MP-04 trailer stickers!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Delta Star, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This update is all about one thing: The largest production Reprolabels.com will ever be involved with.

Thanks to outstanding pencils by Frank Milkovich, we bring you a complete set of internal trailer stickers for MP-04!

It's not for everyone, due to the high price of this toy, and thus, the high price of this gigantic sticker set, but it is ABSOLUTELY worth a look.

Check out several high-res images of this artful sticker set here:

http://www.reprolabels.com/Binaltech/mp04.asp

Thanks again to Frank, and a quick shout out to Stef Banaszak for some final production assistance.

2. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    I was holding out on a few other sticker sets from to see the final images of this set. Looks like Reprolables will be getting a big order from me this weekend!

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome update Delta Star. Thanks!

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Sweet!

If I had the trailer I would be all over that.

5. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $42 for those interested. It is indeed a giant a sticker heavy set.

6. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I have mp-04, but ill be passing. I just dont dig how all the characters are spread out all over. Are they all supposed to be video screens? I diddnt realize primes' trailer was a communication hub with video survalence on all the decepticons. All the non character stickers look great,but $ 42 when I would only use half, well....

7. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I kinda see where you're coming from, it does seem a bit busy. With that said, without the stickers, the trailer seems EXTREMELY plain and this sticker set does the trick in a pinch and with style! Good job to Reprolabels, again. Of course I don't even have MP-04 so what the heck am I talking about?! :dunce 

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I appreciate the effort that went into making these stickers, but I think I'll be keeping my trailer as it is since these stickers make things look a little too cartoonish for my personal liking. They just don't seem to suit the Masterpiece aesthetic. They're not bad or anything, just not what I would want lining the inside of my trailer is all. Plus, it is just a trailer afterall - I don't need it to be interior decorated to look like a central command.

But definite A for effort, and I'm sure a lot of people will love this set.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

not really interested, doesn't really go well with a realistic looking transformer, i mean it's cartoons all over it...

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    That must have taken a helluva lot of work and I appreciate the effort but I have to admit that I echo others sentiment that I will not be getting this for my MP-04. The aesthetics of the stickers don't really match the aesthetics of the figure. Maybe if the stickers had more realistic looking, updated G1 looks sorta like some of the better Dreamwave stuff (meaning more detail on faces and parts and not the balloon limbs, Don Figueroa's stuff for instance) then maybe. I agree that the MP-04 trailer is kinda blah and this was a great attempt but it's just not to my taste. Thanks for trying though.

11. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I think it looks great! Now I just have to get myself a trailer....

12. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

If I ever displayed my trailer in the open base look, I'd probably go for it, but, as I don't, I think I'll pass. It looks really great though.

13. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Love the none view screen stickers, but i agree with others about the cartoon feel to them as well as way to many view screens... Op's trailer has more view screens then the arc did.

14. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    While the new stickers are nice, I don't feel they meet "Masterpiece" status. The circuitry stickers do have a very G1 toy Prime feel, but I'm not sure that's a good fit for Masterpiece Prime.

Seems like more realistic stickers of pipes, wires, circuits and display monitors would have been more in order. Either fully rendered illustrations or CG would have been a better fit. And worth the price tag.

Again, the ideas are pretty sound. These stickers are quite nice. Just not sure the style of illustration matches up with a "Masterpiece" figure.

EDIT:
    Prehaps the stickers could be sold in sets with and without the cartoon viewscreens. Sets without could go for about $25. I could see some folks going for that.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    poor snarl...even reprolabels didnt give him the love....i think the set looks pretty cool, regardless of the cartoon based characters. i probably woulndt put those on either, but they look cool...buyt i dont have a trailer, nor 42 dollars for stickers. oh well, maybe someday....

on a side note, does the outside of the trailer already have something on it to look like g1 prime?

16. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Exactly!! That is how i should have stated it in my first post. Definately on the same page as you

17. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I've seen this thing first hand and i gotta say it's the coolest set i've seen. I thought it looked kinda busy on-screen when I first saw them as well, but when i saw the actual trailer with the stickers applied, my jaw fell open. I gotta say that with MP Prime being as cartoon accurate as he is, I think the cartoon versions of the bots is super-appropriate. Would've been cool to have Alt/BT versions for collection-continuity purposes, but again, i think it's totally appropriate as a match for MP Prime.

I personally think the plethora of view-screens is frickin' awesome! Given that Prime's trailer is a mobile command center, i reckon that he'd want his eye on as much as transformerly possible so the number of characters who can be seen is wicked-cool.

I love it, but totally understand people's opinions of it too. As soon as I get my MP-04, I'll be getting these and applying them quite happily. Thanks for all the hard work Delta, this thing's super-fantastico!!

18. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Like others, I dig the "command center" feel the stickers give the trailer. However, I'm planning on sticking with my MP-01 unless I come into a lot of money sometime soon, so I'm not going to be picking up a set. Kudos though!

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's some very impressive work. As most others have said, this would have definitely been a buy for me if the screens had readouts or various computer displays instead of characters, and if the colors of the circuitry bits were more muted and realistic (like mostly blacks, whites, and greys accented by dark shades of green, yellow and red for various indicator lights.

If this sticker set ever gets a 'redeco', I'd really consider it. Some WSTs would look great in a fully pimped-out command center.

20. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    That's basically what I was going after when pencilling the images. But I can fully appreciate some people's opinion that less is more - it's all a matter of preference, I guess. :) 

Thanks for the constructive feedback everyone!