MP-05 Who should it be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by voltron2008, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well if they did do a 1/24 scale Abrams tank for Megatron this is how big he would be in tank mode compared to MP-01 and Binaltech/Alternator Tracks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my opinion it is quite doable in terms of size due to the current release of MP-04(Prime w/Trailer).

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    AWESOME pictures - thank you! Who would have thought that someone has a scaled down Abram's tank on hand.

That said, I dunno, if Meg's got that particular model he would completely tower over Prime in bot mode. There surely must be smaller tank models that they could use instead, no? Something still big & badass, but more in scale with Prime I would hope.

Of course that's all under the assumption it ever actually happens to begin with.

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Grimlock

4. MynameisJuan

MynameisJuan New Member

My vote goes to Bumblebee!

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Seeing that tank in that scale he'd be the height of unicron in robot mode abouts.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Prowl or Ironhide...seriously the only other Masterpieces Tomy is going to make are those molds that can be repainted into other characters.

7. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Personally I wouldn't mind Megatron towering over Prime. Remember the beginning of G2?

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    MP-05 should be ME!!! XD

Failing that, Hot Rod, Arcee, or an official Magnus Armor set would be sweet.

Or Mr. T...

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Yes...I either want an Alt Megatron Hummer or a MP Megatron G2 tank in G1 colors.

10. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only MP's I'd like to see now (other than seeker repaints) are:

1) Magnus WITH armour
    2) Megatron as a tank. He wouldn't have to be 1:24 (as MP-01 isn't anyway) but having him the same height as Prime in bot mode would be nice.
    3) Shockwave - G1 style laser cannon
    4) Soundwave - not sure about what alt mode would fit given that Megs is now a tank. Hmm... A G1 style walkman would still be sweet though...
    5) Rodimus Prime

I would have said Jetfire BUT he'd have to be taller than Prime and hence he'd be huge... I'd still buy him though! (wonder if we'll ever see a larger than 1:48 Valk?)

If the line continued then huge fucking Dinobots would be cool - and maybe smaller Insecticons.

Of course... None of these will ever happen (well, maybe Magnus) as the molds wouldn't be as milkable as Prime or Starscreams. It's fun to hope though...

Steve.

PS. And give me BT Trailbreaker, Ratchet, Ironhide and Bumblebee while you're at it.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think MP-05 as a Seeker repaint (either anime Starscream or another Seeker) is a given. After they've milked that, it's safe to assume it'll be an iconic character, which is why I'm going with Grimlock or Hot Rod. Without the VW mold available, I think Bumblebee is out, and Megatron/Galvatron/Shockwave/Soundwave just don't seem likely to me 'cause of their alt-modes.

And while a MP combiner would probably be the biggest fanboy dream ever, I just don't see TakTomy commiting to that.

TFW2005 needs to have one of those office-style lottery pools with an agreement that all winnings go to finance a MP Devastator, then MP Superion.

12. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    Devastator.

Sell the 6 parts seperately over 1 year.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Rodimus Prime of course

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

Pffff. Megatron, but not in gray and black colors- he needs to be shocking bright green, with pink camo-splotches, and a yellow cannon. This is clearly a more realistic paint scheme than gunmetal gray.

15. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Actually, I kind of agree with you. For me the most important part of an MP Megatron would be that his bot mode is a close to 100% cartoon accurate as possible. I think with any alt. mode other than a gun it would be difficult to get the bot mode that close. If I had to chose between an MP Action Master Megs or an MP Megs with any alt mode other than a gun, I think I'd have to choose the MP Action Master. I'd have him in bot mode most of the time anyway.

As far as other MP wishes go: (excluding the obvious seeker repaints and hopefully show accurate Starscream)
    1. Rodimus Prime. He's always been my number 2 choice after Megs.
    2. Galvatron
    3. Maybe Grimlock, although he always seems a little incomplete to me without the rest of the Dinobots.
    4. Ironhide. Come on, we've got to get a decent Ironhide toy sometime. We probably won't be getting an Alt. Ironhide and I wouldn't hold my breath for a Classics version either. Where's the Ironhide love?
    5. I could go on to list almost every other G1 character, but I won't.

Anyone who has had a decent Alt. doesn't need a MP toy IMO.

16. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

MP-05 is going to be a seeker repaint, it's just a question of whether it will be anime SS, or Thundercracker or Skywarp. My bet is:

MP-05 - Anime Starscream (fan demand)
    MP-06 - Anime Skywarp
    MP-07 - Anime Thundercracker

After that, if MP-04 sells, I could see them doing MP-08 - Ultra Magnus Perfect Edition with a trailer that hopefully would transform into armour for the big guy, making him bigger than Convoy.

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forget another MP....let's see a THS-03. JMO

18. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

That seems reasonable to me, especially if the Anime Starscream comes with a crown and cape. That would be so sweet.

Plus by doing the repaints that should give time to the designers to create new molds of different characters.

Also if Megatron was done up as some sort of tank, that would give the designers the ability to repaint and retool the mold into other tank based Transformers like Warpath and Blitzwing.

19. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

1- Megatron (Fully posable, even if it doesn't transform, like it was mentioned earlier)
    2- Grimlock
    3- Seeker repaints (TC & SW)
    4- Soundwave
    5- Shockwave
    6- Dinobots
    7- Jetfire
    8- I could go on and on...

20. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I'm a bit lost as to why people think they would do a Megatron that isn't a gun. Remember, Takara's MP line is Japan exclusive, and they are not forced to follow US safety laws, hence the release of G1 megatron in the commemorative series. I would imagine that if there is an MP Megatron, it would be based on the Walther P-38.