Customs: MP-05 "repair" question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by chaosbringer_00, Jan 9, 2008.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I'm not entirely certain if this is the right section to ask this, but here goes:

For those of you with MP-05, I'm curious: do any of you have trouble with his shoulder joints? On mine, his shoulder jooints (on both arms) are loose to the point where even the one without the cannon can't hold up its own weight, it just hangs at his side. I can't really tell what kind of joint it is, and I doubt I'd know how to repair it even if I did. So I'm asking all of you with customizing and repair expertise to see if you might be able to lend me a hand.

Also, there is a part I've actually broken. On Megatron's right thigh, there is a small, narrow panel that you need to lift up for transformation. Unfortunately, it is very thin. So when I went to TF him one time I forgot to raise it and accidently forced his leg up into it, thus snapping it off. So all that's left on him now is just the very tip of the panel where it swings up and down. What I'm asking is this: what would you recommend as far as reattaching it? Is there a glue that works especially well on plastic?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this is indeed the right section. I've not got either problem on my MP-05, so I can't help you personally, but just wanted to let you know this is where to post such threads.

3. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    well, if its a clean break you can always superglue it, but not too much as the glue will raise above the surface and either dry that way or when you go to clean the excess you make more a mess.

as far as the shoulders, mine are tight (uncomfortably tight) once you click it into place. otherwise he is a flimsy mess. the connection should click when done fully. i had a problem getting him correctly in gun mode then i posted about it. i had a small gap by the hammer and it was brought to my attention that i had to do one more forced click into place. even tho i thought i had done it right all along.

zedz

4. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Thank you, Redline.

And ZedzDead, I think you misunderstood me. The part of his shoulder that I'm having the issue with is the part that it rotates 360 deg. on for posing his arm, the actual shoulder joint. I think that what you're talking about (and I could be wrong) is the joint upon which the arm swings down for transformation, the part where you kinda have to push in and up in order to make the arm click in place. I appreciate your reply, though.

Anyone else? I'll she if I can post some pics tomorrow w/the problem areas highlighted.

5. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I've found 2-part epoxies such as 5 cure to be much stronger than superglue (and it sets rock-hard in 10 minutes!), but Zedz's bang on with how careful you need to be when applying any sort of adhesive.

Pics may certainly help us help you.

6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Hi there - I've had the same problem before, and solved it by taking apart his shoulder joint (carefully!) and applying a little bit of nail polish. Basically there is a round plastic part that has indentations where his arm can "lock" and I put just a tiny bit of nail polish on these. I will try to take some pictures tonight or tomorrow if I get a chance.