Heavy/Scratch: MP Dinobot Slag

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Buzby74, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Buzby74

Buzby74 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone, only me again.

I have about 3wks to go on the completion of my other MP Swoop. So I want to start another project, I have no idea where Im going with this yet. What I do know is that i have found a suitable head for it from a Zoid Black Rhino. I will probably use the feet and some body amour for this bash.

I will take the cannons off the side of the head, the horn at the top and then trim the stup horn off the nose. Then figure out a base to stick it too.

If you have any ideas ot tips feel free to voice them. You never know i might find them useful and then use it in this build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Using the same Zoid for my Classics Slag :)  Great choice, and can't wait to see where you land!

3. Buzby74

Ebay:
    it perfect for it, isnt it? I thought you were using a Red Horn zoid? I thought of following that too. Actuallu i think Im going to change tactic here. I will probably use the more suited Red Horn I have Spare for this one. And then start another WIP with this Black Rhino zoid and use it for Snarl.

Thanks buddy... Got me thinking now. Happy days!

I was so lucky to pick the whole zoid up in a car boot sale 2weeks ago for £1.50p... Cheap as chips, lol!

4. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

After seeing how good Swoop turned out.I hope this works out for you dude. I've GOT to look into these Zoid kits.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Damn, this just reminds me that I sold my spare Zoids Rhimos. Typical. :( 

Good starting point... can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm very interested to see how people fare doing larger classic-style Dinobots... especially using found figures and parts, because that insane scratchbuilding stuff is way beyond me. :) 

Wait, aren't you using a Dark Horn for your Slag? The big Styracosaurus Zoid?

zmog

6. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys are right, Dark-Horn =/= Black-Rhino, I was losing ym mind, evidently :) 

Well, my flub sparked some creative juices though, so it's all good :) 

Thankfully I have access to Sludge and Slag again, so I'm going to have to get rolling on finishing them!

7. Buzby74

Ebay:
    I have been thinking that Im going to use a Walmart MP Seeker for the base figure. You know mutilating it and then building Slag up like Frankenstein, a bit like Swoop I did.

Question guys... I was wondering if some of you can post some pics of Slag for me to try and work to. Myabe one of you has a detailed sketch, or some pics of a G1 Slag in both mode, or even comics pics.. That would be great and much appreciated too.

Hey Destro, I wonna see the dinobot WIP...

8. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    I've been working from pictures of the toys and inimations models from Generations, so all paper, no digital pics in my hopper ro share, but some google img searching should do you well :) 

As far as my guys, here are a few choice pics from The WIPS

Slag is still very early and a little rough:

[​IMG]

Sludge is nearing completion:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Buzby74

Ebay:
    I found some bits that came from a stair gate which i fitted for my little boy. All they are is the plastic pipe stoppers that you get in the end of the tubing to protect the tubing in the packaging.

[​IMG]

Im definately going to use the seeker base because I know I can modify the legs to double jointially back over on themselves like Ive done on my MP Swoop (Dino mode).

This is kinda how Im going to try and lay the peice as I build the torso area. My intension would be to try and blend this (some how) into the seeker base. In my head I reckon I will use the side adominal section off the seeker too at both sides like they are postitioned to the seeker.

[​IMG]

Much like Swoop I plan to use legs, head, arms, some of body and body section. Al with heavy modifcation to take anything that look like seeker away......