Minor/Repaint: MP Jetfire armour

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by nellie131, Dec 11, 2008.

1. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hello radicons

been reading and viewing along time but thought i would share my first spraying attempt!

i first saw this done by auroscope labs a couple of years ago when they put a custom 1/48 scale jetfire on ebay and wanted to ever since.

as i said this is my first attempt at spraying big scale and i think it turned out pretty well. C+C are welcome and just waiting for reprolabels and to detail before i do any more pictures let me know what you think!

also this id dedicated to andy of and of kapow toys aka red leader on these boards thanks for the help when i attempted to order tha fast packs from you!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/nellie131_2007/DSCF1483.jpg

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    looks good man, thanks for sharing.

3. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They look good. Do you have the VF-1S Hikaru to put them on and are you going to do any custom painting on it? I have pics of my MP Jetfire up on the forum. I used the armor from the 1/48 Miria and just did some minor spray paint apps, most of the parts were already red. By using the Miria parts though I didn't get to select the shade of red to use so mine is not as bright as yours but I still like how it turned out. Keep us posted on the final product.

4. unmc2001

News Credits:
    What reprolabels are you putting on it?

5. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im just putting faction symbols on him and yeah i have the VF-1S i was planning on just recolouring the tail fins red to match jetfire and wanted to red stripe the wings but not so confident with masking as i tried it before with bad results, but i do love your custom unmc2001 i wish they had released a jetfire this way!

6. unmc2001

News Credits:
    I have seen a custom that did paint the black stripes red to make it more G1 like and I was planning on it but when I got everything put together I like it in black. Post some pics when you get done, I may change my mind.