MP-40 Hot Rodimus with targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Russ840

Russ840 Autobot Targetmaster

To each his own.

Here is my 2 cents.

It is just business for Takara to get some more life out of a Mold that is pre existing. As some have said. This type of practice is common for more than just Takara.

There is also other factors that some are not considering.

What if this was never the plan. What if the fact that Fanstoys Hoodlum was shown to be packaged with a targetmaster led Takara to decide this. It’s market competition.

What if they decided that there are fans out there that wanted MP-40 to be released like he is being, that there is a market for this serperate release. I for one am a stickler for accuracy and never wanted MP28 to have a target master seen as he he is made to be a representation of 86’ Movie Hot Rod. I am very glad I am gettin a ‘Rebirth’ accurate targetmaster Hot Rod.

I very much doubt that Takara sat there and said “how about we mug off our fanbase”.

I not sure it’s fair to expect a company like Takara to reveal their upcoming releases so far in advance and further more, their plans for existing Molds. This has never been the rule so far so why expect it here.

We do have to power to not buy these things. If they don’t suit your needs. Don’t buy them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    This.

3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

No anger here. I'm happy I'll have both Toei Hot Rod and AKOM Hot Rod. The Targetmaster is the icing on the cake for me.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Russ840

Now give me G1 toy deco Rodders.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Speaking 6 languages, including Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Will you be getting two of them as well, Dean?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dean ML

Just one. For now at least. I've already got two MP-28s!

• Like Like x 1
  7. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Me too man. I actually would never have known that this deco could have existed, but it’s pretty cool that they went ahead and gave the greenlight to it. A lot of people just think that the execs are trying to come up with as many decos as possible that can separate us from our money? I mean... that’s not very logical. You repaint something too many times and I’m sure somewhere you lose money in that formula. I’m not a very business savvy person even. I’m sure this deco will sell poorly. And I’m also sure that somehow this release is still in ‘love letter to the fans’ territory. It’s not a commercial jab at our rights as consumers, and it’s not some sort of evil ploy to trick us into buying the same figure twice.

But you can’t please everyone. It seems a lot of people just see Takara as a company that’s ‘out to get them’. Whatever. I’m old enough and successful enough to be able to buy whatever I want, so perhaps my glass is perpetually half full.

Umm anyways. Since I live in Korea I’m extremely excited to have a second officially Korean designed (if only the color palette) transformer on my shelf. Now if only I could actually get an official Astro Magnum dammit!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You’re all set. Do you have MP9 or black Rodimus?

9. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh and do you recommend I get two MP40 if I have one MP28?

Best advice I got from you was getting that third MP36 as a display only piece and transforming the other. The 12,800 yen price or $115 USD was a damn steak for Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean ML

I'm with you, @HolyCulture . Someone started a great thread in the Toy forum about how it might be a good idea for some jaded collectors to take a break, either from collecting or from this board. This stuff's supposed to be fun, not a source of anger and frustration.

I had TT MP-09 but sold him last summer. Sometimes I regret it as he sure looked amazing, but I realized I'd barely touched him for over a year after MP-28 arrived. I'd only put him through all his modes once and swore I'd never do it again, plus I started to worry that his springs would eventually start coming out of his ankles if I posed him too much. I also reasoned that they were basically the same character and had hope that we'd get a new Rodimus Prime eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dean ML

Haha - yeah $115 is an unbeatable price for possibly the best TF ever made! Well, the only reason I got a second 28 was because of chrome wear on my first copy and my then 3yo son snapped off his glasses. I saw that 28 was still available for his original price and Futured up that second copy right out of the box.

Judging by the reaction to this AKOM repaint, I think he'll be available for quite some time. I'd stick with one and wait and see on a second. I'm completely confident the chrome issues are a thing of the past, though.

12. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah. Back in Los Angeles, it was other reasons. So it varies. Good to know.

Enjoy the MP40. The colors on this version are charming to say the least. Just looks elegant to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One it is. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs Well-Known Member

You sir... stink... go cry in your pillow

• Like Like x 4
  15. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

IDK. They already have a history of doing repaints to get the most out of their molds. It's possible, but I doubt they never intended to do this repaint.

Everything else you said is spot on, btw. Like you, I don't have a problem with it. If people don't like it, they won't buy it.

16. Russ840

That was just me coming up with over possibilities on the fly. I would say that was a less likely reason.

17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the targetmaster that comes with this the same as the one that came with the hasbro Rodimus Prime? Or is it an entirely new mold?

18. CrossHero

CrossHero Nothing is too weird

What else did we expect from a guy with that kind of sig.
    If you realy want to have TM Hot Rodimus then buy the REAL thing and don´t cheap off by buying a piece of crap.
    I am ok with 3rd. party because they don´t steal someone else engineering but a ko just steals someone else work in which they put effort and not the company that steals it.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same guy. Slightly done up legs and color scheme. So a few changes but basically the same target master as tru one

• Like Like x 2
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks, wasnt sure. i thought i read somewhere that mp-28 couldnt hold that targetmaster very well?