MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

I'm sort of surprised they haven't made Deep Cover yet. And where does the name "Checkpoint" come from with the Police Sunstreaker? That actually sounds pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Well they call the police "the boys in blue", so they could just call him Bluestrea.... crap.

• Like Like x 4
  3. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

nice updated pics in the OP.

but heh!

TT really luvs them buttflaps for some odd reason...

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    What a great interview with the designer! All the attention to detail about articulation and appeasing both car enthusiasts and toon-accurate fans, awareness of what fans do & don't like when it comes to "fake" parts or partsforming... AND more or less a soft confirmation that Trailbreaker, Hoist and minibots are indeed in the pipeline. That just put the nail in the coffin for me even considering any 3P versions of those guys out of desperation to fill those character gaps.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Holy crap!!! Like Kevin Garnett [​IMG]
    Thanks for that translation! Wow, last week I was feeling kinda down about the MP line, cause of no news of new upcoming molds, and then THIS happens!

Yeah. But I was saying that the vehicle mode side windows are on the legs. image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Checkpoint was the name of the police deco of Energon Rodimus that was in a Sam's Club two pack with a black and white Energon Prowl

Checkpoint (2004) - Autobot - www.tfu.info

Been using that name ever since I saw they named police Red Alert as Clampdown.

7. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

Good thing MP-39 has the butt flap.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just read interview. That's pretty cool roof rotates so that its not completely fake chest.

And, somewhat confirmation of TB and Hoist. I will wait out for those now to see how they look before deciding to go 3P or not.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I don't mind the butt-flap. It's a lot better than Magnus', it just looks like a little armor skirt piece.

I really, really like his feet. I like how they're not too huge from the front, but still retain the Lambo nose details. I like the little heel pieces. And I really like the tires flipped down to form the base of the foot (I like figures that do that, like MP Bumblebee).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Backpack is technically animation accurate

IMG_2607.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down for Hoist and Trailbreaker. I've just been hoping for Jazz, Mirage and Hound for ages, and yes, I'm pretty sure that's it (then again, it's 7am and I've been up all night repairing a thing for a family member, so I can't exactly remember, you know, anything right now).
    Cliffjumper is the one that I keep forgetting but yeah, his vehicle mode is the trouble I'd say. Still, maybe Volkswagen will have a good idea for TakaraTomy - Bumblebee turned out pretty fantastic even though he's not completely cartoon-accurate. The one rear-view mirror that also doesn't fold up in robot mode bothers me though, but it's a minor thing.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but people have different opinions, and I went on to express mine so get over it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. captveg

captveg Well-Known Member

I was out of town this weekend for my Dad's 70th birthday, so I'm late to this party, but man am I excited over this news!

• Like Like x 1
  13. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

My only problem with this release is now they are going to have to reissue Sideswipe with animated proportions and a screen accurate face too, because he looks great with Badcube Sunsurge, but with this new animated version of Sunstreaker he is going to look super out of place.

[​IMG]

Now tell me, when you look at the picture below, don't they match a million times better than then new Sunstreaker from Takara. IMHO, Sideswipe is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Ok, they don't match match a million times better than the new sunstreaker from Takara. People should really stop assuming their opinion is fact, I always thought sideswipe made sunsurge look overly detailed and honestly a bit too small.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I'm with you... I might not have him as my username, but Trailbreaker is the best!

-fun vehicle mode (big bouncy 4x4)
    -unique robot design (black face, square head, one of the few black Autobots)
    -most useful superpower of the Autobot ranks
    -quintessentially 80's aesthetic with the truck decals
    -potbellied, and described in some bios as having low-self-esteem... how can you not feel for him?

Hoist I don't really care much about, but Trailbreaker ranks above Jazz on my "most desired MP" list.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

We don't really know the height of MP39 but I do agree that Sunsurge looks too short next to Lambor and this despite being mostly leg. If anything Omnigonix Spinout matched MP12 the most since he had the similarly toy accurate proportions and the height.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah but I'd rather have new characters. Sunstreaker won't fit into the aesthetic of Masterpiece toys in 2022 as progress in toy design will continue. They redone Optimus Prime, Megatron and Hot Rod but I don't want that to become a habit of theirs.

18. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I don't think it will be ... they seem to be on the track of making them as toon accurate as possible. So I do expect a new Sideswipe to match, or 3rd parties better get to work. LOL

On the bright side they can release a new Red Alert too. More money to make on existing characters. They did it with Prime, Megatron and Starscream. Why not Sideswipe/Red Alert ;) 

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    We haven't even seen a side-by-side of Sunstreaker & Sideswipe, so we don't know yet. But as it is, it won't be difficult for Takara's version to look perfectly fine compared to the undersized glorified Classics looking version with boat feet that you're talking about here.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I don't see what you mean ? But hey , opinions and all that ..
    I'll wait for sideswipes jet judo twin from Takara .
    He looks great and Hopefully will be a little taller then that yellow bot in in your pic .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.