MP-05 Who should it be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by voltron2008, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Wheelie. :p 

j/k Maybe a MP Grimlock wouldn't hurt.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Concur strongly! I'd be all over it.

3. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

well, now g1 megatron has me thinkin, he COULD be a couple diff type glock, how bout a DESERT EAGLE! of pistols out there, Now I wonder who would be mad cus they didnt do a p-38! lol. They just need to fix the legs and trigger crotch and Id be all over it. Starscream, it must be inevitable that theyre gonna release TC and SW, that photo shopped image a while ago looked really hot purple and black for SW, so I do hope to see those 2 coming for sure. Maybe theyll do a 2 pack release for 150? soundwave SOUNDS cool but he was pretty accurate as a toy I think!

4. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Megatron. And none other than what Redline posted. Fully G1 accurate in every respect.

Or a shockwave. Either way, it's gotta be a G1 decepticon leader gun.

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

G2 Megatron as I think an over sized gun would look silly.

Or Ultra Magnus with transforming trailer armour, I know it’ll cost more to make than Primes trailer but good damn it would be cool, could even be used to carry alts.

A dinobot Grimlock would be pretty cool as well.

6. Shockwing

Shockwing Perfectly cromulent. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Shockwave :thumb 

Though I guess he would ruin their desire to repaint the mold into a different character...

7. cyclone5uk

cyclone5uk Member

I think it needs to be someone who could never be (or should never have been "cough - shockwave") an binaltech/alternator.

So:

Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Jetfire/Skyfire
    Megatron
    Galvatron
    Dinobots (with dino modes of course)

I would think the next release will be an Autobot though, so my vote is Jetfire/Skyfire.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's almost certainly going to be Thundercracker or Skywarp, with MP-06 being Starscream with cartoon-accurate colors.

9. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Assuming for a moment that the next Masterpieces will be Seeker repaints, plus a more accurate Starscream..... I'll skip ahead to the next original mold, which I guess would be MP-08 (Hah!!! Even typing "MP-08" makes me realize the slim likelihood of it ever happening). So, given that, I would say (in order of preference):

1. Megatron (tank or gun, whatever, just so long as his bot mode looks spot-on)
    2. Soundwave w/ at least one cassette
    3. Grimlock
    4. Shockwave

I think those are the only characters sweepingly popular enough to warrant MP's anytime soon. Of course, in my heart, I would really love Ironhide and Ratchet.... they're kind of my pet "WTF" Transformers, given that they are popular characters who have never had a decent toy in 20-odd years. The chances of getting them as Alt/BT's seems slim at this point, so heck, maybe MP is a better option. If they were the size of Starscream, they'd be about the right scale compared to Prime and the Alts.

And a pox on post-movie, Season 3 characters like Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, et al. As popular as they may have become later in the fandom, for most people that's still when Transformers jumped the shark.... and it would be a travesty if they got Masterpiece releases before the Season 1 and 2 characters (okay, maybe Ultra Magnus was an exception, but only 'cause he was a cheap repaint).

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm inclined to concur. Although by the third use the mold will probably have suffered
    :-(

12. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Either a form of G1/G2 Megatron (you know at either Prime or Starscream size, they're not going to make a gun), or a G1 Galvatron. Perhaps a Galvatron is more likely, but I woudn't mind either one.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Either soundwave or Megatron/Galvatron.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Tank Megatron, to scale with Prime...maybe a bit bigger

Yes

15. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Masterpiece Megatron would be more than nice.

WAL

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yes indeed. And in silver & black of course.

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    My vote goes to Grimlock. :D 

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

If we're talking completely new mold -

Rodimus - give him his due! No matter what you think of the character, he's always had a sweet design to him with the flames and yellow spoiler.
    Megatron or Galvatron - whichever can have a decent Alt mode.
    Soundwave - would be really nice since he does't fit in too well in any other line these days due to being a retro tapedeck, especially if he came with tapes, you could also get a Blaster repaint out of him.
    Waspinator or Blackarachnia- for something different, who says they all have to be G1 and I think these two have some of the more destinctive designs from BW.
    Sentinel Prime - to surprise us with something new and has never been done before, wonder what he'd turn into?
    A combiner would be great too, but I'm not sure how'd they'd pull it off.

19. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Ultra Magnus w/ transforming car carrier.

20. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

I would love a G1-accurate, fully posable Megatron... EVEN IF HE DIDN'T TRANSFORM!!!

Before thinking me blasphemous, think about it. How often was Megatron in gun mode? Not very. Also, we already have Megatron in gun mode and to scale (the accessory that came with MP-01). As long as it is obvious what he transforms into (all the G1-accurate kibble to match the Megatron accessory) I would be extremely happy.

I would also like to see the rest of the Seekers, all FIVE of them. Unfortunately I am fairly certain we will see MP-05... Optimus Prime with trailer AND Roller! And of course, I will have to have it.

If we re-use an existing mold again, and it's not a Seeker, do Ultra Magnus WITH trailer or pay Yamato to make a 1/48 Jetfire. If we create an entirely new mold, let's start working on some G1 cars. Ironhide/Ratchet would be nice.