MP-04 Perfect Convoy not so perfect....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I orderd this guy from TFSource and hadn't opened him until recently. When I did, I found that the red paint on his chest is very very thin. I can see the diecast through it on the high spots. Also, there are blotches in the paint of his autobot symbol on his arm.

His trailer is fine.

I know I should contact them to see if I can trade it out. Thing is, I hate to be out more money having to pay to ship it back. Then there's the possibility the one I get in return could be just as bad if not worse.

Are the guys at TFSource pretty good about fixing problems like this? Would they be willing to open a new one and check to makes sure the bot is fine? Maybe even just trade out the box with the bot to save on shipping, instead of shipping the whole thing. The bot and trailer are in seperate white boxes inside the main box.

2. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I don't know about TFsource doing that. I do know that BBTS has for me before though with my MP-02. I had to send him back twice and they paid for the shipping and everything. I would hope Curt would take care of you just like Joel would. I love both of those stores. Best of luck man.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I think you're probably out of luck no matter what. You can try contacting them, but unfortunately TFSource has a policy of not replacing items that are broken, incomplete, or otherwise unsatisfactory from the factory. It's the only unfortunate policy of an otherwise top notch store. See below:

Q: What is your return policy on merchandise that was factory sealed but when opened was incomplete/broken?
    A: Takara and their suppliers do not offer us any replacement parts, or returns for this type of merchandise. Once the goods leave Japan, they will not own up to the merchandise as goods crossing borders is considered "grey market" goods and no longer eligible under any manufacturer agreements. Therefore we do not offer any returns or replacements on goods that are broken/incomplete.

http://tfsource.com/preorderfaqs.html

But hey, try giving Curt an email and see what he says. You never know, and it can't hurt to try.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Absolutely. Sorry to hear about the problems though man, it's definitely not cool to throw down so much money and get subpar product in return.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll send Curt an email, though after looking at that FAQ about this topic, I'd say I'm SOL.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Since the trailer is fine, you could try parting off Convoy alone for cheap (with or without accessories, at your discretion), take a slight loss, but use the funds to track down one of those MP-01 reissues. Assuming Curt doesn't help you out with your problem, that is.

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I'm sorry to hear that your Convoy had paint problems. I wonder if it's more common with MP-04 and the new release Prime in the U.S. I know I've looked at alot of the U.S. Primes and the paint seems to be as you described, thin and sloppy, certainly not as nice as on MP-01 or the first release of Prime.

8. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I was missing a sticker sheet from a WST Flamethrower and TFSource sent me out a sheet immediately and without any questions.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC. the paint was rather thin in that area on MP01 as well.

10. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I haven't noticed any thin paint on my MP-04, but the paint is clearly a different shade of red. It doesn't match at all, that sucks. The Autobot symbol is thin on the white paint on one corner. Definitely not perfect, but tight construction on all joints and seems. Still very solid.