MP-04 trailer problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by heshanj, Oct 12, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hey guys..
    i bought myself MP-04 the other day, and was really excited with it..totally love the figure and even the trailer, but the thing is....it doesnt really close well, the trailer...it doesnt snap tightly shut...and is quite loose and very easy to open..
    like, when i open a rear door, that force is enough to open the whole trailer...
    quite disappointing for such an expensive figure...is there anythng i can do to fix it? tighten any screws etc? :D 

here's wat it looks like...i can really push it tight and make it look better than this and quite fine, but it still doesnt feel tight and still opens easily

[​IMG]

please help

2. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Hmmm... I just checked my trailer, and it closes just fine, in fact it's quite secure -- I can hardly get it open when I'm TRYING to. On yours, have you checked all the obvious stuff, like making sure there's nothing stuck in the hinges, all the pins are present and secure, etc?

If it's just loose and the tabs refuse to stay locked together, I would definitely try playing with the screws along the inside of the roof section-- see if they're too loose or too tight, but be careful not to overtighten them, as it might damage the trailer plastic...

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks....i did check to see if anything was blocking it from closing properly..but im not sure which screws to check for...i guess i'll fiddle around a bit n have a look for myself...
    if anyone else has the same problem or knows of a fix etc, please post here! i wish i had the overtight problem like u ^^ instead of this
    EDIT: the only screws i see are on top, like u say...not sure if tightening em will help coz..well, maybe it'll help :D  i'll try..thanks

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the screws were very tight n didnt get much tighter..and the problem remains...anythign else anyone can suggest? :( 

5. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't really help but I checked mine out as well and it fits together perfect. Not sure what would keep if from coming together. That sucks for such an expensive figure.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, it really does suck... damnnn :( 

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ok, here's wat i did..i added 2 thin layers of superglue on the little clip ridges that actually hold the 2 halves together....coz i felt they were just not clicking right....and it worked!
    it looks better and it doesnt come apart nearly as easily...can swing open the rear doors n the trailer still stays together..in fact, its pretty damn tight to open now, kinda like urs shadowstitch...phew.. hope this helps anyone who was as unfortunate as this