MP Grimlock size comparison

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronkicksas, Nov 27, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmmm, a tad bigger than I was hoping, but he'll still fit in with my Classics/Universe bots pretty well.:thumbs2: 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Looks like he'll be the perfect size for my Classics Autobots. Though I'm still going to wait for Hasbro's version of him. It'll be cheaper and easier for me to get ahold of. Here's hoping that he still comes with the gun that's been described, and that at least the Hasbro version comes with the crown. I'd honestly rather have the crown than the brain transmitter thingy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    You guys looking at the 3rd photo?: Why does Grimlock looks like the Tigerzord? XD
    Thanks for the comparisons.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Pics are not showing up for me. :( 

6. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Me either, someone want to mirror so we can FP this?

7. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I'm sorry but I'm very disappointed now. I don't care much how you justify the height by saying he's a bit larger than MP Starscream or that mode is a bit more compact. Fact is he's not as tall as MP Prime, he's been downgraded to that secondary & slightly smaller Masterpiece size present. It's Masterpiece, it's in the $150 range, and it's smaller than MP Prime. The comparison shots there with Classics Prime, Masterpiece Optimus and then G1 Grimlock have turned me off quite a bit to the item. The price made sense to me when I suspected something as big as if not larger than MP Optimus Prime/MP Megatron. Hell I was fully expecting a MP Grimlock with the size/proportions of Supreme Class Cybertron Starscream! But now, looking at that, he'll be MP Starscream sized, just a bit broader/bulkier. MAJOR disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I THINK the reason why he is in the 140+ plus price range is due to the amount of die-cast metal he will have. Remember both Megatron (and especially) Starscream had little to no die-cast metal.

9. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Hmmm... seems like he'll be just a little bit bigger than Ultra Magnus with his City Commander armor. Considering I spent pretty much $100 on that, I think $150 is a fair price for MP Grimlock. I'll most likely be getting him.

10. r'Ne

r'Ne Well-Known Member

With this comparison, Grimlock is almost the same size as MP Prime. But I still hope to see some official robot mode comparison with MP Prime soon.

If the size is the same as MP Starscream in robot mode, or maybe a little bit higher, I'm happy. Can't wait..

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Consider it done.

Attached Files:

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Absolutely perfect. I'm actually pretty happy he's not to scale with MP Prime. I'd rather have him fit in with the entirety of my Classics/Universe collection rather than just, well, just one or two other figures.

The price makes perfect sense to me, too. It's a different economy, a different market and different world than when the first MP toy came out. Oil has been expensive, factories are closing everywhere, people are spending less money. It only seems natural to me that a toy like this would come at a higher price.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty standard then.

14. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    I understand the different economic situation that we are now... BUT there should be some sort of graduated system in the masterpiece line. I understand what you're saying. BUT, IMO, it should not be in scale with classics or universe. It's a different line within the transformers toy line. Im not sure who's responsible with the masterpiece line but that person(s) should have a better vision of what this line is going to be, besides striving for a more accurate representation of the character, scale what not.... , a better point of reference to the size of the line, these type of questions.

Look at Yamato's Macross, its expensive but they are in scale, and are STRIVING for accuracy and perfection. It has different scales, 1/48, 1/60, not saying they dont have flaws. I understand in Transformers there's massive size shifting and all.

Never the less Im happy they made Grimlock, I've pre-ordered a couple already, just saying theres always room for improvement.... in whatever aspects that may be.

15. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Hey, if it works out for you personally, that's great. But as was said above it shouldn't be a Masterpiece item in line with Universe/Classics scale, its a separate line. Even if they went more plastic than diecast to do so (as in the case of MP Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker), the MP Grimlock should have been as large if not larger than Masterpiece Prime.

Which is why so many Walmarts have Deluxe sized TFs still under $8? When I bought the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime brand new, new release it cost me around $80. You can't scale down from that size, likely follow the trend of less diecast in MPs (as they've gone along) which means more plastic, then tack on another $70 with nothing more than 'the economy' as an excuse.

16. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    It's about what I expected. Looks like his dino mode is a tad taller than his robot form.

17. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aren't these the same magazine scans from a couple days ago?

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks about where I 'calculated' the height to be.

19. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Well he should be pretty bulky, but the height is a bit of a let-down.

20. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    (thinks for 5 seconds) Ah cool, i'll have a Classics Grimlock to replace the crappy deluxe.