MP Megatron at tfsource

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by keebs, Feb 22, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All the more reason to repeal the stupid law. If THAT can happen, then what's the point of even trying anymore?

2. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, they are doing their jobs, but this STILL isn't smuggling, and you STILL haven't told me how breaking this law is in the same (moral) league as identity theft.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if i am not mistaking, you can't even import a realistic toy gun with out it being taken away. or have the package opened up... at least.

4. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So how are people getting the G1 reissue with no problems then? I haven't heard of even one instance of that being a problem, and it looks (almost) as realistic as MP-05. Why aren't you complaining about that? Do you have an unmodded G1 Megatron? If you do, you're breaking the law.

5. Dolza_Khyron

i have no idea, but if you look at the re-reissue of g1's, big bad toy store has to now orange tip them up too. so my guess is, security has been stept up *like it was supposed to of been*

but still, my point remains the same. breaking the law, dispite how stupid it is, is still breaking the law.

6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And so does mine - a company breaking this law isn't unreliable, and there's no reason to think they would start stealing personal info or get into ID theft.

So do you have a G1 Megs? Is it capped?

7. Dolza_Khyron

no, but i never leave it transformed. i mean, i too wish the law didn't exsist. but i do understand why there is a law in place, how ever it's not the government at fault, for the need of the law, it's stupid idiots who think they can rob banks with fake toy guns.

i got the g1 collection reissue from digital toys like 3 years ago, i did not feel the same way i do now.

but i will wait to see the cap on mp megatron, before i buy it. and if it looks like crap, then i won't buy it period.

people need to become smarter, before we remove that law. that's my view at least.

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with you on all that, but sadly, people aren't going to become smarter any time soon.

Personally, I think we should just let all the idiots that would point ANY toy gun at a cop get blown away and call it a day - just because it has orange paint on it doesn't prove it's fake.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Actually, the law is in place because some idiot cops saw an idiot kid pointing a toy gun at them and they filled the little kid full of bullets :( 
    First of all, if we applied that kind of thinking in all situations, it would be illegal to do anything. At all. Ever.

Second, the law is ultimately useless if you actually think about it much. The point is to distinguish toy guns from real ones, right? So what's to keep somebody from painting an orange stripe around the muzzle of their very real gun and passing it off as a toy? Then some crazy eight year old could take it, point it at a cop, and actually shoot him. Sure it's not likely to ever happen, but neither was the incident that got the law passed. I mean, how many decades did we go with realistic toy guns being given to kids all over the country before this happened? It's just a knee-jerk reaction to a freak situation.

10. Dolza_Khyron

i mean i want my megatron to be unmodded too, but i see why bbts, and digital toys, are selling theres with modded tips. because people are stupid enough to try to rob a back, with a nes gun. and get away with it. i wonder if the cord was still attached...

but i do so want mp megatron, and mp-04 prime, so as long as the tip looks ok, i'll buy it at bbts or digital toys. if not, i will just get classics mp prime instead i guess.

no point in having mp prime with his trailer, if i don't have megatron!

i have actually, yet to buy any masterpieces myself, actually.

11. Dolza_Khyron

i don't know if you know this, but i believe the law has been in place for a hundred years. at least what i've read.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've never heard that, I don't believe it.

EDIT: A quick bit of research leads me to believe it passed in February 1987. Checking your facts FTW!

13. flamepanther

There's not even remotely any way that's true. G1 Megatron would have been blatantly illegal. Hasbro wouldn't release an illegal toy. But if you do believe the law's been in place for 100 years, Hasbro's original release of Megatron totally negates the idea that companies who break idiotic toy laws are untrustworthy.

14. Dolza_Khyron

lol well it was just what i heard, so yea it was only a rumor. i believe the orange tip thing, is the law you're speaking of, maybe i'm speaking of a different law. don't know.

and who ever said hasbro is trustworthy? :lol 

15. Dolza_Khyron

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    First of all, I never said anything about the fine being tiny.

Second of all, that's multi-million dollar WAL-MART - not some small internet company that sells a few toys online. Surely, the fine would be adjusted to fit the company and amount of toys sold.

So what was your point?

17. Dolza_Khyron

any how, i think i've stopped caring now one way or another on this conversation :lol 

18. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably for the best.

19. flamepanther

For a company like Wal-Mart, two-hundred thousand dollars is a tiny fine.

20. Dolza_Khyron

yea but if you were a small online retailer, that type of fine would crush you.