MP 42 Diaclone Sunstreaker - Cordon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, May 8, 2018.

1. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember that that picture is only my quick digibash, and it will look a little extra jarring because I had to stick Cordon's head on Sunstreaker's body and then use "Replace Colors" in Photoshop along with the hue/saturation sliders. It might look better on the real thing - I suppose it depends on what you think of the original Diaclone. @Maz has an article on BadCube's Blaze (which uses these colours) which has some photos of the original red Diaclone Sunny here:

Square One: Who is Blaze? (BadCube OTS-Special 01 Sentinel Blaze)

Personally I'm more after this head for Sunstreaker, but I will be down for a red Diaclone too... (And hey, you could always swap Cordon's head onto red Sunstreaker for the all-red look...)

• Like Like x 1
  2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I think what might be jarring about the original Car Robot No. 1 is the fact that people are so accustomed to the yellow head with the yellow body, that seeing it with the red body comes off as wrong.

I'm looking forward to whenever they do him. But does take a little to get used to.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Not that much more jarring that the red shins on Tigertrack, really. I quite like the contrast, and at the same time it's not green or blue - it's still a 'warm' colour that goes with red.

Maybe red Sunstreaker will be the TTS exclusive next year, since we aren't getting an MP there this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What makes you think we aren’t getting a tts exclusive. If I remember correctly loudpedal was announced just a handful of days before that tts. And then was released within 21 days of reveal. Shortest reveal to release ever. I remember the short time span specifically because I needed to scramble to get funds to pay for it. I thought it would disappear haha. Hasbro Asia saving the day like always.

5. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

Yep, I just went back and checked a little while ago - Loud Pedal was revealed May 21st that year on the third weekend of May. For anyone keeping track, this weekend approaching is the third weekend of May.

I've got my fingers crossed for a black Diaclone Ironhide... but trying to not to get my hopes up.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ambitron

News Credits:
    Interesting. I just checked and it seems Loudpedal was first shown in Figure King magazine, so fingers crossed there is a reveal in Figure King 244 out later this month...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ambitron

News Credits:
    I think those new detailed shin pieces will go a long way to helping Sunstreaker fit in with the aesthetics of his brother (for those less sold on the over-simplified look):

side+sunny-mockup.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Thats almost all i'd be asking to reduce my 'its too toony' wails! Just a little sculpted detail here and there. And to keep the real world car alt modes fully real world.

I also have been wondering if some company might reproduce the shins/guns/head for a proper yellow streaker at somepoint.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Only said it 'cause the mock-up digibash missed redding out the flat raised bit on the shoulders. That really should be red even on the toy-yellow Sunny, just for nostalgia sake, and definitely on the red Sunny.

10. ambitron

News Credits:
    Here you go. I'm assuming that the red will just be paint on the front of the shoulders to match the original toy's stickers. (I've also added some more black where it is likely to occur.)

sunny_toy_version.jpg

red_sunny_mockup-1.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

In fairness, actually seeing it, it would be hilariously appropriate if red Sunny had yellow shoulders. And the fan-rage would be oh so epic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing pictures of Yellow Sunstreaker with the detailed shins and the G1 toy head actually makes me sad because I wish TT had released MP-39 that way to begin with. That and the black stripe that runs along the bottom of the front fenders and doors. It makes me want an MP-39+ more than ever now with:

- G1 Toy heads - 1 with blue eyes, 1 with yellow eyes with expressions, too
    - G1 Toy detailed shins
    - Smoked gray tint windows that would match with MP-12 Sideswipe (not blue!)
    - G1 Toy black stripe on the bottom of the doors and front fenders/bumper
    - G1 missile/gun that comes with Cordon
    - G1 Autobot faction symbol (not toon!) that's also smaller

I swear I will buy 3 of these! Same goes for the red repaint. Sun streaker was my first TF, and I have a soft spot for him.

And for all those asking where is Deep Cover? Well, he's in deep cover. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  13. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Oh yes! That's the Sunstreaker I want, just with blue eyes instead of yellow... Nice work amibtron! And I'm in full agreement with Sportimus: I'd replace my regular MP-39 with that beauty in a heartbeat...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Oh crap, that will be another repaint I spend on. They truely know how to milk the mold.

15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Unlike some of the 360 images, the ones for Cordon are quite high-res, here they all are for his robot mode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't know what it is about a black-and-white colour scheme with hints of red that looks so good, but damn.

Apparently Cordon's bio hints that he's a previous well-known Decepticon who was imprisoned or redeemed himself or some such backstory. Still waiting on a more accurate translation.

• Like Like x 11
  16. ambitron

News Credits:
    Stunning! And that face sculpt just looks better each time I see it - love it. I also love how they didn't bother to touch up the Sunstreaker yellow showing underneath the rear knee joints. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

Cordon certainly is one fine looking MP!

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! I think it's these bios that really gets me all tingly for these Diaclone repaints. While I would prefer they left off the faction symbols and left it to the buyer to decide to apply them or not, there's this sense that these are old, unknown G1 characters that are getting added to the beginning of the mythos rather than the end, and that makes them very special to me.

• Like Like x 8
  19. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    With the deception background maybe he’ll have stickers for both factions.

Also, really hope the designers don’t paint the joints where the paint rubs off. That’s my only nitpick in Sunstreaker. Too much paint lol. I’d rather less in high friction areas like the joints and hands.

• Like Like x 2
  20. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

So no amazon japan pre orders yet??? Thanksss