MP-40 Hot Rodimus with targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I am caving for this guy... I only collect the bots which appeared in the cartoon and since I already have MP-28 and MP-40 only appeared in a few episodes, I did not want to get him... But now... I want MP-40. :D 

Cannot pre-order him anymore at AE or at NY... Amazon Japan does not seem to have him at all... Anyone know a place in Japan where I can still import him from?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-トラン...?ie=UTF8&qid=1515664042&sr=8-1&keywords=MP-40

:) 

Don't know if they ship outside of Japan though. If they don't, AmiAmi and HLJ also have it:

Transformers Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus[Takara Tomy]

Transformers Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you very much for the Amazon Japan link! I know now why I did not see MP-40 listed on there earlier; I was including Hot Rodimus in the search instead of just MP-40. D'oh! HLJ marks its packages and they declare true value, so they are bound to get intercepted by customs, adding quite some money to the total price, so they are unfortunately not an option. I do not know how AmiAmi packages their items... Going through the order pages at Amazon Japan at the moment, trying to find out what the total will be including customs there... Guess I will have to pay for customs no matter what, so I prefer to use Amazon Japan.

/edit
    Ordered him for 10135 Yen in total from Amazon Japan, so including import fees and taxes. Not too bad. Thanks again @Darkstone!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the figure a lot once you get it! :) 

5. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Apologies, I haven't been following this thread....but what's up with the red coloring on the legs? What does that reference?

6. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    MP-40 is based on the episodes that AKOM animated, a South Korean animation studio. They used older, outdated designs for certain characters, such as for Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime.

/edit
    Found this image which clearly explains it too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    The one on the right is also known as "Fruit of the Loom Hotrod"

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Harpoon Accurate

Thinking about painting the spare MP Off-Shoot I have to pair it up with my MP-28. Wonder how much I'd need to mod the MP-28 engine block for it to attach.

9. Russ840

Russ840 Autobot Targetmaster

So am I right I’m saying that this Hot Rod is our first Masterpiece of a season 3/4 Bot?

Seeing as Magnus and MP-28 are movie characters and this hot rod is Toon Accurate and not Movie accurate like MP28

• Like Like x 3
  10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yes, guess you are right @Russ840. Had not thought of it like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, particularly Season 4 accurate. You could say that this is how Hot Rod looks after being Rodimus Prime (the matrix decided to change his deco when it left him).
    Did he lose the matrix and revert to Hot Rod at any point in S3? If so, it's accurate to that as long as it was an AKOM episode.
    Magnus may have been introduced in the movie but he's still an S3/S4 character, and his deco remains the same even in AKOM episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Russ840

In Dark Awakening he reverts to hot rod and I’m sure that’s a AKOM episode and that it’s the first time we see hot rod after the movie.

SAM. I always used the matrix leaving him a explaination for his muted colours after the movie. I always used this also as my explaination for his inflated stats as Movie hot rod and the drop after he looses the matrix. The way I see it is that the Matrix was pre preparing him for ascension to Primehood. After he serves his purpose, he reverts to the level he should naturally be.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That makes sense. There's even a really short comic that ties in with that theory. Set before the movie, most of the Autobots are out on a mission to Cybertron rescuing comrades and Hot Rod is left behind on Earth to guard the matrix. Soundwave attacks and Hot Rod ends up briefly touching the matrix, later telling Optimus that it 'spoke' to him. That could very well be the moment where it 'upped' his stats, if you want to include it in your head canon :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yes, Dark Awakening was AKOM, but he also reverted to Hot Rod in The Burden Hardest to Bear, which was animated by Toei. It wasn't Toei's finest effort (had some nice bits, but not as good as eps like Webworld, Dweller in the Depths, Money is Everything, et al), but Hot Rod was colored like he was in The Movie.

The Japanese Headmasters was also Toei and the character started off as Hot Rod there (picking up from the s3 finale The Return of Optimus Prime and ignoring The Rebirth) before eventually reverting back to Rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Russ840

I remember that comic. Drawn by Nick Roche if I remember correctly.

That would fit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Mine, too.

17. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool to know. I really must get around to watching S3 one day, I've been putting it off for too long.

I guess we can just fit this AKOM Hot Rod into our head canon however we want.

:thumb 

I need to find the funds to pick this release up. Although I feel like it's not exactly gonna sell out in a hurry, it might even end up featuring in one of HLJ's sales.

Having said that, I'm still on such a high from the new release Sunstreaker that I don't feel like I'll need a new MP fix really soon, but who knows how I'll feel at the end of Feb. I never really got to enjoy MP-28, was always worried about his chrome and he was completely overshadowed by Ironhide, then Shockwave, then I started easing out of the MP game for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Russ840

I really am looking forward to this guy. I can’t wait to have him in hand to see how different MP-28 and 40 look next to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To get you hyped:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Is it just me or does the face sculpt look different? I got this guy on preorder.