MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Megatron matches the height of Prime. I can assure you that

• Like Like x 3
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Thanks, maybe its just the backpack that tips him over Convoy's height to my mind.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

Remember everyone, Megatron is wearing his finest pair of T-Rex-skinned high heels so he’s not really as tall as he makes himself out to be.

Also, it doesn’t matter if he’s taller than MP 10. Megatron’s size isn’t a comment or insult to any previous G1 figures; he fits perfectly with the characters he’s meant to and the only message I’m getting when I look at at MP-43 is ‘look how fucking sexy I am!’ High heels and all.

If Beast Wars MPs got their own sub line numbering system like the MPMs we could avoid a lot of fuss over nothing.

• Like Like x 9
  4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

From what I can tell, from the top of Megatron's head, he'd be around 25cm tall. That's only sightly taller than MP-10 Prime who's antenna reach 24.5cm.

Their goal was to make Megatron scale correctly with the characters he actually appeared with in this embodiment of the character so it's actually pretty fortunate that he ended up being close to G1 Optimus Primes MP's height seeing as sometimes G1 Prime and Season 1 BW Megatron are depicted together being the same size in stuff like RobotMasters. The scale from the BW show would be impossible to make in Masterpiece form, Cheetor would be the size of Spike based on realistic scale standards and even smaller using the impressively giant depiction of the G1 chatacters from the BW show. The original Mega Transmetal Megs and any one of the huge Optimus Prime toys out there would be a better representation of the huge G1 and BW size difference.

I don't really understand why this come up in MP BW threads cause it seems like what you're really after is something more like the tiny robot hero statues rather than super accurate and articulated in both modes versions of BW characters.

5. Chopper Face

More likely it’s just from people who’d rather BW MPs didn’t exist. Beast Wars figures should be inferior and unimpressive or not be at all.
    STOP MAKING MUH CARS LOOK SO CRUMMY!

• Like Like x 2
  6. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

It feels like that's where these comments are coming from sometimes, and that would bother me.
    The thing is BW made G1 look really cool to me. I had faint memories, being really young, of the 86 movie and some of the Sunbow toon. Still being young when Beast War aired, seeing Prime and the others as a resting giants was really awe inspiring. They looked like legends from a distant past that I only had hazy recollections of. I'm sure there where many others like me as well as other people who remembered G1 clearly at the time and saw these depictions as pretty flattering homages.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I personally shy away from the "TRUKK NOT MUNKY" discussion as I find there are just as many (a vocal minority thankfully) unreasonable and intolerant voices on both sides of the argument. G1 came first, it's without question the most recognisable and and iconic depiction of Transformers (including the movieverse?) so Beast Wars fans shouldn't be be surprised or feel hard done by when G1 gets most of the spot light, its understandable...it deserves it. However Beast Wars did save the franchise as well as add to it in many ways, both in lore and toy design. Theres a lot to be celebrated there...so when it is those who don't like Beast Wars for whatever reason should understand that it deserves it's moment in the sun also. In short we're all here because of what G1 kicked off and what Beast Wars kept going so we should all be very thankful both existed and that due that we get to continue to enjoy Transformers today.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Chopper Face

I Had similar feelings regarding their depiction in BW although I’d never seen G1. Hearing about the Great War and the Legendary, almost mythical status of Prime and OG Megatron made them fascinating and as if there was this hugely impactful, historic event I was missing out on so I slapped on an episode of G1 once Beast a Wars was over; I don’t know how far I made it through the episode but everything about it was unpleasing to me. I was much younger so I guess I assumed it would be a similar aesthetic and tone to Beast Wars so it was naturally quite jarring to see the animation and hearing that theme music when I was mad about the hard rock fury of a Beast Wars. I’d probably actually be able to watch G1 now purely for the lore but I think I decided that the events of the Great War might be best just left in my imagination. I also hate a modern setting and Transformers interacting with humans. Give me a Cybertron set story without the interference of squishy folk and I’ll be all in.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Heh, what you experienced is the exact reverse of what G1 fans like myself felt when they checked in with their beloved childhood obsession 'The Transformers' and saw the 'monstrosity' it had become. Whatever way you approach it it's jarring, G1 to Beasts Wars or the reverse. The aesthetics, the tone, the scope, the animation, the toys...it was all very different and quite difficult to reconcile if you were a dyed in the wool fan of one or the other. Many people never have. Of course that was exactly what was needed to revitalise the line, a totally new direction for a new generation of fans. I wont lie, I thought Beast Wars (the toys the CGI cartoon the concept...all of it) looked terrible when I first encounter it. It was quite aberrant to me. I would probably still feel the same today had I not been convinced to give the show a proper go and persevere with it. The beauty in Beast Wars for me is not in the design, the concept of robots that turn into beast...most of that seemed wrong to me at the time, it's in the story and the characters. It's quite the acquired taste for someone brought up on the blocky robotic epic larger than life 80's excitement of G1 and I totally get why many people still don't 'get it'.

