MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron to be released March 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Awesome news. How did I missed this thread? Must see picture before I placed an order.

2. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Larkin's Lair

News Credits:
    This is great news. Now if only I can get some repro smokestacks for my US version Prime....

3. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Of course Hasbro has always been TOTALLY honest with us...

4. thomas maximus

thomas maximus Well-Known Member

ZOMG that is crazy news!!! lets how hes a gun !!!! *crosses fingers*

5. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I doubt there'd be a Masterpiece Megatron. If so, then perhaps that Alternators Megatron pic (fan-art as I believe it was) we saw earlier in the year must be the blueprints for Masterpiece Megatron, because if we're even GETTING a MP-05 Megs, there's no way he can retain his classic Walther-P38 gun mode. It'd be too big, and due to toy laws, getting him would be a bitch. He'd have to be a tank if Megatron wanted to be in the Masterpiece line.

6. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice news, and I'll certainly consider it, but (and this is probably just me) I'd love a THS Megs as well (or give me Shockwave, either is fine). I found MP Prime to be a bit too big to display - he's certainly too big for my desk, where THS Prime is leading my G1 Dinobots in an attack on my desk lamp - so cool that they're in scale ^^

7. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Don't be so sure he won't be a gun. I believe toy laws in Japan are dramatically different than here in North America. That's why Japan got away with the G1 Megatron reissue.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    That may be, but they're not re-reissuing G1 Megs, so that could be a hint that Masterpiece Megatron won't be a gun.

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Tank would definitely work, and be pretty cool... but honestly why is everybody just assuming that it'll even be G1 Megatron? I know all the other TF MPs have been based on the G1 characters, but maybe that's going to change here?

I seriously want an upgraded Dragon Megatron.

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome... But I just realized the completist in me now has to get MP-04 since I don't want a hole between MP-03 and MP-05... Not the worst problem in the world though...

Takara simply needs to stop with this "perfect edition" rereleasing of stuff...

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pre-ordered.

But I am ready to cancel if it looks crappy....

Like MP-03...

12. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

That's a LOT of bitter assumptions there sweetheart. Let's not overlook the fact that Japan has ALREADY rereleased Megatron in the past.

Sidenote: Who gave your avatar the dirty sanchez?

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Or it could mean that Takara Tomy doesn't want to be releasing 2 or potentially 3 [G1, Classics, MP] gun Megatrons in less than a year.

Or the supposed re-re-release of G1 Megatron was nothing but an unfounded rumour to begin with.

Or... you could be right.

The point is we don't really know one way or another at this point.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It'll be based on movie megs

I keed I keed, put the knives down >_>

Anyway, I sincerely hope he is not a gun. Besides scale and design problems that would arise with that, it also brings with it the problem of no localization. The only way to get a big, non nerf gun looking megs would be to import it and it would be a pain to do so. Plus, I was never a fan of non mobile TF alt modes. I mean Soundwave is cool and all, but his alt mode is all but useless. And Meg's alt mode only served a purpose when he forced himself into the hands of another decepticon to take one shot then change back. I always saw Megatron as a dominating force on the battle field and a tank always seemed more fitting in that regard then a small pistol.

I think it's best is MP megs was a tank, and as suggested before, not based on any authentic tank around today. His bot mode should come first and resemble his G1 persona as best as possible. He should also be in scale with MP OP, in both height and weight, if not slightly bigger. His tank mode should then resembe *a* tank fitting to his bot mode, but not look like any specific tank. He should definately have his G1 colors and weapon set up and both would be very easy to do with a tank.

If he was a hand gun it would pose far too many problems. Mainly of which being that hasbro *can not* sell it domestically. Other problems would include the fact that he just won't be that big in bot mode and they might have to sacrifice parts of his G1 image to achieve the transformation.

IMO a Tank Megs vs a Big Rig prime would look much better, in both modes, then a pistol vs a truck.

15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I see no reason for Takaratomy not to make "Masterpiece" Megatron a gun. The laws in japan are vastly different to the laws stateside and, when it comes right down to it, this release is being planned for the japanese market, not North America.

Can't wait to see some photos. Obviously, if true, this figure is something they've been working on since shortly after they started working on MP-03. Hopefully they focus on the bot mode, and give the alt mode a back seat. I really could care less if it's substantially bigger than a real walther p-38. I want a Megs that can stand toe to toe with MP Convoy, damnit!

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Great news.

This could also be something totally unexpected, like say...Super Megatron, from Masterforce, Victory or whatever it was?

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Whatever its alt mode turns out to be I'm getting one for sure. I just want the bot mode to match Prime in size and is G1 esque in color and appearance.

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Oh heck yes. Now all I need is pictures to seal the deal.

Original G1 style I would prefer, but a G1 color scheme G2 Megs or a Stormbringer version the size of MP Ops would make my day as well.:D 

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I would prefer Megs to be a tank its more realistic in alt mode. It being an Abrahms would be nice but if they want to keep the tracks operationable they would go for a WWI Tank mode with it having 4 seperate track systems(1 for each Leg and Arm) and would be more realistic looking. But we will have to wait and see the pics coming out soon I hope.

20. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Sweetheart? Lady, I'm a guy, not a chick. And as for my assumptions, they aren't assumptions, they're just theories. For all we know, Takara might go ahead with a gun mode for MP Megs.

Sidenote: It's not a dirty sanchez, it's a moustache. A MOUSTACHE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.