MP Grimlock Hasbro release

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron129, May 22, 2009.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In regards to Hasbro not wanting to release a Masterpiece in the middle of movie line consider MP Starscream. He was released in November of 2007, right in the middle of the first movie line. Hasbro also said something about continuing Universe with exclusives and limited releases. It wouldn't surprise me to see Grimlock as a store exclusive in the middle of ROTF. Though I can't really imagine how they'd get away with his sharp claws and tiny drink glasses. I don't see the teeth being as big an issue because they're out of the way and it'd be hard for a child to stab themselves in the eye with them.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I really hope Grimlock doesn't end up as a store exclusive. We still haven't gotten a whiff of Starscream in the UK. Yeah, that's right, Hasbro: people outside America buy Transformers.

3. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Plus because they released it via TRU exclusive here, the price was close to the cost of importing it anyway. If they just sell the thing to anyone it tends to be more reasonably priced. Its not just TRU, when they made the Masterpiece Prime + Trailer an exclusive for Target, Target sold it for A$200.

When the 20th anniversary Prime was mass released he ended up going for the same price as leaders.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based on observation and experience, A Hasbro/western release of MP Grimlock most likely would have the claws on the dino-arms replaced with a more rubbery plastic, or at least shortened/rounded off, as they are hard, pointy, and potentially dangerous in the Japanese version. It's possible the teeth might be blunted or softened, but they don't seem too dangerous to me, and one pretty much has to clamp the jaws on a finger or some such to come close to doing any damage (though I wouldn't put that past a kid.)

I would expect Hasbro Grimlock to have the same metal and chrome as the Japanese version. I suppose it's possible that could be changed if the intent was to reduce the MSRP, But Hasbro has not typically cheaped out on paint apps for the MP toys it has released so far (DVD20 Prime might count, but it's also a repaint of the earlier 20th anniversary model with an extra base.)

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Something just occurred to me. How much would a Hasbro MP Grimlock release probably cost? I want one REALLY badly in case you haven't already noticed.

6. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly won't be caring about this unless someone beats it into the Hasbro exec's heads that people other than those in the US want TF's No MP starscream No wingblade up here in Canada (somone PM me and tell me if wingblade is a shelfwarmer yet?

7. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait 3 or 4 days. All your questions should be answered this weekend at Botcon.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I overheard someone asking about this at the Hasbro booth at TFcon. They rep said somehting to the effect that we will see another Masterpiece release but it will not be Grimlock. I thought he said it would be something we have not seen before.

9. Feralstorm

News Credits:
    Wingblade what now?

10. Spyro

Spyro Banned

@jourdo: But...we've seen all the MP figures. How can there be one we haven't seen or don't know about?

@Feralstorm: I was wondering the same thing.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd like to have the toy, but I don't know if he'll be released in Canada. Plus, I don't have the $100+. I'll ask for him for Xmas then! Hooray!

12. Spyro

Spyro Banned

If he does get a Hasbro release, he'll be the top, if not the only, item on my Christmas list.

13. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

They must have dropped it on a kid.

14. Spyro

Spyro Banned

:lolol 

15. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Didn't BotCon start today? Because, at BotCon any info on Hasbro release MP figures will be revealed.

16. Feralstorm

News Credits:
    You may have to wait until Saturday, and the associated Hasbro presentation, to find out whatever there is to find out.

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Didn't make sense to me either, but that is what the guy said.

18. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Maybe it's an MP Soundwave?

19. Spyro

Spyro Banned

*sigh* Apparently, we're getting MP Thundercracker. I really wanted Grimlock, but since I didn't get MP Starscream, I'll get Thundercracker.

20. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    It's Skywarp not Thundercracker. Although I was hoping for it to be Grimlock, Skywarp excites me. He used to be my favorite seeker, so maybe this will revive the character for me.