MP-13 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bakushan, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Opened it and I am even happier. Mine looks good no quality issues. Small hairline scratch on the bottom of his feet is all I can find. :) 

2. booster

booster Active Member

its easy! unscrew the head... pop out the entire front half... use small screwdriver to push the plate out from inside... do not pull on the face plate... you might break the 2 holding inserts behind the plate... push on the holding inserts from inside...

ALSO!! do not screw in too tightly... you will spoil the screw threads easily... its really cheap plastic on this soundwave... same goes for the rest of the other screws.... hope this helps... :) 

3. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Got my MP13 a week ago and it's truly my new favorite Masterpiece. Been collecting the line since the beginning so that's saying something.

[​IMG]

4. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pose for Soundwave. Can you post a pic of the whole shelf? Would like to see him next to the other figures please.

5. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

My Soundwave finally got his new guitar in the mail. He's been waiting for like ever! Needless to say, we had a guitar showdown, and; Soundwave Superior!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

6. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    MP collection's split between two countries unfortunately. But I'll repost the pics I posted in the MP appreciation thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Oh wow ^

8. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's one he can actually handle! :D 

Chris

Attached Files:

9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome!

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    love this

11. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

Performance time!

[​IMG]

Lazerbeak works better then Ratbat, the size is better for one.

Chris

p.s. Poor animated Soundwaves, seems the Masterpiece has stolen your toys ;) 

Attached Files:

12. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Unfortunately a lot of MP-13's poses look and are hindered. The fact that he only has one or two clicks of backwards rotation at the hip is a massive disappointment for what is supposed to be a MP figure. Not to mention that pathetic hip joint. Would've been one of the best if those two were fixed.

13. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

One or two clicks of backward rotation is all I have in my hips... The knees are what is supposed to bend backwards otherwise chairs would be really weird looking things ;) 

I don't think I have any of my figures with the hips bent back unless it was required to balance them due to weight... It just looks unnatural.

Chris

P.S. Actually.. Show me some poses of other figures where bending the leg backwards at the hip look good on anything but chicken legged bots. Any Figure. I am guessing that unless the figure is completely non-bipedal or just bizarre most will look painful.

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Very cool!!! Now I'm glad I haven't yet been able to sell my own Animated Soundwave! Going to have to try this (and I need to break out WST Soundwave as well).

I just don't understand this, and think it's definitely one of the dumber more ignorant criticisms of MP-13 I've seen. Like CLM mentions, a backwards range for legs from the hip is just not natural, and most certainly does not allow for any more natural poses. Even gymnasts can't actually move their legs back from their hips to perform the splits: the flexibilty that allows them to do that is in their lower back, above the hips. I'd almost get it if the complaints were about his back not allowing for back/front movement (Like GI Joe figures). Soundwave's range of movement in his legs is absolutely perfect: that one click he gets is all he needs.

Oh well, there's just no pleasing some people.

15. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Very cool display - now, I have to restrain myself not to hunt for MIB G1 predecessors of my Masterpieces.

As an off-topic side note: How satisfied are you with the conehead seekers compared to the old and new Takara Starscream mold?

16. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

If the Coneheads had the MP11 heel spurs with no other change they would be perfect. I can only get them to stand by not sliding their rear fins all the way up their legs. Now if I could find a heel spur that clipped onto the jet exhaust nozzles then that would work as well :) 

Chris

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    What's ignorant about my post? I have the figure, I don't like his hip movement. Agree to disagree. Oh, I guess you haven't seen much gymnastics, have you seen them touch the back of their head with their feet ;) 

I should have added that I would like to have seen a few more clicks of rotation added to make it better whilst at the same time making the hip joint much stronger.

18. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, it wasn't meant as a personal attack, because this has been a criticism quite a few people have mentioned. Still, I just can't agree with them. I know robots should be able to pull off more positions than any human, but if you are talking about natural-looking poses then backwards leg movement is not needed. Yes, I have seen gymnast touch the back of their head with their feet, and I stand by what I mentioned earlier: their flexibility comes mostly from their back, not their hips. Just Google images for 'gymnast' and you'll see exactly what I mean (BTW, doing that might be considered slightly NSFW).

19. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I found heel spurs! Now the coneheads can be perfect! :D 

MP Jet Dude Heel Extension by VF5SS on Shapeways

Chris

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I'm gonna have MP-15 before TFsource manages to get the 2nd shipment of soundwave, that is gonna be such a tease :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.