MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sighs* "There's a commotion, I want to avoid it. I don't like confrontation." No thanks.

The 3rd partiers come in and run their mouths and start stuff and the official fans are expected to just sit here and take it? I don't think so.
    Other side of the coin, the official fans come into the 3rd party section and decide to run their mouths as well. Are the 3rd partiers supposed to just sit there and take it? No.

There's a thread for SunSurge, there's a thread for Sunstreaker. Both figures do the same thing, provide you a Masterpiece style Sunstreaker figure. Each side has a different view and a different take on the situation. It's fine to discuss what does and doesn't work on one figure that the other might do better or worse and vice versa. That's perfectly fine for discussion.

When someone comes into the thread with something like "Sunstreaker sucks!" or "SunSurge blows balls!" simply to bring their knuckledragging opinion out as if it was fact and then walk away, it's not cool.

One could excuse such behavior once or twice, but after a certain point, it needs to be addressed and people need to fight back against it. Both sides could ignore and move on if no one was being petty to begin with. These are toys and you look foolish when you attack someone because they chose one brand over another. When someone looks back on your life and see that that's what you've contributed to the world, they won't bury you with compassion and honor, they'll just throw your box of bones in the dirt and carry on with their lives.

Don't be a ball of suck, people. That's what causes hatred.

• Like Like x 15
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2017-8-16_17-18-10.jpeg

And it's always the same usual suspects.

3. franpincho

franpincho Sunbow or fail TFW2005 Supporter

I think TT's Sunstreaker looks amazing.

And I, based on personal experience of actually owing the thing, think that Sunsurge is an abomination. Not a fact, my opinion. It just gets stupid writing "IMO" after every sentence,

If that is enough to ruin your day to the point of writing essays on a toy message board about morals, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Anyways, no new pics?

• Like Like x 1
  5. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

Chip chase for bc sunsurge has leg artriculation ... I think MP39 's chip has none...

6. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Badcubes chip chase is an ugly piece of garbage

7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Is leg articulation something we are looking for in a wheelchair bound character?

Anyway, we are clearly bereft of news when the discussion turns yet again to people who can't separate opinion from fact. Let's hope more news on MP's is coming soon.

8. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I think I can go without leg articulation on a chip figure :) 

As far as people bringing up 3rdparty figures to compare, no problem with it when it's substantiated.
    Just not this my opinion is the only right opinion, or someone who feels that they need to defend their purchase to the point he/she starts to fight others who think otherwise.

It's alright people, we can all think for ourselves and others think otherwise. It's aloud, no one is wrong here for liking what they do.

9. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chip should have leg articulation. He just shouldn't be able to hold it! :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, and I don't want to derail the attention from Sunstreaker too much, but what happened to Chip later in the cartoon series anyway?
    He was quite prominent, and we all know Spike got with Carly and they got Daniel. But what about poor Chip?

Did he ever appear after season 2? Did the Autobots ever give him one of those spacesuits so he could walk again? Did he ever get a partner?
    Did he ever get over the fact that 3.5 diskettes were replaced by cd,s then dvd,s and then removable harddrives?
    Does he know about "the Cloud"?

Some one tell me!

• Like Like x 7
  11. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

:sly: 

uhmm, leg articulation for a character known to have always been in a wheelchair...

:gen069: 

:stick: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is your imagination? Think of the amazing possibilities of a Chip Chase with articulated legs!

- You can pose him on the ground and imagine him saying "Help! I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

- You can lay him on his back and imagine he is taking a nap.

- You can stand him up and imagine "It's a MIRACLE! I can walk again!"

- You can even straighten his legs so that Megatron can hold him in his hand.

AMAZING!

Can't do that with MP Sunstreaker's included Chip figure. ;) 

In any case, MP-39 Sunstreaker himself IS the main event, and that's all that really matters to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe he became a headmaster and is now Action Master Mainframe's head. :D 

On a serious note tho, why don't we have more updates on MP Sunstreaker?!?! :confused: 

14. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What more updates do we need? His release has been delayed by two weeks until the 28th December (which means those who ordered him from AE will have to wait for them to reopen in early 2017 to get him shipped out). He looks fucking awesome, we have great photos of him. The only thing left is maybe some shots of him displayed at some upcoming toy shows, but other than that we're just waiting for this glorious yellow bastard to be released!

I'm not crazy about the MP humans, but I think the little Chip Chase will look cool next to the original G1 Autobots for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  15. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

More pics would be nice. Has there been any of him in alt mode next to Side Swipe's alt mode? Or did I miss them?

16. TylerB

TylerB Slag!

Very much so, I want loose joints too for accuracy

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd prefer those rubbery bendy legs myself...

18. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I bought multiple SunSurge's just for th Chip Chase figures .... highly sought collector's items in a few yrs, just you watch!! :) 

19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I generally toss all the human figures into a junk drawer and forget about them.

Amazon JP is still the only site I've seen that lists a 2 week delay on Sunny. They're also the only ones saying Roddy was moved up to December. I asked HLJ about Roddy and they said he was still a February release.

As I said in another thread, until I see other sites (or Figure King) listing Roddy as a December release, I'm putting zero stock into Amazon JP's listings for Roddy or Sunny.

20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Amazon jp are always the first to get info on release date changes. Once they change a date it's taken up to a few months in the past for the rest to follow suit.