Heavy/Scratch: MP Grapple

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kelvinchang99, Sep 27, 2009.

1. kelvinchang99

kelvinchang99 Well-Known Member

Okay, so here is the MP Grapple finally finished.. As I did start many projects before and didnt finish, I am on a mission to try to complete as many of them as I started.

Here is MP Grapple. Yes, this is transformable and shelled from an old 80's firetruck combined with bits and pieces from other vehicles that suited.

Apart from some final decal and painting the feet and touch up including the shoulders, this guy is done. I really was contemplating on doing a Universe or MP sized but MP just meant that much more to me.

Hope you guys like it.

Attached Files:

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    holy! this is too awesome, a job well done! :bay 

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice job man, i like the truck you picked for him

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I'm loving the concept. My only major gripe would be that the wheels don't look so nice sitting out so far out from the truck. Makes it look like some off road vehicle with small wheels.

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

looks great Kelvin. this is one of my faves! so u doing a MP jazz?

6. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    He looks great! I didn't even know you were doing this. The choice of toy truck for the reshell is and the color is perfect. I'd only suggest two things: get deeper into the screw holes with the paint, or fill them in with putty and paint over, and a little something to cover the black thighs in truck mode.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow! I don't know what else to say.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. Those wheels separate this custom from being "awesome" to "super-awesome!" I'd like to see the legs look less MP-Primeish, but I don't feel that's nearly as big of a deal as the wheels.

Other than that, this is a STELLAR piece. Great job, Radicon! :thumb 

9. struecker85

struecker85 Autobot

i like it and i like the wheeljack you are workin on

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great work, it's nice to see Inferno and Grapple side by side. Can't wait to see what's next!

11. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    he looks great kelvin. a tasty bash all around. The wheels don't bother me as much. maybe some wheel covers would fix any aesthetic issues. can't wait to see the decals. very nice!

12. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Cool! is like an old Tonka truck!

13. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crane looks odd sitting on a truck of that type but still nice work nonetheless. Bot mode looks real good.

14. kelvinchang99

Thank you all for your kind words. I have taken many inspiration from people in this radicon and other customising site. Glad you guys like the build, first re-shell attempt I have done to this scale.

Taking onboard the feedback, a couple points noted from everyne:

1) Wheels - Take it in. I tried to line up the back the front, of course being an MP Prime mold, these are hard to line up and therefore the back wheels seem to jutt out more. If I brought it in closer, it will be out of line with the front. I will give it a try but do you guys agree the front wheel should line up with the back or doesnt matter?

2) A cover over the Prime legs. Funny that, I initially started witht he legs retracted. Then the vehicle mode looked like an SD Grapple... hehe.. I understand what you mean about some form of coverage. I will think about this. I think it should be something that folds out in vehicle mode.. However, just wondering how to tuck that in the leg in bot mode. Thanks,.. will try to have a crack at this.

Thyvipera, that other custom is an MP WheelJack I am working on.. just started so may take a while :) 

BTW, did you guys notice the rubber band in the vehicle mode?? hehehe... I was using it to hold the putty for the front so the doors will clip in but only had a short time to take some happy snaps.. anyway, if you dont see it, even better. I have taken it off now. :) 

15. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

uhh, ya, this is VERY well done as well as a perfect match for your Inferno.

Your construction reminds me of having Tonka Trucks when I was a kid. You so need to consider a Devistator...

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really think you're doing something fantastic here. You've submitted your project for critique, listened to comments, and now you're tallying up everything as sort of a battle plan to go back in. I know I can say for my comments that I spent the time to pick things apart hoping you might do this. You have really done well, and Radicons, you guys have really done well giving constructive criticism. It's instances like this that make me glad I'm a Radicon :) 

17. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that is really awesome

18. kelvinchang99

Thank you all for the great comments. I just hope I can live up to expectations.. aiming to begin some of the suggested mods soon. Will post pic when I have progress. I agree, the feedback here is s tribute to how great this community is and every radicon is awesome here. Glad to be part of it.

Kalron, you mean an MP sized Devastator?? I am not that game plus it would weight a ton.

19. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    Son of a gun, I did not notice that rubber band! As opposed to pulling the wheels in I'd rather see more bulk in the lower legs to even them out. In the back anyway.

20. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:
    damn you kelvin i told you so...this is pro's works mang!!!

i think this is the baddest you ever done Kelvin...so youre growing a lot...and i saw like MP Size WJ there...are you nuts???hehe...damn...

this time honestly im proud of you mang