MP-13 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bakushan, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. Yeah, seeing all of these pics posted online didn't help my trying to resist him either. Honestly though, this has to be the definitive version of G1 Soundwave. I don't know how he could be made any better than he is with MP:13. Best part, I won't be worried about being tempted of selling him like I mistakenly did with my Masterpiece Grimlock a couple of years ago since Ebay sucks now for sellers. Man, how I wish I had that Masterpiece Grimlock again. I don't know if I can swing 300-400 dollars on a single toy though. At least I was able to get Soundwave now since it was a 'now or never' situation and I had my tax return. I just know this guy will jump up to the 300+ dollar range in a couple of years since he is one of the most popular Transformers. :D 

2. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Welcome to the club, Not just the Mp-13 club but the I gotta have it now club. LOL We as collectors have all done this so dont feel bad at all. That Figure is worth 250$ and is one of your finest in your collection.

Thats what I say about the figures I have done this with.

Hell Im still looking at the Starscream thats going for 230$ now, I want to wait to see if there is a US release but I might break down.

3. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    HAHAHA what a difference 24hrs can make!!
    The monies spent now so forget about it and enjoy MP-13.
    You know now you've spent more than ever before on a TF you have opened up the floodgates on your spending limit........its a slippery slope:lol 

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

[​IMG]

5. stevil33

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ravage....eject.

*edit: Laserbeak eject:redface2: 

[​IMG]

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh I am so guilty of this and I am one of the strong ones. After trying to score the SDCC Bruticus for a week online and failing I bit on a $275 shipped price. He is currently much lower and may never see that price again (he may is a cool add on set is made) but what is done is done and I just need to forget about the price.

I think a MP Soundwave at $250 is still a great price to pay and you will have none of the "holy fuck how much did I just spend" thoughts going through your head like I did.

Gorgeous picture but it seems like Ravage got stuck behind Laserbeak. lol

7. stevil33

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    HAHAHAHA......I'm a fool of a took.
    Picture edited!!!

8. Rodini Prime

Rodini Prime Sgt Straus

Hi. My name is Rod and I'm a Transfomer-Aholic.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The silver buttons on my Soundwave are already getting worn out. Paint can't fix it can it?

10. toymachine

toymachine Well-Known Member

My Soundwave’s faceplate needs a slight touch up, I bought a silver paint pen but it's to light.

I've searched the forum, but haven't found any mention of the shade of paint or whether it would be matt or semi gloss etc.

Has anyone touched up his silver paint?

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Can anyone tell me what kind of paint is used for the buttons on Masterpiece Soundwave?

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

That's chrome. You could completely strip it off and paint the parts in like a shiny silver, but it wouldn't match the original chrome. Not to mention it potentially being a disaster in the waiting, especially with regard to the eject button.

13. Magnus406

Magnus406 Decepticreep

Tamiya - XF-16 Flat Aluminum

14. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
  15. toymachine

toymachine Well-Known Member

I'd considered that might be the one to go for, but was not !00%.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks.

16. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

I am a happy owner of MP-13 Soundwave as of last weekend. Looking through the (japanese) manual and the extra sheet of paper provided with the instructions, there seems to be a lot space reserved for describing the triple-cassette storage feature. Since I don't want to break anything, I was wondering whether someone in here can read Japanese well enough to tell, whether there are any non-obvious or caution remarks in there. I am especially interested in the extra sheet and the picture in which Soundwave is held facing upwards.

17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Goddamn unbelievable! stayed at my mums last night as my parcel was supposed to be delivered today ( originally my mums address as was supposed to be a chrimbo present ) waited until 3pm still nothing checked the tracking and it still said being held even though i paid the charges friday and was told it would be delivered today so i phoned parcel force and they had not even put it into the system to be delivered today!! :banghead:  that will be 21 days this has been in the uk tomorrow :banghead:  ...day wasted :( 

18. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Got my Soundwave today and was surprised at the sheer size of the box. Since time immemorial Japan has always had smaller boxes so I wonder why they didn't package him in cassette deck form. It's geared to adult collectors so it's not like no one would buy the damned thing if we didn't see a cool robot through the window.

The figure itself is awesome, though I'm a little disappointed at the lack of diecast metal (except the feet of course). But if it helps keep costs down, fine. I guiess that's the new trend for MP. The posability is amazing of course, and it took me a few minutes to figure out that I could fit three casettes in his chest, and adjust that between 1-3 tapes. Awesome! And I love his alternate form, and the transformation to get there was very good and not too over-complicated (of course, the fact his alternate form's a brick has something to do with that).

The accessories are great, from his weapons, to the energon cube and the extra scanner (but even though I'll probably never do it, the fact I would have to cut the sheets out of the instruction booklet is a little lame).

Laserbeak is great, and I love how they incorporated the jets on his back into his transformation.

But as soon as I put it into the typical eject pose, the index finger fell off. And his legs were stiff enough to the point I thought I might break them, but I guess it's better than being too loose.

Anyways, great figure and I can't wait for the next wave in the summer.

19. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    Really pissed off right now. Ordered from beta toys during preorder and still has not shipped. They have no phone number listed and have not responded to my emails. Thinking of doing cc charge back at this point. Saving a few bucks has seriously backfired.

20. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

So just got my email replied from rk about my missing index finger straight out of the package. They'll either give me 5% back or return the figure at my cost. Yet I heard someone got a replacement soundwave head from tfsource. That'll be the last time I order from rk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.