MP-05 at BBTS to be modified

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Robogeek28, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
  2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like they changed their mind. Is that the real figure or just a mock image? I think I will try to import it myself I don't want them to paint my $100 figure. Maybe Digital Toys will be unmodified.

[​IMG]

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

At least we will be able to get him. And if it gets painted hopefully it won't be to hard to remove said paint without damaging the toy.

4. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well I don't think Ill be buying from them unless I absolutely would have to.

5. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am not paying someone to deface my toy.

I will be shopping elsewhere. If people can get Re-issue Megatron, they can get this. BBTS wants to cover their asses, fine. Buyers can go elsewhere, I will.

6. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    I may, but if he's packaged in bot mode I see no reason whatsoever why they should feel they hafta paint him.

7. Kupp

News Credits:
    What will be the next press release, they need to paint the box images of Megatron, to reflect a compliant toy...

8. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

If this ships in bot mode, would customs grab it?

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm wondering about that image too.
    Too bad for you Yanks though it'll have to be modified.. Stupid gunlaws!

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

This may be the first really big blunder I've seen BBTS make. I think there will be plenty of other ways of getting ahold of Megatron in original form. So I see Joel and the gang sitting on a stockpile of modified MP05s for a long time to come.

I just don't see the target audience for Megatron being willing to pay that much for a toy that isn't stock.

And, um, didn't we hear that the stock version of the toy was going to come with an orange cap anyways? So what information did BBTS get to tell them otherwise?

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the news...Frontpaged and credited.

12. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I'll be getting him from somewhere, but there is no way I want any type of orange tip on this Megs and if he is packaged in robot mode is there really any need for it?

13. Robogeek28

News Credits:

Wheeee, my second one:D . *ahem* Anyway, between the fact he's supposed to have an orange cap already, and the possibility he'll be packaged in bot mode, I'm not too worried yet. Joel may just be warning people this is a worse case scenario here, hopefully this won't come to pass, at least I hope not.:redface2: 

14. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

15. Black Omen

Black Omen Well-Known Member

You can always paint over it or remove it. Which ever they decide what method to use.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mm... all things considering... I think that there will be plenty of other ways to get one that isn't modified. I'm not going to pay these guys (although I love BBTS and will continue to shop there) to mutilate my toy. Simply put, people were able to import the TFC Megatron reissue without any problems (even though BBTS said that they couldn't) so I really think the issue about it is that BBTS is trying to cover their asses just in case. And that's fine, but between all the other online stores and eBay... I think I'll be ordering this toy from someone else. Again... I'm not going to pay $99.99 plus shipping for a modified toy...

Personally, I think this is going to be a really big mistake for these guys. Like I said, there's a lot of other options for importers all over the net so I see BBTS sitting on a stockpile of modified MP-05s for a very very long time to come. I myself will not buy MP-05 from BBTS unless it turns out that I absolutely have to, but neither of my Megatron reissues were ever "confiscated" by customs and I bought both of those from eBay sellers in Japan... I don't see customs taking my MP-05 either.

Again, while the legalities of it are true... I think it might not be as big a deal to import the stuff as they think, but just in case they're covering their asses so that they don't even have the potential for $100's of dollars of merchandise to be confiscated.

17. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I second this notion. I'll only get it from them if it's my last option.

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Prop replicas and such fall under the realm of "adult collectibles" and are not marketed to mainstream consumers. It is entirely possible that because Megatron transforms, he is considered a toy by some obscure and vague customs rule.

That is about the extent I'm going to guess about this issue, but there are a lot of issues at play

19. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    The fandom once again amazes me. BBTS goes the extra mile to keep an entire shipment from being seized and confiscated (read: NO TOYS AT ALL) by complying with a federal and international law, and all you nerds whine about is your god damned orange tip defacing your toy.

You whine and whine about wanting your gun, and now you whine and whine because you can't have it like you want it. Well i think the bank should give me money for free, but you don't see me weeping about it.

20. Kupp

News Credits:
    The longer this goes on, the more it sounds like an episode of South Park in the making.