MP 42 Diaclone Sunstreaker - Cordon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, May 8, 2018.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Don’t like the color combinations for them really.

2. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

Hmm, wondering if I wait it out and hope Amazon JP makes him available for international shipping at some point. They've been really flaky in recent months, but I regret overpaying for Artfire when I could have got him much cheaper had I waited for him to become available on AJP.

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Why in the Holy F are they releasing the missile hand with this repaint?!?!

Money Hungry Bastards!

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where do you see it has the missile hands?

Also it does have the rear alt mode gun. Not sure if the MP Sunstreaker had that??
    [​IMG]

5. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was confirmed in the image posted here.

MP Sunstreaker does indeed have that gun (an homage to More Than Meets the Eye).

6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for the info, and PO'd. Should still be 12-15 dollars cheaper than BBTS (I don't count shipping as I always ship every 3 months with a PoL)

7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with their preorder method, do they set a date for payment in advance? on release? on ship?

8. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

when you preorder with them you can use the "pay later" option wich allows you to more or less wait the item release to pay: usually a week before the release date they send you an email requesting you to pay before a certain date (usually a few days before release)
    hope i'm clear

p.s.: if you're in the EU like me remeber to ask them to mark the item as gift or low money value, it will help a lot to avoid custom fees (it helped me, at least...)

9. ambitron

News Credits:
    One more mockup, purely because I cannot wait for Cordon to donate his head and shins to Sunny (although I'll have a second Cordon to be displayed with Clampdown):

ss-mockup-kneeling.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Wow. Then yeah that's foul on the part of Takara. Including an extra pair of missile hands for MP Suntreaker would be a cash grab move by Takara but if there isn't an extra set for Sunstreaker then yes, it would be an egregious cash grab.

11. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

He's sold out on CDJapan which leads me to believe that some people may be right about the limited production numbers. Normally it takes CDJapan at least a week to sell out of TF MP figures. Got the 2nd to last one this morning at 11250 Yen.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Is it up for PO on Amazon Japan and if so how much?

13. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes...but no global shipping yet.

14. franpincho

franpincho Well-Known Member

Waiting on global shipping to be enabled. It happened before with other MP's that later became available for it.

15. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'm gonna pass on Cordon, ultimately. Your photoshops are awesome, and definitely something I want to see, but I think I'll be happier holding out for red Sunstreaker. He should come with yellow ears (and hopefully yellow eyes) so I won't need to paint him, meaning I can just swap things over when I feel like it. Ok, there will be a tiny strip of red on his shins, but that's easier to work around.

Hope red Sunstreaker comes with the chromed up sidearm as well as the hand-launcher.

Ah Tigertrack's yellow has to be seen in person to truly appreciate :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  16. ambitron

News Credits:
    Yeah, in that regard, Cordon is a very expensive way of providing Sunstreaker with a second head because it needs painting. Hopefully they'll release a red Sunstreaker too, but the Diaclone repaints are intermittent and far from comprehensive, so there's no guarantee, which means I'm going to grab Cordon just in case as I don't want to risk missing out on that great head sculpt. (I really want a red Sunstreaker to put next to TigerTrack, the same as you, though.) Annoyingly it means I have to buy two, because I actually really like Cordon too, dammit.

Given that they have gone to the effort of creating those extra parts, though, it does seem a fairly safe bet that they will want to reuse them, either for red Sunstreaker, toy Sunstreaker, or both... (Of course, just to be completely random, they'll probably make red Sunstreaker a Decepticon and give him red eyes. :)  )

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Contains nuts

News Credits:
    It's a bit of a gamble, they may not use this head again.

18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha quite possibly. As long as they don't go the MP-21R route and just paint MP-39 in red and keep everything else exactly the same!

Cordon looks great, and the face is fantastic (@Gamerlingual will come round eventually ;) ), but it's actually made me appreciate just how good Sunstreaker looks. Even the smooth shins, the big chin (compared to Cordon's kinda tiny chin), he captures the cartoon damn nicely. It's really fantastic to have these options, and I hope MP-36+ sells so well that Takara consider keeping up the toy-accurate releases.

I've already got what I want for Grapple and Tracks between parts stolen from Artfire and Loud Pedal, but I definitely wouldn't say no to a toy-accurate Hot Rod, as I expected MP-40 to be. And I sure as hell would be down for a V3 Optimus Prime painted in toy colours, with a toy accurate head-sculpt ala 36+.

Nah, now that they've given us CR-03, it's time we got CR-01 - and CR-02! (red Sunstreaker and black Ironhide respectively)

After all, red Sunstreaker was the first ever Diaclone, they've got to get that homage completely right.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ambitron

News Credits:
    Part of the reason I'm looking forward to replacing MP-39's head with MP-42's is that I was disappointed with the face sculpt, and I actually don't think it captures the cartoon that well. The eyes are completely the wrong shape and nowhere in the cartoon did Sunstreaker have that Jimmy Hill chin! :)  It's not as bad in hand as in pictures, but if it had captured the cartoon I think I'd be a lot happier. Takara are really hit-and-miss with their head sculpts, though: for every Megatron, Prowl and Ironhide you have a Bumblebee and Sunstreaker...

20. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been pretty amicable to MPs becoming more toon-accurate, but damn do I wish I could have dressed up my MP Sunstreaker with that head, gun and shins...