MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

1. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

You can get it for about $102.00 right now at captured prey if you are in their loyalty program. Which is as cheap as I know of from a US retailer.

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    It is highly likely that the figure will go on sale months to years down the line.

3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You think so? Tracks, yes sure. I can understand why he's ended up on sale. Hot Rod, too, what with his chrome issues and not being as impressive as MP-9. Road Rage on sale makes total sense, she's not even a show character. I expect MP-15/16E will most certainly end up on sale in a lot of places, too.

But Sunstreaker? He's Ark crew, sexy alt mode, amazing posability, great paint job, hopefully no QC issues - apart from the price I don't see what could put people off him. I understand Inferno and Grapple ending up on sale at some retailers, they're not exactly top tier characters, but I can imagine Sunstreaker just selling out all over the place. If the Yen continues to fall and he's even more reasonable when he's actually released then there's no chance!

4. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Haven't they all been sold at a reduced price eventually?

5. Prime135

Prime135 "Resistance is not futile" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope, in most cases they go straight from retail to insanely overpriced aftermarket value.

6. franpincho

franpincho Sunbow or fail TFW2005 Supporter

Unlikely. It is always wise to PO way in advance with Official MP's, from reputable JP stores.

7. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Huh... experiences must vary.

8. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Fem-Bot I learned to keep my mouth shut

News Credits:
    I just want this Sunstreaker like yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

Really like the looks of it but i've been checking out Blaze Sentinel. I think I want to see the red next to G2 Sideswipe, and i'm hoping to see a repaint for this MP down the line. This really looks solid, I like the options, and the accessories and drop gun are really nice touches.

10. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We'll 100% be getting both a red option and a police option, without a doubt. When is another story, could be sooner, could be later.

I'd love to pick up a red repaint to go with Tigertrack - technically Tigertrack is what Sunstreaker was supposed to look like, and a Red Sunstreaker is what Sideswipe was meant to look like - before their bios got mixed around. I'd think of them as an alternate universe Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

I wonder what pricing we'd see for the repaints, I imagine less accessories will make them a little cheaper, but maybe not by a lot.

11. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

I like the alternate universe idea! That's the driving theme for my collection plans. Looked up the Diaclone police deco and now i'm imagining he and Sideswipe as Riggs and Murtaugh. I think the white body and red accents would look great next to G2 Sidewipe.

12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I can't count apparently hahaha

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    As a collector that obsessively refuses to use stickers I am curious if the red Streaker will have a faction symbol. We all want to display Spinout and Tigertrack together but if one has a massive symbol and the other doesn't that will look off. i guess it's my problem at the end of the day.

13. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like the sound of that! Just be aware they may end up retconning the police version as a Decepticon so he made end up with a Decepticon tampo on his chest (like Exhaust).

14. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah that could be quite a big difference, hopefully they'll give us the option with Red Sunstreaker but they might not. It might not be too hard to remove the autobot tampos, though, if you don't mind making modifications.

15. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I can't count apparently hahaha

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Haha I'm against putting stickers because that ruins the mint in box aspect. Removing a tampo would mean I've written off the toy as junk and I'm just screwing around with it before throwing it in the trash. There's no way I could do that haha. I'd probably just put a sticker on Tigertrack to fix the problem if I really felt the need. It may not be a big deal anyway. I'm just curious if they'll match the precedent. We will find out sooner than later I bet. I think red will come before the police.

16. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

I'm still not sure i'll ever end up putting stickers on Sideswipe, so while i'd prefer Copseeker to ship without faction symbols (that is more Diaclone accurate, right?) I'm not as concerned with resale value as I am appeasing my own sense of aesthetic. I've never removed tampo before, but I wouldnt mind putting in the work. After practicing on a much less expensive piece of course!

Still, what a beautiful figure.

17. Prime135

Prime135 "Resistance is not futile" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow...the hype for this guy just hit me like a tone of bricks!!! Maybe it's all the other Lamborghini bots about to hit the market, but suddenly I can't wait for sunstreaker!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What kind of company makes the boxes for figures a year in advance? That's filling up all their storage for 12 months with empty boxes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    G2 Sideswipe switched the red and black. It would be cool to see a G2 Sunstreaker that switches the black and yellow. It has no basis though so we will never see it.

I am sure they have more G2 concepts - we have seen Mirage, other Sideswipe concepts, other Dinobot concepts. It would be neat to see some of the others come to light someday. Did they have a Sunstreaker concept? I had heard a rumor a long time ago about an assortment of Mirage, Sunstreaker, and Grapple.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot Meatball Leader - rejects follow me...

News Credits:
    :trolls: 

Don't bite mate. It's unproven, and unverified, at best.