MP-06 Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KYQ, Sep 1, 2007.

1. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:

you could always buy him and then resell him to me like starscream :lol 

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:

Dont laugh, what's funny is I'm seeing that happening in the not so distant future :lol  Your going to Botcon 08 right? :lol 

3. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    planning to be man! if I can pay off my other trips in time :lol 

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dammit i just tried to swat rhansens sig. bastard.

um yeah, skywarp! hes greaaaaaaaaaat.

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Perhaps Thundercracker's alt face could look all beardy - just so he can stick one to the 'Scourge is Bombshell!' crowd...

I see no desire for a Masterpiece Sunstorm, however. (That poor zealot hax-clone...)

There's only one Autobot fig I want to see come up next as an MP - well, technically two, if they followed the example of King Starscream's 2-in-1 design from a while back:

Rodimus Prime!

So long as they went a similar route as taken by Titanium Roddy, in that the biomech transforms directly into the cab and trailer, I'd be happy.

(KS' idea had the 'cab' be a transformable Hot Rod, that fit into the trailer in vehicle mode, and fit into the transformed trailer for Roddy's biomech form...)

And of course, for the 'Cons, a MP Galvatron is fine, too.

Oh, and one more thing:

That MP pre-Cyclonus looks cool!

6. SarahMobius

SarahMobius Adventurer

News Credits:
    Thank Primus they gave 'Warp different faces. Starscream's faces wouldn't have worked as well.

7. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I think I've entered the Twilight Zone. My MP-03 is great, a few paint and glue drizzles aside. I have transformed him frequently since obtaining him this past March. Now MP-06 is a completely different matter. His back panel (with airbrake) does not lay flush when in jet mode and the metal bar is so tight, the whole panel came right off before the bar even budged. Not sure what they changed, but this is the result:

[​IMG]

Nice frickin stress mark. What is that screw designed to fasten?

His paint is horrible, random glossy/flat finished panels and crooked emblems. What junk. Hope my next one is better.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

wow, hope that these problems arent going to become a standard issue with this figure.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where is the stress mark I'm supposed to be seeing?

10. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:

Usually what I do is I transform him and not touching that part first because it is a bitch to open up. Until I reached the part where you need to fold the nosecone and pop the head to be seen, there is usually a gap before you slide down the whole upper torso. I use my finger to wiggle the back panel slowly (from the gap) and off it comes. Then the rest is easy.

11. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

You don't see that giant white streak?

12. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    It's on the part that's been detached from the skywarp.

Look at the middle part that looks sort of like a belt clip.. you see a big white line

13. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Oh now I see it thanks...and damn....

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Got mine today no problems so far. But transforming it the first time alot of the joints were really tight. So it took awhile while I slowly loosened it.

15. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

I watched tv and wiggled the metal bar back and forth for about 20min before it was loose enough to function. I then superglued the panel togethe and everything is working fine good enough for me to turn down and exchange from BBTS (they really do have great service). The only thing that grinds at me is the fact the back panel absolutely refuses to lay flat in fighter mode, an issue I've noticed in most photos on the web. Is it the glossy plastic that makes it creaky and out of alignment? Don't let me discourage you from buying this beautiful mold, but don't be like me and think the fixed everything, because my MP-03 is holding up like a champ and my MP-06 already has 2 strikes against it.

Disregard th above grammer errors. I'll fix them when I am typing on a real keyboard and not a phone.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Holy crap, that's horrible... I really want to get one of these eventually, but I'll have to wait and see if there are an overwhelming number of QC problems with them.

17. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just got my Skywarp from BBTS today. Awesome. I've loved the Masterpiece line from the start and continue to love it. This is the first MP repaint I've actually purchased (Magnus didn't really interest me...though I've started to consider).

Skywarp is every bit as awesome as the Starscream version of this mold, and the black looks so good. The plastic does feel sturdier to me.

While his extra face could have been less goofy looking and I'd rather have an accessory other than another Dr. Archeville, all in all this is a purchase I'm very happy with. And after seeing KA's pics, I think I may have to put those stripes on!

Bring on Thundercracker!

18. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got home from work today, and Skywarp was already waiting for me.

The only black parts that weren't glossy were the wing joints. The plastic feels so much nicer overall than mp-03. It's also a lot easier to transform too, as in things slide past eachother much easier, the pegs stay secure but they don't need a prybar to come out. The joints are a little tighter also.

I was kind of annoyed that the stripes weren't painted on, and normally I dont bother with stickers, but damn. Just adding those stripes made a HUGE difference. Not to mention putting the decepticon logos in the wings so they're right-side up in bot mode(damn manual shows them upside down...). My advice for the stickers(for those who never put them on either), is to use tweezers. Plus the stickers aren't some lame foil crap, nor do they have some border around them that's visible once they're applied.

Oddly enough, I actually like his alternate face. Some people say it looks goofy, I say it looks like an evil snarl like he's about to sock someone in the face and kick them in the balls.

The fact that the purple isn't super bright is nice, he also isn't covered in purple, since there's a lot of gray and silver accents also, including red in a couple of places. The cockpit has the perfect amber tint to it as well.

As far as the plate that the airbrake is on being tightly in place, originally I tried to transform it like I do mp-03 and pull that up first to make the wings easier to pop. However, it's not needed(at least on mine) as the wings pop out fairly easily with no force required anywhere. I TF'd just about the whole thing including the chest and then popped that plate out through his chest cavity(g1 style) and it come out just fine.

The fact that this guy is put together so damn well, really has my hopes up for the walmart starscream.

19. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

OK, I got mine all together. I really love this bot bring on Hasbro Screamer and Takatomy Thunder cracker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Damn, that is absolutely perfect w/ the stripes applied. I have said it from the beginning, Skywarp will be G1 accurate in my collection. Now if TFSource would just ship them out already (along w/ BT Mirage).

Oh and NSJ23, where did you get the stand for your Macross in the background there? I need one of those for my MP SS who shall be replaced by the G1 accurate Wal-Mart SS as soon as it comes out. I want to display the MP in alt mode and I really don't like that stand he come w/, that stand however is perfect.