MP-05 Who should it be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by voltron2008, Sep 27, 2006.

1. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

MP-05 Poll can someone start a cool poll on the next masterpiece figure? Like who we want to see next. Seems like weve got NO say WHATSOEVER!

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

An accurately painted Starscream. :redface2: 

:confused2 

3. voltron2008

I know theyve got to. The fan request is too high to NOT
    give us one !

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Word!

5. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

If you think about the size of Prime and SS (even though SS is a bit smaller) they could realistically release a remake of one of the combiner sets. But since the chances of that are beyond low, my vote is for Grimlock with his dinosaur alt mode,not mustang mode.

6. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, can you believe the size of a masterpiece combiner? Think of Devastator with all its six constructicons...
    That would just be a huge ass toy and probably it would cost as much. I would like to see something like that being manufactured by Takara.

7. voltron2008

Hell ya a Huge ass combiner wood rewl.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I do. Very often. Hehe, when I think of just the idea of 6 Masterpiece sized (and detailed) Constructions that not only transform but also combine, it almost makes a tear come to my eye knowing it'll never happen. Then I think about Masterpiece Dinobots and it's the same process all over again. Pathetic, I know.

But back to reality... Considering it took them, what, 2 years to give Prime a trailer, I'm not holding my breath for an all new mold anytime soon. Ideally, yeah, an accurate colored Starscream plus Skywarp & Thundercracker repaints would be nice.

As for an all new mold, my vote would still have to be for a toon accurate Soundwave with toon accurate minions like Rumble, Ravage & Laserbeak. And the tour de force (keeping semi realistic expectations), a 2-pack 12" Masterpiece set of War Within designed Prime & Megatron.

Oh yes.

9. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thundercracker... oh, wait we already got him. :drunk 

10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

How 'bout G2 Megatron? huh? huh? Big honkin' Abrams tank? Anyone?

11. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I would love to see a Master piece Constructicon set. It would be expensive but to have an acurate Devastator........very sweet !!!

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MP needs a freakin' Megatron :( 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I agree, but if it was going to happen, I think it would have by now. I strongly believe that the reason we won't see a MP Megatron in G1 form is because the real life mechanics of transforming a gun into what he looks like in cartoon bot form just don't exist. I think one form or the other would probably look good, but I can't see them pulling off both modes successfully in the same toy. And that's exactly why I would hope they either do a tank redesign or the War Within design. Could be happy medium.

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    a fan, anemis on the boards here, made his own MP Megatron, and I think he did pretty darned swell if you ask me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Masterpiece Wheelie..........what?

16. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

When I say a masterpiece combiner,I dont mean in actual scale with the current ones. I mean having say Devastator or Superion the same size as MP Prime,but use modern day vehicles for the limbs and give him some articulation. As cool as it would be to have a giant combiner,I think having one Prime's size would be good enough.

17. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Hmmmm...I can think of several that would be awesome to see as Masterpieces

- Megatron (I would love to see a gun but if they did do this, it would probably be a tank)
    - Ultra Magnus...with armor ('nuff said)
    - Arcee (wouldn't it be great to make up for the past 20 years since she never got an official G1 release?)
    - Soundwave (a bonus as a fully working cassette player would rock) with Laserbeak (fully working cassette)
    - Rodimus Prime (why not?)
    - Galvatron (suggested Rodimus so why not Galvy?)
    - Devastator (that would rule)
    - Grimlock

Now, these are what I would love to see; however, I don't think a lot of these will happen since Takara would need to do repaints to help pay off the mold. Even if they did do Devastator, what other character could they repaint him into to keep the price of the figures down? Ultra Magnus' armor would also be a stretch since they would have to do extensive tooling for molds for a transformable trailer. What do I think is likely is the following:

- Thundercracker/Skywarp (more than likely they will happen since they need to payoff all of that molding. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Sunstorm repaint as well.)
    - Prowl/Bluestreak (or Silverstreak or Streak)/Smokescreen (yeah, I know, they all had BTs/Alts but they could be Masterpieces as well and Takara could repaint just one mold (well some slight retooling with Smokescreen). Would be nice to actually see a blue Bluestreak (circa 1984 catalog and the pic on Takara G1 reissue of Meister) as well if they really wanted to get their money's worth for the mold)

And, I'm coming up blank at the moment for anymore easy repaints aside for two characters repaints, which I don't know if that would fly at Takara. I know Grimmy and Megs were part of a poll conducted some time ago about who would be the first Masterpiece so I guess Takara would be willing to do them though I'm not sure of that anymore.

18. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Agreed.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure that the next few Masterpieces will involve the Starscream mold. However, if we were to get the inevitable 'Anime Version' of Starscream, they could go with the original prototype they had, which was quite cool as well, and it'd be a variation.

I'm happy to see that the Japs aren't overly happy with MP3 either, that'll learn Takaratomy to do such a drastic change to such an expensive toy, and popular character.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Movie/Season 3 accurate Galvatron plz.