MP Ironhide custom by JAF on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Rick_Coronel, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
  2. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If people can complain about energon Optimus and then think this thing is a "masterpiece," then I don't know what to say. The robot parts look fine (using the Skids arms & head was a good touch, since we all thought the mold was going to be used for Ironhide anyway), but that torso is too ridiculous. This is also why I'm glad we're getting a Universe ironhide rather than a masterpiece: there's no reason one of the toughest Autobots should be transforming into a crappy 80's Japanese minivan. His new SUV alt mode much more suits his personality.

3. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    I'm sorry but how is your reply helpful or contributing anything.

4. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:

What a crappy post. I think your work looks great!

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I am also less than impressed - but I've never seen anyone pull the complete G1 transformation off and make it look cool in both modes.

I don't think it's possible, really. The huge torso/chest thing just looks silly and seems to be unavoidable.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    It pisses me off when people can't even respect someone's criticism. Stop being brats and listen when someone points out faults with the work. I think Octavius has a point when he says this custom is poorly timed with the imminent release of Universe/Henkei Ironhide, whose robot form appears far more accurate to the cartoon model than this "Masterpiece". It's even missing Ironhide's yellow stripe. The proportions are horrendous, mostly due to that huge slab of a torso, making the head seem too small and the arms too short (to say nothing of his oversized hands). As a result, a lot of the poses look very awkward, with shoulders seeming dislocated and the figure appearing on the verge of falling forward because of the weight.

I'm largely underwhelmed by this custom. T'is a "Masterpiece" in name only, I'm afraid.

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Ouch fellas. Care to dial it back a bit?

So what if it's not perfect? He put a lot of work into it and it's obviously doing well with the folks, otherwise the bid wouldn't be close to $100.00

I will admit, the proportions are off a bit, but as it was said earlier, it's kinda impossible to take the G1 design and make it workable with today's tech and designs. But, with that in mind, he still did a hell of a job, and more than a lot of us could do.

Cut him some slack.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I own a MP Mirage by JAF.

The whole idea of JAFs' MP series was to be as G1 accurate as possible. I think he accomplished that with his many customs. They may not be everyones' taste, but some of us love it :) 

9. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fellas, if you are going to contribute to helping a fellow board member out, that is cool. But if you want to be extremely critical, come over to the Radicons section and show your own stuff. All customs are not for everyone.
    This is just a listing for a custom transformer on ebay that Rick needs to sale (against his will) for some necessary cash. He loves it, and it will go to a good home.
    I hope all goes well for the auction. I would just say lower the reserve, I am sure you will get more than you want for this!!!

10. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Jizaitoys already seems to be on the right track.

11. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    well i think thats quite good imo.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

While I'm not above the idea of letting your thoughts be known on someone's work, this isn't the right subforum for that considering he's trying to sell an item. So help a fellow TFW member out and show some consideration.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the masterpiece figures stick very close to the G1 version..ironhide was a red minivan in the G1 cartoon, so i'd be very disappointed to see an MP figure with a different alt mode....sure, this isnt the perfect custom ironhide, and i wouldnt call it a masterpiece figure...but it still looks pretty damn good, albeit the proportions are a bit off..i DO like the classics 2.0 SUV version too, though

14. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

It's a good looking custom and looks pretty accurate to the cartoon.

It's definitely better some of the others.

[​IMG]

15. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty good! far above anything I could do! Great job JAF!

And for those criticizing - there is a difference between being critical and being an ass. Learn it and try to use a little thing we call "constructive criticism". As OS said, this is not for everyone but dam without pouring thousands of dollars into R&D and doing this alone it is pretty dang good! Get off him, and just keep your mouth shut if you can't say anything other than the childish comments stated below.

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Below what?

I'll never understand why "unconstructive" criticism is always looked down upon, yet "unconstructive" praise is just fine. We should all nicely praise everything or shut up? Where are we, Candyland?

Who cares what other people think of something, anyway? Let them say their piece and be done with it - no need to jump on them for being "unconstructive". Telling people to "keep their mouths shut" is just as bad (if not worse) as them criticizing IMO.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  17. CyberSlippit

CyberSlippit Bot crazy!

Exactly my thought. I like this one a whole lot more since it actually looks like G1 Ironhide. Actually I wish I could bid on it :D  Excellent work, chap, and it looks like other appreciate it too from the number of bids!

18. JAF

JAF 1984

Hey guys, thanks for taking an interest in the auction. I'm the d00d who made this and I certainly respect the criticisms, no matter how "harsh" they may be. Crit the hell out of my stuff anytime. I also appreciate the positive comments of course :thumbs2: .

These "MP styled" bashes are not for everyone, this is true. I'm a G1 nut along with about 10,000 other kids who grew up watching the cartoon in the 80's. But there are a million TF fans who could care less about G1 accurate stuff, I know it's boring to many. MP==1/24 scale G1 toon/toy accurate. I'll be so bold as to say that this is the most accurate G1 IH figure out there and if anyone wants to challenge that, I'd love to see pics of the proof! Hah! Seriously, cause then I'll learn from it and apply to future bashes.

Anyhow enough about semantics, please give Rick a hand and check out the auction, he's a stand up fellow who is just trying to help out his family.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'd say this guy has you beat - jizaitoys IH - it isn't finished yet and it's smaller, but for G1 accuracy he's simply the best.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  20. JAF

JAF 1984

His stuff is incredible. I'm aware of that IH, but as you said it's not finished. Right now the head is too big and the legs too small, and there's no complete alt mode shots. It's certainly got the potential to be the closest thing to a G1 Ironhide, but this is not yet there IMO.

That said, I think it's only a matter of time before he creates the ultimate IH, I mean holy crap look what he did with Wheelie, the goofiest TF ever.