Heavy/Scratch: MP G1 Devastator aka Poor Man's CrazyDevy WIP 90% Done

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by BigBadBoombox, Sep 19, 2010.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

Okay so I've been working on this for about 6 months now, so I figured I'd put up some photo's of my almost done WIP. For those interested, I started with a KO big lots set, then I pieced together some junker g1 constructicons. The legs came from a Movie 1 Jetblade junker, and the knee's are actually the shoulders from the first movie seekers. This gave me 5 points of articulation on his lower body. I epoxied the missiles on the knee's to detract from the bit of overall sharpness the knee's had on them. Arms are from a MP skywarp, with a bit of tape on the g1 pegs, they lock right in, I'm currently trying to hunt down some type of adapter that will allow them to get a bit tighter. Head is on a balljoint supplied from Animated Cybertonian Voyager Megatron, I'm actually waiting on a proper g1 head to get better color coordination. I've included some comparison shots with ROTF Bruticus with FP crossfire sets for you comparison junkies. Oh and Reprolabels to make it more g1-ey

Any feedback on this would be appreciated, I still have a bit more to do with this badboy, the arms specifically.

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

That looks really good. I did similar things with mine. The KO set is good but the quality of the plastic is lacking. Can't wait to see it finished. Does he still come apart and transform? Some weathering will make him look great.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Wait.. something isn't right... YOU SAY POOR MAN!!!?????

QTF... I count MP Seekers, MP Grimlock.... probably not your only ones?

But the WIP looks real nice.... those MP Seeker arms are perfect, just hard to find spares :( 

4. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Looks good man, though I think his neck is a tad to long.

5. BigBadBoombox

Yes he does still transform and breakdown into the core cons, I specifically engineered it that way.

In regards to cost, the mp skywarp was only 15 bucks and the rest came from a junker lot I paid maybe 40 for, but I got like 20 bots from that. So compared to the real add on's I made this for a steal.

And as for the neck, the ball joint added 1/8 in to it, but when he stands straight up it's not nearly as noticeable. I'll be fixing that when I get the g1 head.

*Edit* Just realized the Poor Man's was referring to me not being poor....lol. Yeah Not poor, but I'm trying to build my engineering skills for a bigger build that's ahead of me that's going to cost me more than I care to guess.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. G60Force

Ebay:
    Junker MP lot's where???? OMG I must live I the wrong country :( 

7. BigBadBoombox

No the junker lot was a few ultra's, pieces of tooons of cybertron deluxes and a few voyager movie toys. The MP Skywarp was just an extra I picked up at Walmart after christmas that sat around.

I am actually doing a second custom for Optimus_Scourge using Skywarps waist and legs with another KO set, but I wanted to get this out there before I started posting WIP's for his. Here's a sample of the other WIP

[​IMG]

8. G60Force

Ebay:
    wow that waist also works nicely man!

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should have used the waist AND arms for one single bash. The arms look hot on your's, buuuut... the legs and waist not so much.. I know you said this is a WIP so maybe you'll change things around still. I like thwere you are going with this so far though :thumb 

10. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

I concur. Your original is nice for what it is, but the legs do look out of place. I definitely think the seeker waist looks very nice with this. The scale with Bruticus is very nice as well. Might have to see if I can scrounge up some goods to build me one.

11. BigBadBoombox

My only though is with using the MP Skywarp leg/waist is that the total height lost is over 1.5 Inches. If I can find someway to add another point of articulation, I may go that route.

12. BigBadBoombox