MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm so looking forward to this. Already have so many cool picture ideas already in my mind. Going to be so fun doing comparison pictures with my childhood Megatrons too.

Certainly have plans to recreate these pictures with MP BW Megatron as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I have been summoned.

Dinosaurs are a group of Archosaurs united by a series of 12 particular body features. The common ancestor of all dinosaurs had these twelve features, and it is those features that make things a dinosaur. Strap yourself in for education as I present to you, these things:

In the skull, a supratemporal fossa (excavation) is present in front of the supratemporal fenestra, the main opening in the rear skull roof
    Epipophyses, obliquely backward pointing processes on the rear top corners, present in the anterior (front) neck vertebrae behind the atlas and axis, the first two neck vertebrae
    Apex of deltopectoral crest (a projection on which the deltopectoral muscles attach) located at or more than 30% down the length of the humerus (upper arm bone)
    radius, a lower arm bone, shorter than 80% of humerus length
    Fourth trochanter (projection where the caudofemoralis muscle attaches on the inner rear shaft) on the femur (thighbone) is a sharp flange
    Fourth trochanter asymmetrical, with distal, lower, margin forming a steeper angle to the shaft
    On the astragalus and calcaneum, upper ankle bones, the proximal articular facet, the top connecting surface, for the fibula occupies less than 30% of the transverse width of the element
    Exoccipitals (bones at the back of the skull) do not meet along the midline on the floor of the endocranial cavity, the inner space of the braincase
    In the pelvis, the proximal articular surfaces of the ischium with the ilium and the pubis are separated by a large concave surface (on the upper side of the ischium a part of the open hip joint is located between the contacts with the pubic bone and the ilium)
    Cnemial crest on the tibia (protruding part of the top surface of the shinbone) arcs anterolaterally (curves to the front and the outer side)
    Distinct proximodistally oriented (vertical) ridge present on the posterior face of the distal end of the tibia (the rear surface of the lower end of the shinbone)
    Concave articular surface for the fibula of the calcaneum (the top surface of the calcaneum, where it touches the fibula, has a hollow profile)

Birds are dinosaurs. Divebomb is more of a Dinobot than Swoop is, given he actually is a dinosaur.

Notable things which are not dinosaurs:

Silesaurs: The closest cousins of dinosaurs and included with them in the family Dracohors. These caused a lot of confusion when first discovered as they had incredibly dinosaurian features, but clearly weren't dinosaurs
    Pterosaurs: Included in the family Avemetatarsalia/Ornithodira/Pan-aves, these are included in this family due to the ankles, which allow for an upright, bipedal posture you might recognise from such living dinosaurs as birds. Pterosaurs, however, are not dinosaurs. At all. They also didn't walk bipedally, instead using their massive front legs to be quadrupedal (Except in maybe Nyctosaurus but given it has lost its entire hand except for one finger, who knows what's the deal with that)
    Crocodiles: Fellow living Archosaurs, but they're down the other path, Avemetatarsalia specifically being 'Everything closer to birds than crocodiles"

• Like Like x 13
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you an archeologist?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Does anyone have pics of Primal fighting Megatron in bot mode. I don't remember Megatron being so much taller than Primal, but the MP is going to dwarf him,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Omega_Optimus

Omega_Optimus Well-Known Member

If I had to stick my hard earned cash on it...the next MP Predacon to be released will be Tarantulas!

On a side note...I think what always annoyed me was I liked Scorpinok and loved Terrorsaur, and they were replaced with my least favourite character from the series, Quickstrike, such a poor trade off for me!

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Dinobot was taller than Primal in season one and here's a picture of him engaging Megatron.

Attached Files:

7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Heh, now I didn't like Skorponok much but Quickstrike can do one, single worst character in series.

8. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Silverbolt said it best. "You claim to be the toughest of us all snake, but you've done little to prove it."

Did Quickstrike EVER do anything of note, besides give BA the nickname sugar-bot? :p 

9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    He was both an annoyance and for some reason really offensive to me. Everything he did or said made me cringe and feel a little bit ashamed of watching.

10. TaurusOxford

I was never annoyed by him, but I really do wish he was built up more as one of the stronger Predacon fighters. I think his character should have been made more malicious so he could be a rival to Silverbolt.

11. snakey jones

snakey jones Well-Known Member

I liked Quickstrike, he had a really unique design and his toy was one of my favorites as a child, but now that that i think about it; the only scene of his i can think off the top of my is when Dinobot gave him that epic beat-down in code of honor. That and Rampage running over him in tank mode that one time. Really, I think he was just there to make Waspinator feel better.

Oh, don't forget this scene:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Nope. I just have too much time on my hands and a desire to learn

• Like Like x 5
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I sort of mean he was an annoyance within the show, although he did also annoy me.

I hated his design almost as much as his character tbh. Asymmetrical, no hands, mussel for a mouth and clown shoes...and that deco...bright yellow and green, it's quite puke inducing. I wasn't much of a fan of the toy either for much the same reasons, why was so much of him transparent?

Indeed, he quickly feel into that position of slapstick comic relief that Waspinator did with much more style and pathos IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snakey jones

snakey jones Well-Known Member

Waspinator was always painfully aware of his place in the universe, whereas Quickstrike was a petty thug with an over-inflated view of his own abilities. I don't think there was another character in the show with that dynamic, aside from Terrosaur perhaps. In that regard i do think Quickstrike served a purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Meh...I'd prefer Terrorsaur had survived and Quickstrike never existed...but anyway MP Quickstrike is about as likely as a snowball in hell at this point. MP Megatron on the other had looks glorious, I can't wait to see magazine scans with details of transformation and accessories, fully coloured stock photos and the much anticipated/feared price and pre-order.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TaurusOxford

Well considering his size and transformation "complexity", they could probably whip out a MP Quickstrike for 50 bucks or less.

17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    He'd be a very cheap addition to a Metals MP shelf, although he's unfortunately the only show character who comes with zero repaint potential, so Takara will have to get creative before approaching Quickstrike.

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hadn't thought of that... that could be fun.

Of course I'm serious about finding a pic of Japanese Terrorwait what? Gives record of the future? My sig? The golden disc gives record of the future... my sig is just for laughs.

19. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Haha, we will never seen an MP go for that cheap

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I seriously hope they do the full season 1 cast. That seems like a dream though. I’d be interested to see sales numbers for Masterpiece Beast Wars figures.

• Like Like x 1