MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    We need someone to specifically put together a pic with every figure this MP BW Megatron has been shown off alongside just for a comparison.

2. mykkE

mykkE Well-Known Member

BW Megs IS a flagship figure... I don't understand your stance. BW MPs are in scale with each other that is all that matters. Megs was a big dude.

• Like Like x 9
  3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Star Saber and Ultra Magnus are both larger than Optimus Prime too. Him being the flagship figure doesn't mean he should be the tallest, right? I mean, what if they were to release a combiner. Would you want them to be smaller than Optimus as well?

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Obviously not .

• Like Like x 2
  5. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    Whats the thought about the MP BW Megs paint? The Printed image that was shown did not have the nice detailing of the one displayed on the show floor. I really hope its the show floor one. That is leaps and bounds above any MP so far IMHO. They just nailed it. Any thoughts on the price for this?

• Like Like x 3
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Is it?

You're ascribing significance to size that doesn't exist. There were characters larger than Optimus in G1. There's bound to be characters bigger than him in other series. You've just made up for yourself that no figure should be larger for no reason.

So your own argument is flawed, then?

• Like Like x 7
  7. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

That image on the leaflet just looks like an utter disgrace to the character and brilliant execution of the figure’s design in comparison with the show model.
    If he doesn’t come out looking as excellent as his first painted prototype then there’s gonna be a lot of broken hearts around here.
    There’s no way I could possibly settle for a uniform bland purple paint job after I’ve seen the miracle of what could be achieved using that print technology.
    Lucky there’s actually a history of this regarding BW MPs where Primal was originally shown in colour but without using the printed fur so when his final production model was put out it was even more impressive and showed that the paint work with these guys can actually improve as they draw nearer to releasen; unlike with other lines who show their best, hand-painted-by-pros models at the shows and then sell you some amateur grade, blotchy crap.
    I have high hopes the Megatron will look every bit as good upon release as he does at the show.

Regarding price, at this point, I think we’re all reluctantly submitting to the likelihood that he’s gonna be the most expensive MP ever...

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I'm actually really excited because I thought the same thing when we saw Dinobot's painted proto, and he looks just as good in all these recent photos as he did back then.

These BW figures are pretty much entirely painted anyway, so I'm actually confident he'll look just as good if not better.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cyclonus79

Ebay:
    I never said “ no figure should be lager then Optimus “ lol. That would be asinine. All’s I’m saying is it would look awkward to me if BW Megs is taller next to MP Prime ( due to his smaller stature in the show ) That’s all. I understand the scale has nothing to due with the figures I get that there 2 different lines . Believe me I know

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Well, no, you said it was awkward because Optimus is a flagship figure. You didn't mention the actual in-show scale for your reasoning.

So, which is it? Show scale, or Optimus being a "flagship" figure?

• Like Like x 1
  11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Thanks for clarifying your point. The flagship character thing threw me off.
    I understand what you're saying. I suppose that as long as you don't display them on the same shelf you should be golden :) 

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Or just pretend that Optimus is really far away, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Cyclonus79

Ebay:
    Man ? I feel like I’m on trial lol. I clearly need to choose my words more wisely . Or better yet , keep my personal opinions to myself . Anyways , for Optimus being the figure that he is in MP form and the way he was depicted on the show ( extremely large ) it will look awkward to me IF BW Megs turns out to be taller in height . I think I’m beating a dead horse here . I really don’t mean to derail this thread . I was trying to share a personal opinion , and shit went sideways . I’ll shut up now .

• Like Like x 3
  14. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Nah mate, you're not the first and won't be the last to phrase things in a way that gets your point misconstrued. Don't sweat it, tomorrow this will just be yesterday's jam.

Anywho, yeah, him being bigger than Prime is odd but on my BW shelf they'll all look great together.

• Like Like x 4
  15. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

I can understand your pov.

Hopefully MP-44 will fix that height issue

16. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

Opinions are opinions. Don't really know why others got as fed up as they did over yours.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cyclonus79

Ebay:
    Bad choice of words on my part . No harm no foul lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We already have a pretty good idea of his size?
    7BCA3E08-F69B-45E3-B518-73F4D308CFB2.jpeg
    BD407945-F214-4244-87DB-F746B3EA01FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I watched the Radio Free Cybertron podcast tonight, and Chris said that a representative at the show said that the show model's color scheme was not finalized, but it is basically the same as what the final figure's paintjob will be, they're just tweaking it still (I imagine that means that they are still adding stripes).
    Looks to be the same height as MP OP V3:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    He is taller in height, or at least the same height. Which may be a problem for you but would you prefer they were "in scale" to th G1 MPs? Primal would be tiny! Cheetor.. minuscule! I put the words "in scale" in inverted comma as it's a popular belief that when Prime and Megatron appeared in Beast Wars they were made much bigger than they should have been.

The Beast Wars MP are in a seperate scale to the G1 MPs, that's just the way it is. Personally I'm very happy with that as to make them in scale with the G1 MPs would be ludicrous.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with that but this is a discussion thread, people will discuss, agree, disagree etc... If you'd rather not have a conversation maybe it is best you don't post. If you still think its 'wrong' or 'awkward' that's fine, you are entitled to you opinion and no one is denying you that.

I dunno, he looks bigger to me, anyway we don't know the exact height of MP Convoy V3(although we are told he's the same size as MP10) what we do know is the exact height of AAOP and MP Primal who we've seen him displayed with. Based on that he is MP10 height or slightly taller.

• Like Like x 1