MP-8X Grimlock Re-Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I bought mine for 270 shipped back around '09/10. Good for people that missed out and not willing to pay 700+...

2. Funkmasterke

Funkmasterke Custom Title:

News Credits:
  3. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Damn it - now I need MP08 and MP08X - anyone wanna buy a kidney (damaged)

4. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

It seems like there were some QC issues with the last version that had the coin and flame attachment for the sword; I'm glad this one's coming out to have a chance at MP Grimlock for less than ridiculous amount. The comic colors aren't far enough from the G1 colors to be a dealbreaker.

5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

On the one hand I think it's wrong to re-release exclusive figures. They were exclusives for a reason and releasing them anew diminishes the exclusiveness of the original release.

But on the other hand I'm jumping with joy. I passed on the original release since I was at the time taking the first downsizing steps and didn't want doubles. It's a decision I've regretted ever since. King Grimlock became my holy grail so I'm very happy with this reissue. Considering the upcoming 3rd Party Grimlock I'll probably sell my MP-8.

I do hope that other stores will also offer this reissue. BBTS is rather expensive and their international shipping rather high. And a package this size will be held for customs and the higher price/shipping will result in hefty import taxes.

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    While likely a Hasbro Asia re-release, it's under the TakaraTomy label. So it is a TakaraTomy product, just Hasbro Asia is the distributor / producer.

Randy

7. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd put my money that this is a Hasbro Asia release, hence Japanese e-tailers will not carry this.....BUT HK e-tailers should! It seems very odd that Takara would issue a 2nd run after 4.5 yrs? Smells like Hasbro Asia cashing in on the upcoming movie or negating potential KO's. Either way, still thrilled about it....and like others hope there's no mold degradation.

8. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I so want this because I love that color scheme...but $260...I know he goes for a lot more but really i am completely on the fence about this really...

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Sweet, was able to get credit back from the takara mp grimmy sitting in my pol and can apply it to this one. Now just to get the us release version and I'm good

10. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

Lulz at people saying $250 is too high when the normal version of grimlock was selling for that 7 months ago.

I paid $500 for a MISB king, and this is half that price. If it is another smaller run, it should appreciate fairly quickly again, but either way it's a good deal.

11. prime0821

prime0821 leader

I want one but MPs are soo much money

12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just simply don't have the space for more boxes or figures. I have a spot for Magnus Wheeljack Bee and Daniel. But another big Dino? Gah this is depressing. Screw it. BOUGHT

13. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Well. It will be bought as soon as RK puts up preorders.

14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    He's so neat, but I just can't justify him right now.

15. HeatGuts

HeatGuts Well-Known Member

If this was 3 months ago I would be totally into this. Now in my eyes its just different colors.

16. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I may be alone here. But here me out. Takara reissued mp-01 quite a bit before releasing news of mp-10. The only other figures to see that kind of rerelease are starscream and Grimlock. We got a new starscream. Throw in a 3rd party Grimlock that looks pretty good being on the way and a fan demand for a properly sized grimlock might mean a possibility for a newer model for grimlock properly sized with future Dino modes. Also the movies stirring up old nostalgia for dinobots? Could I get a "Id be down with that?"

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks awesome

18. 70s80scollector

70s80scollector Well-Known Member

happy this is reissued just to piss off scalpers hawking initial mp8x for $1000. now i can send them offers for $250 with free shipping and justify it by saying they are going to be reissued in 2 months so they better get rid of their stock :D 

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    This might mean that Takara might bring a MP Grimlock v2 soon, like they did with MP-10. It's too bad I wont have money for either of the grimlocks, may it be the lovely mp-08x, or MP Grimlock v2 if it comes next year or something (unless getting him from HLJ at super discounted price on EB, but even then, not 100%), the Giga Power or the FT one. It always sucks that I am stuck with the 1 version of everything, MP-01, MP-03, and MP-08, all takara, but too stubborn and cheap to want to improve them... that said, grimlock may be the only one I will seriously consider breaking the rule, eventhough I love him very much (my favorite TF actually, along with Quakewave).

20. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

I don't think selling a rare item years after it was released that nobody wanted to buy then is "scalping."

Scalping is buying up a limited item and reselling it at the time of release.

And its the price people were/are paying. I saw a sealed one go for 1,000 on ebay a few months back.
    I understand it's frustrating to see something you can't afford, but you can't hate them for looking for the highest dollar amount for a rare item.
    It seems a lot of people are passing on this one as well so it will probably be rare and expensive again in no time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.