Digibash: MP Grimlock Digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Not a perfect digibash, but good enough imo (considering the quality of the picture I started with). I gave him his basic color scheme, with a couple of added details. I might also do a version with red eyes, and a G2 Blue version. Can't wait to see what Hasbro has in the works for this guy. I'm hoping that if he needs to be a store exclusive over here, that he ISN'T a Walmart exclusive. I'd rather him be a Target exclusive, or, if need be, even a TRU exclusive, but I will NEVER go to a Walmart again. I'll buy one threw a fellow board member before I go there again.

Attached Files:

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lets hope thats how he looks.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

looks neat

I really hope this MP is an improvement over SS. I remember seeing all the drawings for SS and then when it finally came out I was disappointed.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Me Grimlock, Look badass. Sorry bad Grimlock voice, nice work on it, Raven. It has that old G1 style, but I little bit modern. So good job.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's basically what I was going for :D 

I came up with an idea last night for a way we could get two Grimlock's out of this design, and not have one just be a repaint. If Hasbro and Takara really wanted to, they could take this design, tone it down, and make a Voyager class figure in the Universe line (either one of those rare releases while the movie line is out, or when it comes back full swing afterwords). I'd basically be a cheaper and all plastic version of MP Grimlock to sell to the kids and those who don't want to buy the more expensive version. It'd also be easier to repaint into his G2 colors. Personally, I'd buy both the MP version and the smaller one if they were to do that (1 for my Un/Cl display, and the other for my "Other" display"), but I'm having a hard time imagining them doing anything like that at all for some reason. I'd suggest it to them, but that would just ruin the point of suggesting it in the first place by essentially guaranteeing they don't do it at all.

6. Ezilla82

Your welcome, my friend. And I totally agree with what you said and thats why I dig you. Because you have that open mind, so there you go.

7. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Me Grimlock blatantly awesome as MP Convoy! And that's a nice digibash... I'd be happy with that colour scheme. Then again, if they paint him flat black, I'll still like it :) 

8. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    he's better be looking like this or i won,t buy any other masterpiece anymore!

great job Ravenxl7!

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Why won't you be shopping at Walmart again?

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

Personal reasons. It's already been well over a year since I was inside one, and I plan to NEVER again set foot in one again.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

So it's essentially a semi-boycott then?

12. Ezilla82

I understand why you might have personal reasons for not setting foot in a Wal-Mart, but I can't share on here. And thats cool with me. Besides I like Wally World a lot of Rednecks and I'm one of them, sometimes the cashiers are friendly while others well seem to be a little bit grumpy. But I enjoy going there and if someone doesn't like it then I respect their decision.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, basically a personal boycott, so yeah, you could say that.

It'd be awesome if we could somehow get more MP Dinobots, but I don't think that's very likely. We're a bit lucky to be getting Grimlock, let alone one that looks this awesome. Personally I'd be happy if we got some more Classics styled Dino's, so they can be either displayed with the Classics Grimlock, or this MP Grimlock.

14. lord_chain

lord_chain Active Member

Ebay:

i'd be grumpy too if i was working somewhere for 10-15 years and lost my health care benefits or seriously had them decreased one day and couldn't get a pay raise past 11 an hour.

mind you i like wal mart but damn.

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Colors looks pretty good. I think Grimlock is a pretty good choice on Takara's part cuz they can either reissue him again after the initial run like they are doing with Megs, Magnus, and Skywarp and/or do the G2 repaint based on how popular the mold sells in the initial release

16. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am so getting this!

17. Ezilla82

I agree with ya. But still the MP Grimlock I'm going to pass on it, but I don't doubt the others are already have this on their list of patiently waiting for this bad boy. So to you enjoy this when it arrives.

18. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I like what I see, and what I see looks awesome. All the better if that's the final color scheme.

......but I'm gonna wait for a second-run of MP Grimlock. First-run of MP Starscream was, well, green. I hear the first-run of MP Megatron had rusty feet; I actually have a first-run Megatron, and I've been too lazy to turn him back into a robot to find out.

Let's just hope nobody at Takara "improves" the mold, and that the first release won't be G2-style blue.