MP-10 To buy or not to buy that is the question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by opt1musaber, Dec 15, 2011.

?

MP-10 Poll

1. Buy it

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Buy it if you can afford it

47 vote(s)
    53.4%
  3. Stick to MP-1

18 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about purchasing this item but I have basically all of the original MP 1/4 releases (besides Black repaint) and don't really know if I should buy MP 10. Can someone honestly tell me as a collector are the changes to MP 10 really worth purchasing. The cab lks bit better but that's not enough for me and the price don't help as well. If most people say no need then I'll just pass on this figure along with the upcoming starscream figure as well.

2. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

I am having this problem also. An input is greatly appreciated.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    ^A poll would be a fair way to judge. :) 
    as for me, Pros: Design wise, MP-10 is compact and feels more accurate in bot and vehicle truck-cab mode. While lacking a ton of die-cast, the good thing is that you can pretty much, err..'manhandle' him without worrying of damaging fragile metal parts... and finally, he fits in pretty much in-scale with Classics/RTS/United Deluxes and Voyagers. That's the deal sealer for me! :D 
    Cons: Some minor QC issues, very much which has been discussed in the Toy feedback thread. But all the positives outweigh the negatives.
    verdict, IMHO: Go for it! :D 

5. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    @Process I looked at that pic and there's just something about it that don't sit right I just don't know.

@Wing Saber-X I've never worried about damaging metal parts, and metal being fragile, never heard of that before.. unless you mean the paint chipping then yes I guess it wins there. Also added a poll as you mentioned :) 

Honestly at the end of the day if he was around 180-200 I'd probably bite but atm it's not worth it in my books. I think this is just a pricing issue for me. Thanks anyways.

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I'd agree with most of what Wing Saber said... although i do think MP10 is maybe a little fragile in spots.

I keep having to remind myself however that lack of size and diecast aren't necessarily demerits.

At $250 it's pretty expensive for what it is....... many are holding out to see what Hasbro are going to do with it.

7. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally i like the original mp-1 better. i like the extra height and honestly i dont know why but something about mp10's look in robot mode seems strange. i dont know just my opinion.

8. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm really tempted, too, but I just can't justify spending that much on a toy.

Are we certain an Hasbro version is coming? They've been quiet on MP-10, whereas for MP Rodimus we knew it was coming before it had even been released overseas.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the bulk of the original and all the little fluxing pipes/hydraulics in his elbows and leg joints. while that's not cartoon accurate, it brings a bigger element of realism to the figure for me.

so if you like the animation model accuracy, I'd go mp-10. if you're into die-cast, bulk, and some of the neat little nuances, I don't think there's a problem sticking with mp-1.

10. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pass, wait for a US release. I have mp04 with the igear head, and I think it looks great. I think 250 is a bit much for this release, and I am holding out for the eventual hasbro release minus the trailer for $60 bucks hopefully. If he doesnt see a US release, its no biggie for me since I already think mp04 is awesome.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm getting it for christmas, i'm a lot more excited for it than i thought i would be, looks great

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love MP-01/04 and everything, but I think MP-10 is absolutely worth the purchase if it's easily affordable. It's just so much more refined. Plus it's part of this 'new' scale that they're doing with the Masterpiece line now.

I know a lot of people keep saying to wait for the inevitable Hasbro release since it'll be cheaper, but I can't say I agree with that. Not only will we probably not get the trailer and whatever else with a domestic release, Hasbro has proven in the past that we can't necessarily rely on them to even keep the colors the same. They turned Masterpiece Prime into a burnt-orange colored cartoony looking nightmare atop of chopping down his smoke stacks... which looked ridiculous. And in the case of MP Grimlock & Rodimus, they gave them crappy 80's toy decos instead of just sticking with with the animation accurate schemes that Takara did. It wasn't overly bad on Grimlock, but Rodimus... that thing is just atrocious imo.

So factor that in. Hasbro hasn't said word one about releasing MP-10 yet, but assuming they do do it, just be prepared it could look quite a bit different & cheaper than Takara's version.

13. maximus_73

maximus_73 Well-Known Member

Yes to $60 - without trailer
    No to $250 - with trailer

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't own it, but it seems as if you're a pretty big fan of Optimus at the Masterpiece scale. I would just wait until there's official confirmation of a US release (probably sans trailer), which will be cheaper. That's assuming you can do without trailers.

15. wildfly

News Credits:

Assuming there's a Hasbro version, and there probably will be, it's hard to argue the trailer is worth $180-190.

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Actually, I think a G1 Trailbreaker leg is worth that kind of money.

17. wildfly

News Credits:
    :lol 

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:

I'm going to argee with this. I highly doubt that Optimus, even without the trailer is going to sell for only 60.00. If your waiting for a US release I suggest you save more then $60.00. More like, 150.00 IMO.

19. FurleyGhost

FurleyGhost Make It Happen Captain

I don't think you read it correctly.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm hoping I get MP-10 for Christmas. From the pictures I've seen it just bleeds WIN.