MP-04 Trailer Opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Eternalm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I own MP-01 and I bought the JustiToys non transforming trailer for it, and then they announced Mp-04

Recently I've been thinking about selling the ones I have, and buying MP-04, but I keep going back and forth on it.

So, anyone who's got it, what are thoughts and feelings on the trailer?

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been tearing my hair out over that one for a while. I've got the US 20th anniversary version. I'd rather have mp04 but I can't quite justify spending $200 for a transforming trailer and smoke stacks (especially since MP Prime is not one of my big favorites).

What's weird is for some reason this has intensified in the last couple weeks after a year or two of being apathetic about it. It may have something to do with discovering recently that BBTS seemed to have marked their remaining mp04 down to $150, and then sold out of them before I discovered it.

Of course $150 for a trailer and smoke stacks is also quite excessive.

Grrr.

I don't know what to tell you.

3. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two things to keep in mind.

1: The trailer is all plastic (with rubber tires). This may/may not matter to you, but I remember a fair amount of people complaining about the lack of die-cast.

2: If you're going to want to be completist about it (the way I was) there'll be a tad extra spent on some sort of Roller, because MP-04 doesn't come with one (personally, given the lack of a launcher, I went with the Battle Rollar since I wanted some sort of gimmick with the thing).

That all taken into consideration; I'd say go for it. Keep in mind that you're not just getting a Prime with smokestacks and a trailer, but a Prime with a considerably more polished feel to it in terms of color scheme, and a much better shade of red.

Also check Ebay thoroughly; I remember seeing a ton of $170 MP-04's there a while back. I realize that's still expensive, but it's still less than $200.

EDIT: Never mind the ebay Idea. Dear god.....*just looked to see what it was at now*

4. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, the original 20th Anniversary Prime and MP-01 and MP-04 are all the same figure except for the "battle damage" on the hasbro release. I'd been thinking about this myself but when I got my hands on an Original 20th Prime MISB less then $100 shipped it answered it for me.
    I just pre-ordered a JIT Trailer from BBTS and the larger stacks from AgesThreeandup.com.

MP-04 is going for about $250 if not more on eBay right now so...I mean 250 before shipping for MP-04 with a trailer I probably won't split open or go the other route. 20th prime plus the stacks plus the Trailer came to maybe $160? Fairly easy answer IMO, especially with the great reviews the JIT trailer is receiving. Also haven't there been some concerns about MP-04 QC?

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was collecting when MP-04 was released, retail cost it was a no brainer, its why I pre-ordered MP-Rodimus.

One other option, Igear is releasing a MP trailer that opens..that's about $110 on BBTS IIRC, the JIT trailer is $60

5. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I've thought about the iGear trailer, but I wasn't too impressed with the quality on the Autoscout that I bought of theirs.

6. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I think i may have bought one of the last MP-04 Convoy figs because after i ordered from BBTS they sold out 2hrs later. The $200 price was kinda intense but when i got it two weeks ago, i was blown away...if you have the chance to get him with his trailer i say go for it...especially now that it is marked for $150 (when it gets back in stock.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I bought the original MP Prime, MP-01 when it first came out. Then later on MP-04 came out. At first I wanted to sell my MP-01 and get MP-04 but decided against it after hearing about all the QC issues. What I ended up doing was getting the MP-04 trailer separately. That way I didn't have to risk getting stuck with a subpar Prime.

8. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but based on the comparison shots I've seen, the IG trailer's considerably larger than the MP-04's or the JIT's. I'd have to see some more comparison shots of the cab modes with each trailer hooked up side by side to see if the size actually works for it or if it just looks silly.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would get it while you can. I picked up a MP-04 Prime two weeks ago on ebay with a BIN of $200 shipped and the seller included THS g1 Prime and TFC Soundblaster all MISB. I sold the THS Prime and TFC Soundblaster for around $115 so it brought the price of my MISB MP-04 down to $85 shipped and the box was NM condition. I could not believe my luck. I already have 2 20th Primes and one MP-04 Trailer but I could not pass up a deal like that. I prefer the battle damage of 20th Prime, I replaced the short stacks with long ones. Just keep looking the deals are out there and Prime looks great with his trailer.

11. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I've been thinking of selling my dalianjj MP Prime trailer and putting that money toward MP-04.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately they got 1 or more in after that with "distressed packaging" and bumped the price back up to $200 again. If they get more in I'm sure they'll go for a minimum of $200. If you managed to get one at $150 you're a lucky bastard. :p 

Although honestly, even if I'd caught the $150 sale I'm still not sure I would have done it (might have, though).

13. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    From some past eBay auctions I've seen for the trailer, that's about a direct swap. It's become pretty rare and sought after.

Personally, having had both, I'd keep the Dalianjj trailer. MP-04's trailer was massively underwhelming by comparison.

14. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I have the MP-04 Convoy, and am quite pleased. I am glad I have the trailer. OP wouldn't seem complete without it. However, I did spend a pretty penny on it.

15. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is that? Got any pictures? I'm looking for a Trailer that fits in with Black MP Convoy

16. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

I don't have any pics but imagine Primes G1 trailer blown up to masterpiece size, it's basically identical.

17. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that just MP-04 Trailer?:confused: 

18. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used my US release for a Custom Powermaster Prime and used the profitt to buy an MP-04 :D 

20. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I love the MP04 trailer personally. As Hotrod said, Prime just didn't feel complete without it. However, I bought MP04 having never owned another MP Prime. My decision was influenced by not wanting the battle damage of the original US release, or the crappy plastic of the Classics era one. The price of the Japanese MP01 had risen to a point where I could order MP04 for the same price, which although expensive, included a "free" trailer. I haven't had any issues with QC, and the paint has yet to rub off, either. My only complaint about him (besides the price) is that he comes with a grey gun. Otherwise, he's perfect.