MP-40 Hot Rodimus with targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The painted prototypes used for the photoshoots usually get a pretty thick coat of paint on their faces. The stock photos for Bumblebee and Ironhide also suffered a lot from this. It'll look a lot better on the final production model, just like 28's face.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Russ840

Russ840 Autobot Targetmaster

Can someone explain to me this thing about toon faction insignia and toy. There seems to be some complaints from some about Sunstreakers logo and I have read people say that this release has a toon one as well.

I have no idea what people are on about lol

3. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Big and the shapes are more spaced. Its more obvious on mp-36 vs mp-13.

4. Russ840

Oh. Ok. That really don’t bother me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. LipSmack

LipSmack Well-Known Member

That first image looks exctly like tge movie Lockdown, wonder if that was intentional or not

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The only only places full-on toon insignia have been used afaik in the MP line have been with Red Alert+, Inferno's optional cartoon chest plate, Shockwave's optional insignia stickers, and Megatron. However, the insignia they've used on Sideswipe+, Sunstreaker, Targetmaster Hot Rod, and even Grapple's optional cartoon chest plate is a compromise, where the only real difference between it and the og insignia is that the head crest flares out a bit. That's really it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Russ840

Come on the pictures.

8. blazemongr

blazemongr Active Member

Not my fetish, but hey, you do you.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    lol . Dear god ....

• Like Like x 5
  10. Russ840

Lol. Not what I meant but ..... I like the humour

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really like the toon insignia they used on 14+ and Inferno. I'm probably the only one that would love that same style logo on my Ironhide and 12+ :lol 
    I would fully hope/expect V3 Prime to have that option, as well as a regular insignia.

The difference between 40's logo and 28's is so tiny that it really doesn't bother me. Wish I could say the same for the Decepticon ones - it's one of the reasons why I wanted a 13+ so badly.

Has MP-40's deco really grown on anyone else? The deeper red colour really does it for me. And I quite like the effect on his shins too. I wonder if it would be hard to remove the white on his crotch-plate, that's about the only thing I would change.
    I also wonder how he would look with some actual G1 Hot Rod stickers, maybe cut to fit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Russ840

Im loving te Deco, including the white window bits on his knickers.

I like my figures to be as close to animation as possible so he looks awesome to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I was thinking about maybe getting a MP-40 so that my MP-28 can chill with my carbots instead of being my stand-in Rodimus Prime for my Classics display. So MP-40 would take his current place. But what if we might get a real cool Voyager Rodimus Prime one day? Then I have two of the same MPs with slightly different decos... Hm or one of them gets put into alt mode... Ah, I dunno...

14. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    He was only drawn like this in a few episodes, but yes, the deco is nice. I did not like it much at first, but it has grown on me. Especially after re-watching some of the AKOM episodes a while ago.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    "I don't like this deco... better watch some episodes to make sure.... oh it's not that bad at all"

your attitude should be applauded. You don't like something. you don't bitch and moan about it. You research a little to be sure. You're probably a rather open-minded and intellectual individual. Good on you.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Dean ML

Yes, dude, I love the full toon insignia on Red Alert+ and Inferno's toon plate! Really wish they'd stuck with it, but I'm more than fine with what they're using now.

And yes, I'm digging this deco. Only thing missing are the bits on the sides of his hips should be white. Weird that they're not as they're molded in. Can't wait to see what the tolerances on this guy are like and see if the paint coverage is more extensive than 28's.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm totally there with you, I'm a cartoon accurate freak, except when it comes to characters who weren't in the episodes I had on VHS, but I had the toy of. Pretty weird rule haha. That's why my Tracks has Loud Pedal's head and gun, my Grapple has Artfire's head, and I personally would have loved a toy-accurate Hot Rod.

Still, I'm happy with a lot of things on this release. Honestly, if I showed this figure to my 5 year old self, all he'd care about is that it comes with Firebolt.

I like the darker red, I like the unpainted arm vents, I like the shins as they remind me of the silver shin stickers. I'd like blue windows, but all I'll probably do is paint Firebolt's face red and leave Hot Rod untouched for a while.

It happens sometimes, there's a tiny bit of paint that should be present on Delta Magnus at the bottom of his upside down triangle, and it's moulded in so it wouldn't have been so hard to do, but it's unpainted.

Hope they paint MP-40's biceps, that little strip of bare plastic was probably my only quibble with 28's deco.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean ML

Yeah, that unpainted piece is just one of the few weird choices made with that figure. The big black exposed screws on the top of the wrists is another... I could go on and on but I dig his positives so much that he still manages to be a favorite of mine! Hopefully this release's joints will all be nice and tight and devoid of any chrome issues so that more fans will appreciate all the cool things this figure has going for it :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Russ840

I would be all over a toy deco Rodders.

Im easy to please when it comes to getting a these things. I just appreciate I am alive when these toys are be released and I'm fortunate enough to have them if I want them.

If I could realistically change anything about MP-40 it would be to have the windows on the side knickers and to remove the Visor ( as he didn’t use it in Rebirth ) and give him some alternate faces. He is a release with his own No. so a tiny bit of remolding isn’t unheard of.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 11
    • News Credit News Credit x 1