MP Grimlock, original price?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Agentknife, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep reading about how expensive the in store price for MP Grimlock was was when it 1st released. I don't know if people are refering to the Japanize or the American release of the toy, but just how much did MP Grimlock cost at Toys R us? Also is the current going rate of around $95.00 with shipping for MP Grimlock on E bay worth it. I've only seen pics of MP Grim, but small size compared to MP Prime aside he looks REALLY AWSOME to me.
    On the other hand TRU exclusive MP Hot Rod isn't all that impressive to me, I think it is the too skinny knees and the I'm constapatted look on his face. Hot Rod's alt mode looks cool though( I refuse to call him Rodimus Prime as he Is clearly Target Master Hot Rod, no trailer or black shins)

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    grim in the stores varied from locations and a price hike. he varied from 59.99 to almost 79.99. and the going rate for one misb is about 100-115 before shipping on ebay.

i just sold my loose one for $80.

but while i had it i actually had him with my classics autobots and was a pretty good fit.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I believe MP Grimlock was priced similarly to MP Rodimus at TRU ($59.99, maybe $69.99). It was definitely in the $60-75 range w/tax.

Takara Grimlock was somewhere around $150-160 w/S&H in 2008 (bought mine from BBTS or TFSource).

I don't regret buying the Takara version one bit. I didn't like the idea of waiting 2 years for an American release, but knowing how hot an item it was upon its domestic release at TRU last summer, I'm glad I spared myself the headaches of having to find myself one in-store. TRU MP Rodimus was a different story as the release window between that and the Takara version was much shorter.

4. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    mine was 69.99. think I caught it later in it's lifecycle at stores, couldn't find one for the life of me until a board member helped out.

5. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I just bought one from Toys R Us for $74 and some change with tax earlier this month.

He is $69.99 without tax.

6. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose some TRU locations have fans, but I did not have a hard time finding MP Grimlock. He shelf warmed NY where I live for a while.

7. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where do you live. ha ha ha. My town doesn't have a TRU, but I visit a larger town with one a few times a year, ( 2 days ago in fact ) no MP Grimlock, they did have 2 MP Hot Rods (Rodimus Prime) and an Ultimate Optimus Prime. I'd love to get my hands on an MP Grimlock straight from TRU just to avoid the extra cost.
    Also I can't seem to find MP Rodimus on TRU.com are they an in store only item?

8. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

MP grimlock hasn't been in stores for a long time. If you want one your gonna have to buy it online.

Rodimus sold out on their online sight a couple weeks ago, and he won't be as abundant as other TF toys like generations or DoTM. You should definitely get rodimus sooner than later because the price will go up when people stop finding them in stores.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pro-tip: Try getting a used one here. It may take some time, but if you set a realistic and firm price for yourself, you'll eventually come across someone that'll sell it to you within the old retail range, if not lower. The key is being patient.

10. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Actually as of mid-July, I know there were five MP Grimlocks shelf-warming at a TRU in Cape Cod (I stopped by the Hyannis TRU while vacationing, figuring I'd check for MP Rodimus). So they are still out there at certain stores. They were $69.99, if I remember correctly.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Japanese version-around 15.000 yen. What it exchanged to back then to tomorrow in JPY-USD transactions is very different.

US version was like 49.99 or 59.99

Japanese version has the biggest MP box to date but lots of useless accessories. US version was more bare and had minor paint differences, but overall it's the exact same thing.

US version unfortunately suffered from the exclusive MP syndrome, in which many sellers tried to make 20-30 USD more than retail because he was an exclusive.

Don't let the height fool you, he's a meaty chunk of plastic.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    US version was on TRU's website for $59.99 at first, that's where I got mine. Seems like when he hit stores he was bumped up to $70.

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Grimlock is currently retailing at TRU UK for £59.99, the same as Rodmius. And like Rodimus, he's still in stock. Not sure how much it would cost for US peeps to import due to currency conversion and postage though.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Actually MP Grimlock back then was $130 before shipping,I got mine from BBTS on preorder within a day or two of opening.I also remember just before release they jacked the price up by $10 or $20,but luckily BBTS honored there preorder price so I still got mine for $130.

15. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I bought one of these in late July and I know another board member was planning on grabbing one.

(Also, you weren't the crown stealer, were you?:p )

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Some very good, sound advice here. As soon as you overpay for him, you will see him listed for less. Good luck.

17. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

LOL, no. Can't believe someone would do that; people are stupid to risk getting busted for shoplifting over such a worthless accessory... I did vaguely consider buying them to resell here at cost+shipping, but I just didn't have that kind of money to spare. Good thing I didn't since you got one.

18. 7thkey

7thkey Ultracon

I purchased on one week ago at a local Toys R Us. It was 69.99 but with the 20% off came to around $56. It was the last one before I get all the PMs.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Can't remember what I paid for the Takara version since it was part of a group buy, but the Hasbro edition was $80 here in Canada. Rodimus is only $70 for some reason.

20. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I got him on the web site as well and saw tons of him on the shelves for a while for $70. I remembered feeling dumb for getting him online when I found him easily