MP-05 Megatron - Robotkingdom.com

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Riot1913, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Riot1913

Riot1913 Active Member

X

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  2. Dbot

Dbot Well-Known Member

I was going to order Masterpiece Megatron from there but I don't have a Paypal account.

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I'm going to on Wednesday through a middleman but not that sure if I should wait it out or buy it now.

Rrrrggh, first MP-03 with the QC debacles and now MP-05 with Customs, I wait for the day when I can import something without any worries.

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I ordered him Sunday night, though I'm in Canada and thus probably don't have to worry about the orange plug.

As far as the yellow plug is concerned, that's what one store used to get him through US Customs, not what all stores are doing. I'm surprised it made it through since the yellow plug is (1) not the correct shade of orange, (2) not big enough, and (3) not permanently attached.

5. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Larkin's Lair

News Credits:
    I ordered through them via ebay. I got confirmation that it has shipped and a tracking number.

6. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I did. I got my shipping notice yesterday. I'm trying not to freak out about it. I try to rationalize: what are the chances that my package will be checked and detained? Are all packages coming into the United States checked? I don't think so. This is what I tell myself when I'm freaking out.

Well, we'll know in a week or so, when I get/don't get my MP-05.

7. CrockAlley

I got my non-altered, Robotkingdom.com MP-05 today!

8. Urlacher5454

Urlacher5454 Well-Known Member

How did you manage that? It's easter and no mail today.

9. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

I ordered mine from Robotkingdom and am still waiting (I got the SLOW shipping :( .) But I can't imagine anyone in customs would cut open a box, notice the picture of a gun-like object and confiscate it. But I have to admit, I'll be happier once it's in my hands.

As it's been pointed out - technically the unmodified reissue Megatron was illegal too, and I've never heard of one of those getting confiscated.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I import a LOT of packages and in the last year only 1 out of 2 dozen packages was inspected by customs :)  my Megatron made it just fine...they checked my Zoids :p 

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I refuse to order thsi figure from any site that is going to tamper with it. Obviously my $100 is not worth it to them, as if I'm paying that price, I expect my figure to be MISB. They should only charge $70 for something that are ****ing up.

12. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Aw c'mon y'all....why are the basic laws of economics so lost on you? Look, I dunno how much this thing actually sells for in Japan but its not like a U.S. seller can just sell it at that price, they have to try and make SOME profit. I can see selling an UNMODIFIED toy for closer to MSRP but there are no doubt costs involved in modifying the thing that makes it more expensive. Bottom line, if you don't like the price for a modified one, dont buy it! (or get an unmodified one) but fer crissakes quit complaining about "OMFG ITS MODIFIED IT SHULD B CHEEP!"

13. CrockAlley

Well, I had it delivered to my parent's house, and I picked it up on Sunday. I guess it arrived sometime earlier.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But really, they CUT THE TAPE!! Tape is valuable. Then thay handle the figure! Unlike the Takara factory, where they put it in the box by magic. If you don't think they need to knock at least $40 from the price for that, you're crazy!

15. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I almost ordered from them once but decided not to. Their shipping costs are absurd, and given that they're in Hong Kong I had trouble trusting whether they'd get here at all.

It's tempting though. Their catalogue is fun to look through.

16. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

I got him today! Happy. Good Robotkingdom.

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've ordered several things from Ken & crew @ Robotkingdom and I've found that their shipping prices are reasonable and their service is second to none.

You are right though about their catalog...they do get some great stuff and if you don't check the site frequently you'll miss out on some great deals!

18. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

got mine

19. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

I just order mine from Robot Kingdom, how long did it take to get him form there... I really cant wait for him, was going to hold off but I caved, this has been a costl day for transformers...