MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Transformers: Mememaster

News Credits:
    Who the hell's put a camera in my room?! :mad: 

• Like Like x 13
  2. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Looks exactly how I envision ALL of you, :lol 

OK, OK... 90% of you...

• Like Like x 12
  3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I'm so angry that TT is asking $120 for this new MP!. RAAAAAAGE!!!"

MP Sunstreaker won't be out until around 4Q, the price may drop once everything is finalized. Even if it doesn't, that's the price of admission each of us has to decide whether it's worth it or not. For me, it is.

"MP-36 has a backpack and a butt-flap! More RAAAAAAAGE!!!!!"

Well, what can I say, when you have a chest/torso formed from faux parts, the real roof and windshield have to go somewhere else on the robot. As does the center portion of the trunk in order to make the feet narrow. You can't have it both ways. Considering this was necessary, TT did a pretty nice job in at least keeping it clean. And the butt flat is not that bad. Sun streaker covers his ass in more ways than one. ;) 

With regards to how clean Spinout's back is, that's because that 3P Sunstreaker does NOT have a single faux part in him. Every part of him has a purpose in both robot and bot form. If Omnigonix had not messed around and let the designer have full reign on the project, Spinout could have been truly a stunning version of Sunstreaker in pretty much every way.

It's too bad TT did not base their design in the same direction as Omni was going for. TT could have come up with an impressive MP Sunstreaker with no backpack as they would have not used faux parts. But they didn't. Sucks to be me. I am a bit disappointed in that regard. However, what we do have is still a pretty impressive MP Sunstreaker. I'm quite happy with it. Backpack and butt flap and all. Because Sunstreaker is freaking awesome!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Grunt03

Grunt03 Well-Known Member

Everybody used the same placeholder?
    I doubt Streaker will be cheaper, but who knows ? I'm sti
    Well Sunsurge has a "backpack because he needs to store the real windshield back there. Spinout is a simple figure with less parts. And For mp36 I'm not mad at his pack at least the top half is just like the too with the black base in the middle of his back.
    With all his moving parts it has to be stored somewhere. It's not like the cartoon where certain parts disappear when they transform into robots.

5. Grunt03

I agree ! Some of these dudes on here act so immature.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
  7. Grunt03

If you are unaware, I will inform you. Sunsurge's rear is CARTOON accurate. I guess you didn't notice that the mp has removable rear lights to look "skeletal " too !

• Like Like x 1
  8. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    DELETED

EDIT: Nevermind, properly re-translated listing info (it's in Chinese after all). Looks like old preorder information for LG-42 that he was rehashing in order to get the preorder listing up as soon as possible.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  9. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    7000 yen almost sounds too cheap...

10. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup it does. 7,000 yen was Road Rage's MSRP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 7thParallel

7thParallel Well-Known Member

That sounds like the right price to me. Add in the 30% discount and there you have it.

Bbts is guessing and covering themselves in case of a Takara increase. The other sites are matching so as to not be caught going too low. None of them know. Many assume bbts knows something. They don't. Preorder went up instantly after the magazine leak. It will drop after the actual price is announced.

If other retailers were smart, they'd offer lower out of the gate to steal business away.

• Like Like x 1
  12. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    i'll add that the big backpack is also the byproduct of having two alt mode rears, with parts that, as you said, have to be stored somewhere.
    big it is, nonetheless i find it cleaner and more organized than the 3p ones

• Like Like x 2
  13. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    I think he was talking about Sunsurge not MP-36.

14. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    It's like looking in the mirror :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    So I just pre-ordered this guy from The Chosen Prime. I had $10 in rewards so that helped a bit with the price. If the price goes down once the "official" price is announced then great.

16. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over this. Sunstreaker's one of my absolute faves. In theory, I would snap up a Masterpiece version in an instant, and the articulation does look amazing. I do feel the whole line is slipping though - I have a spot-on Red Alert, Prowl and Wheeljack, and a Ratchet that it's taken me a while to reconcile myself to, and now Sunny is heading further down the Ironhide/Ratchet path - odd proportions necessitated by an overly slavish Sunbow aesthetic. There really isn't any good justification for the fake chest - when you look at pictures of Omnigonix's Spinout you can see that it's entirely possible to use the actual car parts as long as you aren't trying to emulate a deformed cartoon character.

As a result of that decision, almost nothing of the car mode remains in the robot mode. You've got his feet and that's it - the rest is all made up of bits that are hidden inside the car, while all the car parts are stacked up in the backpack.

Kind of amazing that out of four official Sunstreaker toys over the last decade and a half - Alternators, Classics, Combiner Wars and Masterpiece - not a single one manages to get the two most obvious car features onto the robot. All of the first three leave off the Lambo feet, and now the MS can't be arsed with the chest.

17. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Who set up a secret camera in my man cave! ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please please please do not complain about the chest and bad proportions then compare it to spinout. Thanks.

• Like Like x 9
  19. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Isn't that something that could be said about V2 Megatron though?

• Like Like x 2
  20. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of the complaints are unrealistic to the point of being comical. You want small chest but no fake parts or big backpack? How about offering suggestions on how to achieve that, armchair designers. You've got some pro designers out there from 3P to official who hace yet to come up with the solution. Maybe in 50 years when they figure out how to mass shift...:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.