MP-09 Bubble Insert Keep or Discard?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grayman, Feb 26, 2011.

1. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A question for my fellow collectors. How big of a collector sin would it be to throw away the bubble insert of Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy MP-09?

I normally keep my Masterpiece toys inside their packaging and then store the entire thing inside my large storage boxes. This worked for all of them except for MP-04 Perfect Edition Convoy with Trailer. With him, I took out the two separate inner boxes and stored them with my other Masterpiece figures and I flattened the outer box and stored it in a giant storage box that I have for very large flattened boxes.

Unfortunately, Masterpiece Rodimus does not separate into one box for the trailer and one for the cab like MP-04. Therefore, I can either throw out the inner bubble, store the flattened outer box in my giant storage box and store the figure with cab sealed in a ziploc bag stored inside one of my regular storage boxes, or I can keep everything (outer box, inner bubble and figure together, but since it is so big, it will float around my room exposed to the elements and to potential accidents.

I'm really torn on this one and ask for your help in making this decision. Thanks.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    keep it, you sound like you'll regret throwing it out later

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Definately keep it. The only full boxes I keep is my Masterpiece boxes. It's the safest way to store them, ship/move them and they are nice boxes for display or otherwise, more specifically the Japanese boxes but I still have the boxes for 20th Prime and Hasbro Starscream.

4. grayman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to try to find a safe place to store him inside his bubble insert and box. I can't wait until I have enough room to display him. One day. :rolleyes: 

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sell me the box XD :lol . If you have room in your storage keep it all.

6. grayman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was considering getting rid of the bubble insert, but never the box. He looks better on the box than out of it. :lol