Do yourself a favour, read the marvel comics (US and UK), they are MUCH better than the cartoon. The movie is good fun, and a nostalgic classic for me, but much of the TV series was patchy and often quite poor, especially if you compare it to Beast Wars. The comics had much more substance to they and a lot more robot-centric stuff as opposed to human interaction, althuogh of course theres plenty of that too but it actually good! It's not all brilliant of course but the overall quality of story telling and Character development is on a par with Beast Wars in many places.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

G1 starts out rough. I say this as a guy that remembers coming home from school and popping on the "new" episodes of G1 and having a snack most days. When I rewatch it now, the first episode is pretty OK, second is alright mostly for the setup and battles, third is pure trash. Just, filler nonsense except the end.

Then things take a sharp uptick for a while. Sure, there's humans involved, but for the most part they aren't completely abhorrent nuisances.

But as the show moves forward there's some really good episodes set on Cybertron. And the lore they investigate, the truth of what Cybertron actually is/was, and some of the backstory they develop is really impressive.

And then there's episodes like Carnage in C Minor. Eesh. Such a great concept cut down by absolute garbage "singing" and some of the worst animation in all of Transformers history.

Best wars was a huge step up from what G1 was. My heart will always see G1 in a positive light, and on some level I recommend watching it to any fan just to see where this all started. Even though the G1 comics were miles better, the show is what really grabbed a larger audience. But I'll never claim it's a masterpiece. The rose colored glasses can be set aside so I can objectively say, you're not gonna be hanging on the edge of your seat episode after episode. Try to watch it thinking about what it was like as a kid to see this concept for the first time coming to life before your eyes. Somewhere in that mental state is magic.

• Like Like x 8
  11. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Seconded on the comics. They never had the stupidity that is B.O.T.

It was one of the few episodes I saw as a kid and I hated it with a passion. What I most hated was the old trope of a bunch of kids just building a bipedal robot from junk. That and being able to just shove a disk in it and it come to life, interfacing with new designs like it's nothing.

Adult me accepts it as a dumb episode but kid me got genuinely angry about it, lol.

BW may not have been my gig as I was 12 when it came out and more interested in what these new hormone things were doing to me but having watched every episode as an adult, it sure has it's dumb moments but none of them approach B.O.T. lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Night Flame

The cartoon is filled with this sort of thing. Carly knowing how to turn off Bumblebee's equilibrium system. Chase knowing how to fix Autobots without having ever met them before. Raul, a street punk at best, repairing Tracks. I could go on for days with those types of scenarios.

• Like Like x 5
  13. geekatron prime

geekatron prime I came, I saw, I geeked out!!! TFW2005 Supporter

But, but B.O.T. was a masterpiece! It should of won Emmy's, Tony's, Oscar's, Obies, & even Clio awards! :confused2 

Seriously tho. Can't wait to have this MP43 in hand. He's going to be epic when he comes out! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should just go balls out and say you're going to wait for the KO and V 3 looks like a turd.

No idea why your statement got drawn out like it did....

• Like Like x 2
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But, y'know, Optimus' death in the Marvel comics...

• Like Like x 2
  16. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Bwahahaha, ok you got me on that one. Optimus sacrificing himself due to a cybertronian code because he allowed computer characters to die, something he would never do in reality. Is dumb but what irked me about that was not the death. Within the context that kind of made sense. No, what irked me as a child and was stupid as hell was that...

all of Primes knowledge, memories and his personality all fit on a 5 3/4 floppy disk? Those things didn't even have the storage capacity of a 3 1/4 inch disk, they were tiny. Backing up my Dad's PC took us about 60 disks and that was just files!

The Prime on a disk was, for me, the closest the comics got to B.O.T.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Well this has gone rather off topic, I guess I'm at least partly to blame. SORRY!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Night Flame

Look at the Dinobot thread. When you go weeks or even months in between new news about the thread topic, conversations tend to flow in whatever direction they're gonna flow.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Chopper Face

Interesting though. As an adult, it’s easy for me to put myself in someone else’s shoes so I can totally relate to a G1 purist who despises the mere existence of Beast Wars just because it’s different.
    I’ve felt this way about so many properties but once you calm down and allow yourself to actually give these things a chance and even admit that you were hasty to judge initially and come to enjoy the thing you thought you hated, it’s quite liberating and opens you up to other experiences you otherwise would have shielded yourself from.
    I’m also hugely aware of the power of nostalgia and my undying inner child which is why, although I’d love to have a circle of friends who all love Beast Wars and collected the toys so o could do my Megatron impression and actually have someone get the reference for once, I know it’s way too late to introduce any of my chums to the show and expect it to resonate even close to the way it did with me as a pup.
    I was at the right place in the right time to fall in love with Beast Wars when it released and I’m in the right place at the right time now to be collecting as many of these MPs as I like and, let me tell you, it’s a good place to be.
    Back to Megatron now?...

• Like Like x 3
  20. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think it might be the bulk of Megatron compared to MP OP V3.
    :lolol 
    I swear those people act like Hasbro and the younger fans and coming to their houses and making them dump their collections of previous lines and DVD's/VHS Tapes/Whatever they have of their favorite Transformers cartoon as a kid into one big pile, dousing it with gasoline, and burning it right in front of their eyes all because something new is coming soon. It's not replacing your childhood memories, we have a right to our childhood memories too. That is all.
    Is that the one where his face melted off?

• Like Like x 1