MP-04 ??? should I or not

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Izzo01, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about canceling my Jap. Classics and encore Jazz going all in for this one what do you guys think ????

Is mp-04 "THE" prime toy to own??? Leave me what you think.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    for the price, I'd try to find a cheap dvd prime and one of the two different bootleg trailers. you can get a non-transforming one for probably $50 and a transforming one with roller for (well, I did at least) $100.

isn't that mp-04 like $250+ now?

3. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

yeah $249 but in the $400's on ebay ... point is I dont really like knock-offs no matter how "good" they are I'm not going to spend 100+ on something that's not legit. I was just checking to see what other though of the toy since if I get it it'll be my first MP Prime.

Sidenote: I had all the Jap. CLassics preordered just incase people are wondering about price difference.

4. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I'll say go for it everyone should have a MP prime .... and why not get the perfect version at that.

on another note since I figure alot of MP-prime owners will be looking here is there a difference between the Gray Gun 20th and the reg. one ??? my friend seems a little too eager to trade.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Get it!! It's available again AND affordable, so you might as well jump on it while you have the chance. The figure is obviously amazing, the OFFICIAL trailer is leaps & bounds better than any of the KO/unofficial ones, and the packaging is the best of the MP line due to it being so big.

That said, you can also gamble and wait for the rumoured MP Prime vs. Megatron 2-Pack set due to come out later this year. It'll apparently contain the MP-04 version of Prime (ie: complete w/ trailer) plus additional accessories like a stock & silencer for Megatron. The downside right now is that it will be hella expensive, and most importantly, is not actually 100% confirmed to happen just yet.

6. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the MP Prime vs. Megatron 2-Pack is going to happen. As great as the MP Prime mold is, it has been used enough times, IMHO.

To your original question of canceling Jap Classics and Encore Jazz order to get the MP-04, I would have to say no. The Classics line is a great toy line on it's own, and I think you'll have more fun with those toys vs. the MP-04.

BUT, you should try to do everything in your power to get the Jap Classics, the Encore Jazz, AND the MP-04! They are all must haves, IMO.

I was in a similar position as you not too long ago. I ended up getting the US Classics line and ordered the MP-04 when it was announced on TFSource.com. I've also got a DVD Prime (same MP mold, minor differences) that I'll be purchasing a trailer for soon.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Honestly, paying 250 for what you could get for 150 is ehhh... DVD Prime FTW... And one of those Trailers is the official Takara one. I personally would get DVD prime, order one of the black guns that is now available, and wait on the trailer. As ass kicking as this prime is, the Trailer almost becomes an after thought.

8. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

keep them coming guys .... I have all the american classics already that the only reason why I considering this. DVD is not an option a buddy of mine went thru 3 of them during xmas time the quality of the paint and the toy itself was meh .... if I had a 20th prime I think those were pretty solid but judging from ebay those are in the 100's to the 3500's ( lol from the ebay thread ) plus another 100ish and your at the price of a MP04 of a little ahead.

oh and Ceasar Prime should always have a trailer lol

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Dude, I think you've answered your own question then. You already have all the Hasbro Classics, you already know that Hasbro's 20th Anniv. Prime is inferior compared to the Takara MP-01/04 versions, you know that Prime needs an official trailer, and you probably know that it'll be MUCH harder to track down MP-04 once it's sold out again than it will to find any of the Japanese Classics later on.

Go with your gut man - you know you want MP-04 - so go get it already!

:) 

10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

DVD Prime does NOT equal MP-4. MP-4 is superior for a lot of reasons.

11. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like Incepticon said, go all in for MP-04. The Japanese Classics are not worth it for some extra paint, except maybe Megs.

I got mine for $160 from BBTS and never regretted it. That's also the most I spent, and ever will spend, on a TF.

12. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Not that i want to highjack this thread but where are the black guns available to replace the cheesey blue guns?

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'd love an MP-04, but for the price, I'm satisfied with my DVD Prime. He's never going to be in truck mode, so the trailer is nice but not necessary (unless I had MP04 and DVD Primes). My only complaint about DVD Prime, aside from the stacks and strangely colored rifle, is the fact that his chest panels don't line up properly.

14. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

I say no, because I own Hasbro's original 20th Prime. In fact, I just cancelled my preorder for MP-04. I'm going to buy some long smokestacks, one of the trailers, and then call it a day. I think I prefer the battle damage and cartoon-accurate gun that Hasbro's 20th Prime came with, as opposed to MP-04.

I would get it if I didn't own the mold already.

15. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  16. Max-prime

News Credits:
    I just put the preorder in right now thanks guys for all your help .... feel free to keep discussing mp-04 :) 

17. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you get the moolah go for MP-05.

18. Max-prime

News Credits:
    nerdling ...i was going to get him as well but I decided on encore omega supreme

19. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'm gonna have to say no. I have MP-04 and the trailer sits in the closet. I'd be inclined to say yes if it was $180 but $250 is overpaying. (and yes, I know eBay prices are higher)

Just go with DVD Prime, color scheme is not that bad and it'll cost you $50. Get some long smokestacks and voila, a nice looking prime. Pocket the money and spend it on something else.

You have to ask yourself if the trailer is worth all that extra dough. I don't think it is.

20. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member