MP Grimlock size comparison

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronkicksas, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

I think the worst part is that now all MP figures will be around MP starscream's height. If they do make an MP Soundwave, its gonna look ridiculous if its taller than MP Starsceam and MP Grimlock.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I can't see myself collecting these things. Pass.

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    you missed the point, I only brought it up b/c there's already XXX amount of threads about MP Grimlock and it's the same thing over & over again. This is pretty much accepted in the movie boards, but there's no need to clutter the news and rumors board with the same repetitive threads. Some people actually like to read every post just in case someone has new info

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ah well, Size doesn't matter in my case, its Grimlock, Its MASTERPIECE, ITS MINEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :drunk 

MUHAHAHAHA, Ahem. ~!*

Also, pretty sweet overall... though on the pricey side, hey if i can
    Spend US$ 155 on a soul of Chogokin, i can sure as hell spend TWICE the amount for TWO MP Grmilocks! :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    As i've rambled before, i'm more put out by the pointless gimmick that means he has a non-articulated hand... but he's still preordered. With a bit of work, that duff hand can be replaced, at least.

It'd be great if he was about 20" tall. But he isn't. When all's said, I'd rather have a 9 or 10 inch tall, articulated, well-detailed, new character MP TF than yet another repaint, or no MPs at all.

Tbh, i don't think any of the MPs so far really belong together anyway - the Seekers look way more streamlined and "modern" than Prime, Megs looked completely stylistically different again (and personally I thought he had some pretty rotten aspects, in all honesty)... so a shorter-than-Prime-but-more-cartoony-than-Seekers Grimlock? Just another oddball in the line of well-engineered, well-articulated cool-as-fuck oversized oddballness that is the Masterpiece line! They're still the only ones i'm continuing to shell out for :) 

6. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

Awesome Masterpiece. I wonder wat form people:peoples:  will keep him in for displays.....:lol 

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    you can't go wrong with either one, but I'll be keeping him in dino mode. or maybe just get a second one and have both modes displayed:D 

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Oooh, i like your thinking... 2 is always better than one :D 
    Plus, its Grimlock, for fucks sake!! :rock 

9. VampireNekoBoy

VampireNekoBoy Predacon

THIS MUST BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAHHHH! Ive heard that his eyes can switch from Red/ or Blue in both modes, im glad! I prefer Grimlock with red eyes. Finally a Masterpiece of my all time favorite Transformers Character!

10. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Really? Where did you hear that? It would be cool if true :) 

11. VampireNekoBoy

VampireNekoBoy Predacon

Its in the description on BBS, preorders.

12. AutoSlasher101

AutoSlasher101 Strategist

Yeah I can't believe some these people are just bitching about the size! What about all the details!? Be thankful that they made it G1 accurate and even put in changing colors in the eyes!!!!!!!!!

13. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Well-Known Member

It's a pity that Grimlock is not as tall as MP Prime. But it's not putting me off to buy one. There is still plenty of detail and if you don't pose him next to Prime I think you don't even think of it even more as it really is bad ass Grimlock. :wink: 

14. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people would pay the higher price if he were bigger. If it's the same figure with the same level of detail why does it matter if it's bigger? Because you get more mass? Does that make the figure any cooler?

At the same time i don't understand the mentality of people who say we should be "thankful" it's being made. No, I shouldn't be thankful. We're consumers. We pay for this stuff. They should be thankful we choose to spend our money on things like this.

Bottom line is, value is subjective.