MP-04 trailer pic request

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by heshanj, Oct 26, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hey guys (who own MP-04 :D )
    does anyone have a photo of their MP-04 trailer from above? i wanna see a clear pic of the top of the trailer..coz i bought mine a couple of weeks back, and it seems to me like the thing doesnt close properly...well, it closes, and it looks fine, but looking at it directly from above in good light, and there's a clear gap visible where the two halves of the trailer join..i saw another one at the store where i got this from (on display) that looked the same and my friends one is similar too...however, the only pic where i can see a clear shot of the top is on seibertron.com and that one looks fine...is that just they have photographed it properly? or do i own a slightly faulty trailer? please post a couple of pics of ur own, i'd like to see...its kinda bugging me, especially after spending so much on it..
    directly from top with a flash if possible...thanks guys

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have noticed that some of the MP's that are reissued do have a few quality differences. Like the primes have color differences and loose joints and such, Megs has the tarnishing metal parts on the reissued versions , im waiting to see if the reissued Magnus has quality problems..
    The last time I had my MP04 out , i didnt notice any gap in the top of mine though, but ill let you know for sure tomorrow if someone else dont before then :) 

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks for the response.. i wouldve thought its just mine...but yesterday, my friend bought it from the same store and it has the exact same problem..

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Prime had symptomatically unaligned chest pieces.

I have an original Ill take pics today for ya. But, I know I've seen someone else post with the trailer gap issue here. And it had a pic or two. Try searching for another thread like this.

The original megs had the cosmic rust. I think the reissue does as well. I know there are great recommendations on a good protectant for this on TFW. I cant remember the exact name of it.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks!
    lol i think the other thread ur talking about is mine too :D  coz i initially thought it was a problem with just mine, and posted asking for a fix if possible..now i see my friends one also has the same prob, its pretty much identical, so i wanna see if others have the trailer like this too...my prime's chest pieces are aligned fine, though one half closes in tighter than the other...my friends one is not aligned perfectly...

6. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yep. Oddly enough, my TRU 20th Anniversery Prime has perfectly aligned chest doors, but the Takara version I ended up getting (because he had full length stacks and a trailer) has messed up alignment on the chest doors and practically two different colors of red on each!

On the flip side my trailer closes very nice, with no gap.

7. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Here you go, sir! Pics from my MP Trailer... I've never had any problems with it opening or closing or fitting together properly. :( 

If you need other pics, just LMK. Be glad to help!

Attached Files:

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks so much, man, thats exactly wat i wanted..seems like ur one fits a bit closer together than mine...when i say there's a 'gap' on mine, its not a huge gap, but the joint shows a bit more than it should, it shows a bit more than urs...thanks again!

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    here's pics of my trailer as it is
    [​IMG]

as u can see, its not so obvious when looked at from a side, like this :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any idea how to fix this? :( 

10. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

To me, it looks like it is pinching at the back somewhere.

If not that, then maybe it warped from the factory?

[​IMG]

Or if you display it on the pylon thingies alot, maybe it warps in the middle like yours.
    But maybe not.

[​IMG]

more pics of original issue mp-04 trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like mine has a small gap as well.

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks a lot for the photos....wat do u mean, pinching at the back? there doesnt seem to be anything i can do about it..and i never have displayed it, this is how it was fresh out of the box..and like i said, it was the same with a friends one too...ur one seems to have a faint gap between the halves but that hardly shows unless ur looking for a gap like i am :D  thanks again..this trailer is a tad disappointing