MP Grimlock Features

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predakwon, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi,

So I just got the MP-08x Grimlock and I have 2 questions:

1. On the instruction manual, it shows a pic where you push down on the hip in Dino mode, you can make the head move up and down. Does this work for everyone? I can't get mine to work.

2. I remember reading there's a homage to the Diaclone version with a seat in the back. Does that back panel flip up?

Thx

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. You can make the dino head turn by rocking the rear half back and forth, but I don't think it can look up or down that way (don't see any works to make that happen anyway.

2. There is a "Diaclone seat" in the back, but you might need a toothpick or blade or something to pry it open.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    To make the head go up and down you need to plant the feet on the ground and push down on the body. The mechanism is in the hips. If you never do it you won't be missing out on anything, it's pretty damn lame.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

It's funny, but on mine the gear in that runs up his body is misassembled. The black gear portion in his back that meets the gear wheel in his head is crooked. I can always take him apart and straighten it, but I've never been bothered by it. Head still holds and turns fine on its own, and I could care less about the gimmick.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, had MP Grimmy for over a year now and had no idea. Guess that explains the wierd springyness in the hip/shoulder joints. On mine it seems to bump the dino head up a notch and leaves it there. Yeah, kinda lame.

I probably would like MP Grimlock better if the 'move the head around' gimmickry wasn't added (as opposed to the half-assed flop-fest it became). Not a big deal either way, as it's still my fave Masterpiece toy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010