MP-10 Optimus prime Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bestbuddy09, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

Now I bean hearing that this guy should come out by the end of this mouth but I also heared he should be about $100.00 so why am I seeing pre orders for around the $200.00 price? Like I mean on ebay and robotkingdom. The point to this figure was to bring it to the U.S. and save money at the sametime. Not wait a year and save a $50.00 bill :2c: 

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Source?

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Wrong forum?

I think he just means he's generally heard around the boards the last week or so about the release date rumors and the $100 price that was confirmed. As for why he's expensive on ebay and such, it's a TRU exclusive, will be highly sought after, and might be hard to get, so naturally there will be a markup if you want to try and get it early. We really don't know exactly when it will be appearing, although it should be sometime soon, but just keep an eye out and check your TRU when he starts popping up, and you can probably get one at the $100 price (which really is a fair one).

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Because places that get rare stuff like to charge a mark-up for it. It's no different than any recent, hard-to-find deluxe toy going for $25+----it's not the MSRP, but it is what the market will bear for those that have it already.

5. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Nobody knows a release date...I'm not even sure Hasbro knows anymore.

6. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly then the SDCC display had a note stating a July 2012 release.

That means that Hasbro's too late. (And yet I hear no-one raging like they do when a 3rd party company is late :p  )

The price is supposedly $ 100. But that is if you live in the USA and have a TRU nearby that sells them. If you don't...then you're dependend on sellers who have bought the figure in store for $ 100 and resell it with profit (that's capitalism for you). Sellers who are not in the USA (like Robotkingdom) have additional shipping costs to facture in, making it even more expensive. Hence the higher than $ 100 prices with online stores and e-bay sellers.

(The same happens with the Takara TF's (incluiding MP's). The online prices you see for those figures are much more than the actual Japan store price. Those sellers also add a profit for themselves, currency fluctuations and shipping costs.)

7. anomaluigi

anomaluigi New Member

Um... it's eBay. Everyone tries to turn a profit on eBay. That's not Hasbro's fault. If you don't wanna pay eBay prices just stake out your local TRU frequently to catch this guy when it comes out.