MP-04 ??? should I or not

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Izzo01, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I got mine for like $200 but that was like over a year ago.

It seems that both Hasbro and Takara reissue suffer from similar QC issues, ie. the chest windows don't line up and the paint chips even easier than before. Mine doesn't have the former but definitely the latter...still trying to figure out a good way to patch up those paintless spots on his torso.

I guess I could just pretend it's battle damage or something...

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my MP04 in a trade. Got to be the best version of prime i have gotten .. I wish i could get MP Magnus , he is last MP figure i need . Wish they would put him up for sale again like they been doing with all the rest of the line.. Not fare i tell ya :( 

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Isn't MP04 the most bad quality control-ridden Prime of them MPs?

Unless you plan on displaying your MP Prime in truck mode all the time, the trailer is a bit redundant, in my opinion. If I ever wanted one, I'd get the cheap 50 USD trailer from justitoys [spelling?] and call it a day.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    what i did is get mp-01 and then bought the trailer.its cheaper that way unless you want to spend 300+ for mp-04

5. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was able to pick up the MP-04 trailer by itself from a board member for under $100 shipped. I already had MP-01 and 20th anniv. prime (1st release). I like the battle damage look so I disply 20th prime (w/long stacks) in bot mode and MP-01 w/ MP-04 trailer in truck mode. I have to say that when you display prime in truck mode with the trailer it is just as impressive as prime in bot mode. In my opinion the trailer is definitly worth picking up but I would recommend you have 2 masterpiece primes so you can display him in both modes to fully appreciate the trailer.

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The MP04 trailer is great, a little plain without the stickers inside but you can always buy them from repro. I love the way the door was made on the back of it , double doors and then a fold down ramp.. The crane tower is cool as well // Plus it has areas where his gun can be stored along with megatron and the mace.. Its not cheap at all .. It looks great with repros on it

The price now is a bit high yeah , but you cant call the trailer cheap at all , by far better then the justitoys version. And Prime is the same as the MP01 prime in every way .

7. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Definitely save yourself some $...buy an MP-01 and a Just Toys trailer.

8. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    mp-01 are going for @ 200 with a quick ebay seach plus the trailer is in the 60 (non transforming) 100 ish (transforming) that right at or over mp-04

9. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    One other thing to consider is that there is rumour of an actual re-release of the MP-04 by Takara. That is why all these MP-04s are now showing up at a higher mark up. Suppliers who have been storing these are now trying to get rid of them at a good mark up before the actual release. You can get them now from a few vendors for the $230 to $250 range or take the chance and wait for a possible re-release and get it for $180 to $200 range.

Is MP-04 the Convoy to have? It is good but the Convoy portion was plagued with issues. (which may be fixed in a reissue) and of course the trailer did not contain Roller. It was nicely detailed and did open up, which the shorter Justitoys ones does not do.

Spencer.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nicely put Spence. Though I have to say MP-04 is the Convoy to have. No toy is perfect according to fandom, but MP-04 is as close as it gets.

11. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whats suppose to be wrong with him ? I have had mine for some time now and never had a problem with anything.

I agree , Trailer opened and Prime in bot mode is too cool and in vehicle mode this sucker is pretty impressive, got to be over 2 foot long..

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    As a matter of fact, I wrote a review of it. It's "only" 19 inches long with the trailer.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I've been jumping back and fourth on this. On one hand, I feel that the toy itself (the Prime mold) in any form is a must for a collection, and this is the most complete release. On the other hand, I already have 20th ANN and 20th ANN movie versions. The cost is only an issue with me because it's a pretty staggaringly large amount for any piece of my collection since I don't go for the more valuable vintage stuff. As of now, I have it preordered, but I keep wavering. I was hoping this thread would help me decide, but again this thread goes both ways to. Arg!

14. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had to make almost the same decision. I already have two original 20th Ann's (battle damage), and a DVD edition Prime. I've been trying to get a transforming trailer for 8 MONTHS (custom or Takara)! It's damn near impossible now. Getting MP-04 really comes down to how much you want the trailer. ages3andup said they will possibly be selling MP-04 trailers seperate so you could take that gamble.

For me I've decided just to buy MP-04 and sell one of my 20th Ann Primes. So if you really want MP-04 get it, cause it will just cost you more if you wait. Trust me, I learned that lesson with the Alternators.