MP-10 Optimus Prime USA TRU Exclusive Price Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 28, 2012.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Takara MP-10 is 250 bucks on BBTS...even if they sell it for 125 at TRU it is still half off the asking price for the Takara one, so anything under that is a goddamn steal. I'll be very willing to pay 125 for it, myself.

2. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

a worthy addition to my prime collection

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it's supposed to be $100.00 CDN, it'll be about the same price, here in the states. Anything higher than that and I doubt it'll sell.

For example, TRU sold that ridiculously massive AT-AT for $99.99, any higher and I think it would've crashed and burned.

But, we've been wrong before. Even Wal-Mart sold the massive sized Millennium Falcon for $139.99 a couple years back. If Wal-Mart can do it at a higher price, TRU might be able to with this guy, but I doubt it.

4. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright thanks dude. I've been wanting MP-10 for some time now, and a few cosmetic changes I can live with. However, if the size was going to be smaller I would have just bit the bullet and snagged up the Takara one.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The Millennium Falcon is the Millennium Falcon. Star Wars, and that ship in particular, is a special case.

6. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that we have seen better pics you can see where corners have been cut, particularly in terms of paint. Almost all of TRU10 is bare plastic, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. The grill beneath his windows does stick out a little bit, but otherwise I love the brighter deco.

7. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Yeah, you and FakeEyes22 pay attention. They've done it on every MP so far and to a lesser degree most popular figures. If it sells well they jack it up till it doesn't sell then clearance it all of a sudden. I am not positive on the number it will start at but it will raise 20-30 whenever they do restock it after the first sell out. That's why I'm bothered it came to TRU plus the fact the employees will get the first case or two here.

8. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

There is just as much paint on it as the Takara pretty much. Someone broke it down earlier.

9. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No way man, look again. All the red is bare plastic. The Takara version has a uniform coating of red paint, which is lacking on the TRU10.
    EDIT: At least that is how it looks to me, and of course I could be wrong. I don't have either version to hand.

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I was really hoping it would be a Wal-mart or Target exclusive so it would be easier to find.

One thing is for sure: I am NEVER ordering from TRU online again after that last ordeal. So if I can physically get to my nearest TRU and by some miracle they have it and I feel like spending that much, I might get it.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ Plus the trailer has virtually no silver paint. The Takara version's trailer by comparison is painted up almost entirely in silver, it looks like.

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I was really hoping it would be a Wal-mart or Target exclusive so it would be easier to find.

One thing is for sure: I'm NEVER ordering from TRU online again after that last ordeal. So if I can physically get to my nearest TRU and by some miracle they have it and I feel like spending that much, I MIGHT get it.

13. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:

True. I for one much prefer the barenaked look.

14. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm in the same camp. I'm less concerned with the price then I am with it just being available in any Toys R Us. Never did have good luck with finding Grimlock.

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    This stood little chance of going anywhere but TRU. It's not going to sell THAT well, and TRU are probably the only retailer who wouldn't ditch it on clearance after two months.

Hasbro essentially admitted they have an interest in working with retailers, and part of that includes throwing TRU exclusives, so they don't fall completely under the direction of Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

16. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

There's a Toys R Us within walking distance of me and zero Targets or Walmarts, so I'm a happy camper.

17. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Lucky, my nearest TRU is like 30 min away...not gonna go that far on the slim chance it'll be there. I'll just be ordering this online.

18. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Gonna have to find some way to get this. Since I highly doubt he will end up in the stores up here thanks to the screwed up bullshit language laws. :banghead: 

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have several TRUs within 10-15 minutes from me, and I STILL had to order Rodimus online. I have a feeling it will be the same for Optimus if the price is reasonable and I decide to get one.

20. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It wont be sub-100. I'm going to say $109.99