MP-03: The Aftershock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phorpus, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My one's mostly fine; there's a little stress & some minor cracking on one of the wing joints (where they flip over onto his back), but other than that it's OK. I did perform the fix on his shoulders, to let them work properly (cutting down the springs & posts inside the shoulder, to let them fold up better in jet mode).

2. Hatch_1

Hatch_1 Well-Known Member

On mine, the nosecone broke in two place within three transforms. This is about the only time I've ever envied MISB collectors. It was probably my fault, though, as I didn't read the instructions.

See, I mistakenly thought it was a toy.

3. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

They do seem to be piling up fairly cheap on Ebay.

Still hoping for an anime accurate colours re-release. Hopefully Takara have understood what the problem was.

Phazer

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Mine is fine. Just two minor stress marks. Transformed him several times as well. He most hovers over his stand with MP Primes Megatron pistol.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I tried to read the instructions, but didn't know japanese. I am glad I bought mine, although it does spend most of the time in it's box. Some wear on the tailfins but that is about it. Handle it carefully if you get it, I would hate to break a $90 Transformer.

6. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Hold off. As an avid Starscream fan......well, just flat out, this toy pised me off. Mine came with stress marks on the rear wing points and chipped paint stripes. Transforming him for the third time and being extremely careful, one of his wing clips cracked. I nolonger even touch him. I may just put him back in the box and leave him.....I'm quite angry I spent this much money to get a figure of lower quality than a KO.

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'm holding out for anime colours, and hoping that the QC issues are sorted.

8. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Some people had good luck, some people had bad luck. I had bad luck. The wing joint on mine cracked the second time I transformed him, and I ain't putting him back into plane mode until I figure out how to fix it.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I pretty much keep him in robot mode I've transformed him maybe 3 times. I generly go and find the instructions when I do just to be sure. He has one or two stress marks but there are no cracks, and he has both faces. If this were re-released with better QC and better colors I'd buy a 2nd in an instant. It makes me a little worried about QC issues on Megs. But he doesn't seem quite as complicated Starscream.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I keep him MISB, that way I won't regret spending $90 on it if something goes wrong during transformation. I may even sell it someday and make my money back.

11. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I have most Starscreams, and this one is definately my favourite. I've transformed it many, many times, no problems.

12. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I bought one. Hated it, then sold it. Someone else's purchase to lament now.

13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope that the partially negative response to this toy doesn't eliminate the possibility of Has-Tak whomever re-releasing it in show accurate colors. I'd like to get him, but I would pay the full retail price for him, nor would I get one in that blue-green color. I'm going to check ebay, etc.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I bought MP-03 and have had little or no problems with it. I will say this I read over a lot of the ZOMG Screamer sucks threads and instead of diving in and trying to transform him outright (which I do with 99% of the TFs I buy) I read the instructions and followed it step by step. The only thing I did differently was making sure the top center panel in jet mode was pulled up and loose before folding up the wings.

15. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I got mine 2 days ago, transformed him 3 or 4 times, no stress marks as of yet. One question though, how do the stickers hold up. I didn't applied them yet out of fear of them peeling off in a couple of months.

Has anyone applied them and how well have they held up?

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I put the stickers on mine shortly after Botcon, and they're still fine.

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The flimsy tabs on the wings:

It's been said before, but it's worth saying again.

Ignore what the instructions say.

Don't detatch the wings until the rear panel above the wings has been raised.

To do that, flip out the lower arms then push the flap up from the underside.

This will save the tabs on the wings being stressed, and then breaking.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Starting to think the negativity for MP 03 is getting over exaggerated

Ive transformed him atleast 10 times normally, without treating him like a delicate, and everything is still fine. Was a little worried in the beginng .
    No toy is flawless.

19. deaths head

deaths head Yess!!

I agree with Incepticon to an extent, however I must have been lucky with the paint job. Thought I had recieved an emty box when I first recieved it (due to the light week plastic). Thought customs in taiwan got there grubby hands on it!

Iacon you need to tilt the head back pull down the face and twist it round to change the face (be carful not to break it!).

Its in robot mode, with the sneer face, to scared to change it back!

20. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a release from Hasbro with this guy for Christmas 2007. I'm also on the fence about this guy. I'm changing my collection around some and I want to direct it towards some more customized figures. So I think I'll save 80 bucks and buy two Star Scream classics and make a Thundercracker and Skywarp.