MP 4 Optimus Prime vs MP 10 Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nova_prime12, Jun 29, 2011.

1. nova_prime12

nova_prime12 Member

Hypothetically, if Masterpiece 4 Optimus Prime(complete edition convoy) was the same price as Masterpiece 10 Convoy, which would you get and why

2. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

MP-10, I just recently sold my MP-04 (Though I still have an MP-01 I'm keeping to go along with my Megatron which I display seperately from my other MP and Alt/BT figures)...I just like the look in truck mode better and I feel the figure is more in scale with the other MPs like Rodimus and Grimlock as well as the Alternators.

3. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can see how he'd be more in scale with the new mp molds but alt/ bt? I mean they fit inside the trailer of mp04.

4. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

made my decision on this. i'm getting MP10. both 10 and 4 are equally good. MP10 only wins in alt mode.

dunno if MP10 will be perfect scale to classics alt mode and maybe just maybe alternity.

here's my MP04

[​IMG]

also mp10 would fit in perfectly on display like this.

[​IMG]

yeah both. for prime collectors like myself they are a must have.

5. nova_prime12

nova_prime12 Member

Masterpiece 10, definitely looks better in vehicle mode, but what about robot mode? it's hard to really pick for me. Some elements i like in the new mold, but the original is also really good.

6. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I still like MP-04 better. MP-10 will definitely be an addition to my collection.

7. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

if i didn't have any of em', i'd buy both of em'. i'd start with MP10 then hope to see MP04 drop to its original price.

8. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good luck with that!

In the words of Charlton Heston - "...from my cold dead hands"

9. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I don't care about alt modes since I never display them that way, so the original MP mold wins my vote.

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

MP-10. I hate the old mp prime.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    They are both good in their own right.. mp01 or the mp01L that i have looks awesome in robot mode there is just no getting around it that it will always be the holy grail to me! and i still have not transformed it :lol  mp10 i have got to get because the truck mode is awesome and will look really good next to the mp01L statue and the truck mode being smaller means it will definatley fit on the shelf with the other convoy..i dont think the bot mode is all that bad only thing that bothers me is the gun and the shape of the feet but the shape of the feet means it will never topple over and make it more posable which can only be good

12. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MP1/MP4 is the one for me. I'm not a scale whore, so I'm perfectly fine with MP prime being larger scale then the rest of them. I'll get the mp10 mold if they eventually do some kind of MP10+powermaster armor or something down the line, that would be cool to have. But for the basic truck/trailer I'm sticking to the original.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I do not have the MP-04 but i do have the mold in the form of MP-02 and i like it. Its awesome in robot mode but i think vehicle mode has some flaws. I thinkl MP-10 based on the images seen has a better truck mode. Plus i think it would be great to have a MP Prime in scale with the others besides igears knock off. Plus the human alliance aspect with daniel is an awesome touch.

14. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I prefer the MP-04 robot mode. It looks less like Energon Prime.

15. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

hi this is my first post im a new member here, i have 20th battle damaged prime and mp4, i love them both cant fault them but i really love the new one he is my dream come true they finaly got his eyes right and now his character looks powerfull but gentle behind the mask, ads that mystery to him, here are some close up pics i blew up from images i found on here, there differnt to the ones most of us see, its undoubtebly the best prime head yet at least. heres the link ‪NEW MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME CONVOY MP-10‬‏ - YouTube

16. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Why don't we wait and see when MP-10 is released? Remember all the hype surrounding MP Rodimus, only for him to turn out ridden with poor quality?

17. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

true i bought the mp rodimus and this was a holy grail for me at last a hot rod that looks right pink and with grey legs awsome, but god is he hard to trans form, he dont hold together to great, and the foot spring is screwed on mine after first transformation sad to say hes a bit of a statue and i still love him but i may use my model making skills and try to improve him. i have a feeling this prime mp10 will be kicking ass and looks on par with grimlock to me seems to have a similar asthetic so hopefully was desighned by the same guy, check out my close up picks on my vid of mp-10
    ‪NEW MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS PRIME CONVOY MP-10‬‏ - YouTube

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm planning on getting the -hopefully- inevitable Hasbro MP-10. I don't care if he has less paintapps or shorter smokestacks or whatever; he'll be my first masterpiece Prime.

To me, this mold looks way better than the first MP Prime in both forms in terms of design.

19. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

good on ya, same as me when i bought my 20th aniversary battle damaged hasbro prime, it what got me into transformers again, i saw it on ebay my jaw fell and ai drooled, even though hes got the small stack i really love him and he gets played with and my mp4 displayed, actually the quality of the hasbro is better than my takara, the takara has glue on one first paint missing on a badly fitted door hinge and a stuborn leg, hasbro is perfect.

20. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016