MP-04 QC Issues and other Defects

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Dec 28, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

For those who have purchased MP-04 what is the overall quality of the item?
    I opened mine and the two windows on the chest that open to reveal the Matrix are uneven, meaning the first door is higher than the other which looks awful! Also the paint is very thin, missing in one large spot. I tried to adjust the window hinges but they will not budge. I also just thought about touching up the paint, but the uneven windows are driving me nuts and if not careful it scratches the plastic arms while in cab mode because it's not aligned properly, it's maybe 1/8 of an inch off, but it's noticeable. I also notice overall digs and scratching throughout the item. Did I just get a dud? Are they all this bad? Am I just being over critical?

I need advice before I try to deal with sending this thing back (weighs a ton, as you know!) and paying shipping costs from somewhere else etc etc etc

HELP!

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didnt have MP-4, but my 20th Primes windows were uneven, but not really bad. It still bugged me at times though.

3. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I got him, and yeah, my MP-04's windows aren't lined up as well as MP-01's. I figure that, since the mould's been used several times now (MP-01, MP-02, MP-04, plus two Hasbro issues that I know of), things aren't gonna' line up all that well... but dagnabbit... I NEEDED THAT TRAILER!!!

Another part of mine that doesn't line up right is his right shoulder in cab mode... not tons of space, but yeah... enough to drive me a bit batty.

Mine doesn't have any paint problems, though.

If anybody has any ideas for fixin' him, I'd love to hear 'em as well.

Have fun!!!

4. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Sounds about the same as mine. Multiple paint problems with obvious touch up paint.

5. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

The chest windows have been uneven on the MP Prime mold from the get go.
    My MP-04 is actually slightly better than my MP-01 in that regard.

Luckily no paint app problems although the red die is slightly darker than the red paint.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I know I can be a bit picky, but for 200.00 I expect a little more!

Any tips on how to fill in the craters on the diecast? I want to paint over it, but there will still be an indent.