MP-11 sucks.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Asp, Oct 12, 2017.

1. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

compared too molds like Mp-10 and Mp-13 it doesn't have their articulation, but as a standalone figure I find the mold quite fun.

Also if you have Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker they look dope together.

2. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun TFW2005 Supporter

You should look into the BB7 versions of the seekers. They are better quality.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Love it and all its incarnations. They keep cranking em out, I'll keep buying them. Only gripe is the pointy tip on the tailfin. Without trying I have had way too many close calls with those things. Sure it is fidgety, but I don't transform any of my figures once they are where I want em. Give me Hasbro versions of the cones and I will be a happy man with 20+ MP-03/11s. The improvements on 11 make it fine for me. Just wish they all came with flight stands (still need to pick up some KOs of those).

4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really can't explain why but the OS Starscream from Robot Hero makes the MP-11 mould so much better. It's like it was always meant to be that size but they scaled it down and it became fiddly. I was sceptical but bought one and then had to own all 3. Now I've got my MP-03, MP-06 and MP-07 on eBay with no regrets.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Active Member

Get yourself a Robot Hero MP-11. Yes it's a KO but it is one of the best quality MP style figures I have ever had. it looks great and handles great and it's about half the price of the official ;) 

6. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

For me, I absolutely hate Tracks in bot mode. It looks nothing like how he looks in the too and seems like an anime version or something. He stays in car mode 100% of the time.

7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Ttruth be told, I quite like the MP seeker mould. It's a safety buy: I know what I get and in general I like what I get (hence why the Coneheads were such a letdown). Articulation isn't that great, but I don't really super pose my figures so I can live with it (not that I should, of course). But I like the details, the alt- and robotmode, the creation of what looks like a realistic Transformer (opposed to the current cartoon esthetics where the robotmode is too smooth) and I even like transforming them (although the MP-11 can be a bit tight in some areas).

But despite me liking it, I'm not blind to its shortcomings.

You know, I have way too many of the MP seekers (the three Coneheads and five version of the regular MP-11 mould; plus three of the MP-03 and two iGears', and I used to have more). Only once did I have the issue of a MP-11 wing popping out.

Not saying it's you or that you did something wrong (man-handling it), but it's not a case of it happening to every version or even the majority of the MP-11 figures. Skywarp was described as being a lot tighter in many ways -- the Coneheads the opposite, sadly. And I only read you having this issue with Starscream not you Thundercracker.

Yep, it was an intentional design choice to prevent the wing hinges from stressing and breaking, as happened way too often (= eventually always) with the MP-03 mould. That said, I don't think it was the best solution to that problem. iGear also solved the wing hinge breakage in a different way. Problem with the MP-03 design was that the winghinge joint was too tight (either the black piece was too large/long or the surrounding space to small, resulting in stress. This is also why flipping the wings on the MP-03 takes more strength than the fluid flipping on the MP-11 mould.

Enlarging this part (or shortening the connecting piece), like iGear did, was I think a better solution. But the pop-off solution does prevent breakage when moving the wing hinge in any other way than the intended way.

Same problem here. Already too many MP seekers, still bought the OS RH Greenscream...and it's just awesome. Although, mine does have some small issues with plastic flash. But it really seems as if the mould was intended for this size. (Too bad they didn't upscale the iGear improved MP-03 version, since that jet mode is slightly more realistic with the curved shape of the legs.) And a nice addition to my long neglected Alt/BT collection

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole floppy cockpit really dissappointed me. No MP should have a flaw as bad as that. Face being too dark is also shit, cant get his face into photos properly.

9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish MP-11 had gone all the way back to Kobayashi’s original prototype for MP-3 before it was butchered. Clean forearms, double jointed wings (like FT Soar) to set them further back out the way instead of the splaying outwards, ankle tilt. The only good upgrade on MP-11 missing on that original proto is the head with extending side pieces.

Still I got a soft spot for the mould overall - possibly cos MP-6 was my first MP and I was blown away - pretty much comparing it to the G1 original. Still impressed by how clean and accurate the alt mode is and how the chest intakes are handled.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

I got the most re-release of the figure and I have zero problems with it. I've never had to remove parts to transform it or anything of the sort. I love it. I don't know if I lucked out with a good figure or something, though.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

MP-6 Skywarp was my first MP as well. That was 10 years ago. Owned him for about 7 years before selling him off in favor of the MP-11 redeco. I do miss it, particularly the premium finish.

12. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Spoken like someone who has never handled an MP-05 it MP-09.

Both are unpleasant to transform, MP-05 is a rickety fragile mess. MP-09 is also extremely fragile and it’s even more upsetting than MP-05’s fragility since it’s a beautiful looking figure.

13. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

I haven't had many problems with either of those figures you mentioned.

Just some tabs breaking off of Megatron.

14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I always wanted the Masterpiece Seekers but could never justify the prices.

Anyway the dilemma has since been solved. Save your money. Buy a few reduced Combiner Wars Seekers and some spray paint...

20170825_013029.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ultra Martin

Ultra Martin Member

My first Masterpiece too, unfortunatly one of the wings broke....:( .
    Still I can put it on on both modes so he became a partformer.
    I also have a mp 7 Thundercracker in my collection and will never replace him or Skywarp for the new 11SW and 11 TC.
    Comparing those with my mp 11 I'm loving the old mode more. (except the hipkible).
    And 200+ bucks is far too much in my opinion:mad: .

16. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

I think i'm one of the luckier few like you who had a decent copy (tight joints, nothing falling off) of the TRU, coming off from a quite loose torso and un-fun TT MP-11. I'm happy with mine, and it gave me the courage to put $ down on MP Thrust, which again, i'm somewhat lucky. Tight torso, somewhat posable for its mold design/age. My only gripe is that there's a little bit of floppiness between ratchets on its legs, but its no deal breaker.

Anyway, in the OP's case of concern for his MP-11, and Skywarp and Coneheads... hopefully the other figures works out for you. QC is hit and miss in such large mass production pieces. If OP gets lemons, maybe just note the issues down, post it up for sale and hope someone bites. Maybe the new caretaker of these figures will use it for parts, customs or whatnot.

17. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have six of those seeker molds, and once owned the previous incarnations before selling them off. They are pretty annoying to transform, but don't let those stop you from touching the newer stuff. The countaches and mp10 are awesome. The worst to play with is probably mp5 Megatron. That looked ugly in robot mode and a pain to peg together.

18. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Lol, that's gonna upset some MP purists. Cool idea though.

19. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Active Member

Who's the grey Seeker on the left of the pic?

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It's not grey, it's lilac. It can be Hotlink or one of Dreamwave's clone troopers.